Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Girls Gone Wild- Australian Style

Janna   

Sheherazade

Forget about Tasmania, you are probably the only Somali folks that live there.

Look, I don't want to turn this into a conversation. I would like to hear other people's view of this. If you don't mind.

------------------------------------------

dawoco   

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

Pink, you have quite an eye catching signature.

As for your topic, the reason so many of the sisters take offence at you laying the blame squarely on the girl's shoulders is simply because the girl didn't go out alone and get pregnant. It's not as if she willed herself to conceive and voila she was carrying a child, the guy played a role in it.

As you have acknowledged, some girls are pressured into a sexual relationship to keep a guy and some are so naive that they let themselves get involved with wild and highly romantic notions of belonging together and the whole romeo & julliet reinactment of true love prevailing over the parental tyranny. If the guy prssures the girl with the "give in or loose me" ultimatum he should carry most of the blame. And even if they both were carried away with puppy-love, or lust, they should equally share the blame.

Originally posted by Pink_Phoenix:

Sheherazade

Forget about Tasmania, you are probably the only Somali folks that live there.

Look, I don't want to turn this into a conversation. I would like to hear other people's view of this. If you don't mind.

------------------------------------------

Lol, if u don't want a conversation with me, ignore me- if u can resist. U like making little demands, eh? Bless, how sweet. I'm no Aussie, girl but human nature is what it is wherever u go.

Janna   

Good-Credit

:confused: Queensland? Who said I was located there? :confused: Ah, nevermind!

Dawaco

Thanks smile.gif

Maybe they have read too many love stories :D Therefore the girls feels the need to play the role of the main character. :eek: Could I be right?

Buubto   

Originally posted by Pink_Phoenix:

^^ I refuse to change the title.
redface.gif

fine is ur call it was just a suggestion :rolleyes: it is bitty the topic is a beneficial to the community but the title misleads ppl.

Senora   

Of course she wants it otherwise she wouldn't have done it. The girl also says yes because she may feel the need to hold on to someone, so she gives her all to her boyfriend (whatever you want to call him). Its the truth. Take it or leave it.

And I take it you've been lurking behind the scenes in every "sexual" act going on in Aussie? 'Cause, you seem rather adamant with these silly claims of yours icon_razz.gif

....& where are my comments on the thread...did I really had a say in this thread..?

Or you removed my comments..

No wonder... smile.gif

I thought this was the real idea behind immigration to unknown countries and cultures..in the name of Humanitarian mission sponsored 75% by the World church council...

They needed decay in social ISLAMIC fabrics like families..and parental guidance..This youth with progene a WACELO generation that will not have Shyness as part of it's culture..

The next time you will hear a man making love to his daughter..Nacudhu Billah...and nobody will see it a 'BIG THING'..

Disgusting...no wonder they want all our women semi naked by giving freedom to 'oppressed women".. smile.gifsmile.gif

Originally posted by Phantasma:

^ Sometimes I wonder what planet you hail from.

Please remove my threads..that is actually what you wanna do.. redface.gif

amn't from Queens..

Saalixa   

Lexuz

I have been living in australiasia for some long time now...and i personally think that the youth in Melbourne are very wild and unstable in the mind. This of course is all on the parents for not taking them out of the Wild environment like your title suggests and helping them start a new health chapter in some state like beautiful PERTH or SYDNEY. The reason why the parents disagreed at the beginning was simply because they didn't wasnt to reuin the future of these little love dubs that thought marriage was all about love making.

They say down here about Melbourne youth

"there is a marriage between two every week and there is a divorce made every fortnight between a different two and when you see a new young couple marrying in somewhere like the HILTON HOTEL give em a few months coz its already been agreed upon that the marriage will last approximatley this long in duration." More like bold and beautiful to me don't you think?

It is like signing your divorce contract at the same time as your marriage contract

:eek:

Rahima   

*Brings our reer Melbourne claws*

Rayaana,

In all fairness sister, I think your comments are a tad over-exaggerated not to mention not really based on facts. I too have being living in Australia for an extremely long period of time-trust me; I’ve being here since Somalia was nabad if you get my drift ;) . Having said that over the years I’ve come to know many people, like most of those who run off together for Queensland or Adelaide. These people sister, are not necessarily bad people just a by-product of the ways of society at this time and because of their parents who deny them their rights because of silly issues.

To say that the youth of Melbourne are very wild and unstable is also very wrong. I mean I see you live in Sydney, how have you come to this conclusion? Have you lived here for so long that you’ve come to see this of most of the youth? By making such a statement you are basically stating that most if not all of the youth are as you believe. Let me tell you a few things about my fellow Melbournians, sure enough there are some lost souls amongst us youth here (notice the some, very small in number and certainly not enough to generalize as you have), but the majority are your average youth, the average girls adorns her xijaab, attends her school, might chat to boys on the phone (gotta take advantage of that Optus freetime ;) ), listen to music, go to the movies with her girlfriends etc, however she is at home, attends dugsi, and on generally good terms with her family. These traits my sister do not make people very wild and unstable, we need to face it, this are the ways of the youth. Wild (as is indicated in this thread is to do such things as run away with a boy interstate) is an exception sister, how many people do you know that have run away? What 10 in the last year (I am so sure it’s more like 2 couples, but I’ll stretch it for arguments sake)? How do 20 people mark the youth in general as wild and unstable? Wild can also be those who make use of illicit drugs, how many do you know that do that, even if we were to stretch the figure to 25% (I personally believe that it is waaaay less than this, but once again let’s just stretch it for arguments sake), would that still be a majority?

Bottom line is sister, religiously and culturally speaking we all know that Melbourne as far as the Somali community is concerned is far ahead of both Sydney and Perth combined (which is the reason why all the reer NZ folks have moved over here). Sydney is certainly out of the race (trust me sister, I know, I have being and seen, not to mention in my xaafad alone we have three families who have moved from Sydney in search of a more Islamic environment for their children-and some mind you were living in good old Lakemba), I mean it’s the place where all the young boys in Melbourne venture out to have “some fun†(if you know what I mean). Perth is not too bad, but considering that the Somali population is so small and somehow or other Somalis have a tendency to congregate into one area, Perth is not a good option for he who is looking for his people-trust me I know families who moved to Perth a few years back from Melbourne for the sake of cheaper housing and cheaper Islamic schools, five years down the track and their back.

As for the divorce issue, the rate is high wherever you go, it certainly is not issue only relevant to Melbourne, the same can be said about Sydney. Most of what is said amongst Somalis is gossip, you hear about the case of divorces in Melbourne (btw not generally with the youth who’ve recently tied the knot) and we hear of Sydney the macalin teacher enticing a young girl and her eedo at the same time, married both, the eedo knew, not the girl, both pregnant, the guy gets a good beating…you get my drift-Gossip.

I am not saying that the youth in Melbourne are perfect, but I do believe that your judgments were biased and unfair. A few bad apples cannot represent us all. I think the Islamic lectures (of about 400 Somali youth) is a good testimony to this, not to mention the many studying, the many full quranic schools, how many are still at home with their parents etc. I mean here in Melbourne, in my xaafad alone we have young boys of 12-15 who have begun and memorized the Quran whilst here in Melbourne. Basically, the good and the bad exist, but undoubtedly (alxamdullilah), the good outweigh smile.gif .

Saalixa   

Rahima,

From your response girl i see a very emotional and home loving mel sister.

Ok so you reckon iam over exaggerating my statements, but will i be doing so if this has come from people who have lived in melbourne for so long and have had all of thier children thier and are looking for a better future so they don't want to move to syndey since life is too expensive for a somali person. OK the average home rent for a small 2 apratment home within sydneys outer metropolitan areas is like $200 and that is a clean ok aparment in a safety neighbourhood like lakemba which i have been living in since the days! Yes i have met so many people with this problem and are like nagging but just don't know how to get out coz they got themselves into a mortgage but dread for the safety of thier children's future. My very close friend infact is from mel, she was living in flemington..or something like that and although she is home sick and would like to go back for a visit she swears she would never get invovled with somalis because they have no respect or and are mentally abnormal. SOrry for using such terms but i will tell u how,,,she states that she will constantly after coming from school have fights with other somali youngsters who would hasstle for money and even sometimes the older women would get involved as she was not from their tribe.

as for the couples divorcing, there isn't figures as high or anywhere near to those of mels and again it is not comming from me, from its inhabitants so don't think iam being picky or making stories. There is a high rate of young single mothers, and i have met one who moved down here a while ago.

All my girlfriends who go there for a visit will for sure one way or the other come back witnessing a girl fight (kuu boodis) in a gathering or wedding and they reckon it is normal. They were the only ones worried when they were present, the localz however acted like it was a common event. See i can not practically give you figures because you will not find this on the ABS lol or AINH coz national community or somalis for that matter don't publish certain things, it is just useless and degredating to our integrity. And i cannot tell u the participants because hey i don't want to start fights on sol here, it is our custom us sydney siders to not perform such shamefull acts. There is a gang among the girls who steal the dahab from the women? in the arooses ooohhh shame for our sisters i have heard that one too and many more too much to type.

However, i know and iam not ignorant of it that many somalis are entering into Universities and doing much progress and good for them. I applaud and beleive they will have very powerfull figures emerging form these universities and representing thier community all good and well. but these do not outweigh the number of girls and boys with have no higher school certificate, tertiary qualification nor are religious as you quote.

And sis what do you mean melbourne is far ahead? Ahead more than sydney? Ok that is a first i will hope you know what you mean. The only reason that ppl from NZ are coming to your state is it is easier to get into and they can afford the cheaper housing and lifestyle mel has to offer. The clothing and other expenses i heard are affordable and it is not fair iam coming to do some bargaining!lol

As for that gossip, it has reached mel? that fast, yaa rabi i am close to the girl who this has happened to but hey this was not done by a youth. He was a newcomer from NZ and supposedly a shiekh, and that was probably the most amazing thing that have so far occured. But things like that occur on a daily basis in mel, eg: Women sharing husbands, the man leaves his wife from one apartment and goes to the other women living in the room facing her door. And like they call us in mel, sydney is just too boring for them coz there are tooo many SHIeKHS and wadaadoyin.

i hope ou don't find me being baised, because i just think that i would be lieing to you if i agreed with you that mel is more holy and safe than sydney and perth. The proportion of those moving out is just far to great to perth and that just sums it all up.