Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

University of Bardhere.

Xoogsade   

This must be a project in the works then? They should contact development agencies that donate money to projects like this.

I would try Bill Gates as well since he and his wife set up a fund for education. I am not sure they will care about such a remote place as Somalia, but I think it is worth a try even if few thousands can be obtained by contacting them. The war-torn status of Somalia can make these filthy rich westerners sympathetic may be.

Nice job reer gedo, I mean, reer ohaio :D

nuune   

Great stuff, I love the idea.

what happened to University of Kismaayo though, any news, mashruucaas miyuu dhamaadey, mise wali waa lagu guda jiraa!

I think it is good idea first to have hospitals, because university projects could cost alot, whereby small hospitals can cost less and can do alot for the community.

uok7.jpg

Any news about this university, don't tell me Maxaakimta ayaa burburiyey mashruuca smile.gif

^^^Good post Horn, keep us posted. A question, will this be the main Uni of Gedo? and why not call it the University of Gedo rather than Bardhere?

Nuune, I think the project for the U in Kismayu is still under way.

Temujin   

Reer Ohio hada miyay hurdo kasoo kacaan. I am just glad they came out of the comma. Great job really although I would have prefered if the University was to be built in Baled Xawo. Hopefully there will be a second campus there.

Gabbal   

^ :D

The fundraising itself has been going on for a while now and a good majority of the money has been raised. This particular event is to celebrate that achievement more then anything else.

Nuune, Kismayo University is still on albeit side-tracked. The city deserves a university and inshallah a university it shall get!

Duke, another institution is being planned for the regional capital Garbaharey. That one will be named the University of Gedo.

Coloow   

Good news. But when did Bardhere (one of my favourite towns besides Luuq Ganaane) share a border with Dhuuso mareeb?

Bardhere (and the rest of somalia) needs primary schools and high schools- not universities. Don't you think?

Gabbal   

Shir Loogu Gogol Xaarayey Habeenkii Waxbarashadda ee Gedo Iyo Galgaduud oo Maanta Ka Dhacay Hotel Marriot ee Columbus Ohio.

Allwadani, Colombus-Ohio Nov24-2006: Waxaa Maanta ka dhacay shir ay soo qaban qaabiyeen Urrurka Somali Development Foundation (SDF), oo ay Marti Galisay Hay’adda SAHAN Media. Shirkan oo ah mid loogu googol Xaarayey Xaflad Sanadle ah oo lagu qaban doono magaalada Columbus, Ohio, maalinta Sabtida ah oo ay bisha November tahay 25, 2006. Munaasabadda shirka waa dhaqaala ururin (Fund Raising), loo sameenayo Ardayda Soomaliyeed, gaar ahaan, kuwa ku dhaqan Gobollada Gedo iyo Glaguduud.

P1020637.JPG

Shirka Maanta dhacay waxaa Qodbad Furitaan ah ka jeediyay Ayaanle Maxamed Siyaad, isagoo ku wareejiyay shir Gudoonkii Prof. Warsame oo ah Gudoomiyaha SDF. Waxaa kaloo kasoo qayib galay Shirkan manta Xubnihii Ururka SDF. Gudoomiyaha Jaalliyadda Somali Community Of Ohio, Xassan Cali Cumar, Ganacsato aqoonyahano Wax ka barta Jaamacadaha kala gedisan ee Columbus Ohio iyo waliba Ajnebi.

P1020636.JPG

Waxaa Habeendambe Kulanka wayn Marti inoogu ah Prof. Cali Khaliif Galeydh iyo Dr. Cabdulqaadir Aaden Jangelli.

C/qani Sh. Cali Diini

1.Cali Malaaq

2. Abdi Nuur Aw-Ali

3. Imam Maxamed Diini

4. Maxamed Dhabacadeeye

5. Yusuf Cabdi (Rasho)

6. John Morris

7. Mohamed Hassan Elmi

6. C/Raxmaan Shiikh Diini (Zeylici)

7. Mohamed Daahir Dhaqane

8. Cabdi Guuleed

9. Munaaqib Aaden Barre.

10. C/wali Muusse.

[ November 26, 2006, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Gabbal   

Somalis raising cash to rebuild schools

cdispatch.gif

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Sherri Williams

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Civil war in Somalia caused the government to collapse and the educational system to crash, leaving children without a solid foundation for the future.

Somalis living in the U.S. hope to rebuild the educational system in the eastern African nation by opening schools in their homeland.

The Columbus chapter of the Texas-based Somali Development Foundation will hold a fundraiser dinner at 5 tonight at the Capital Cafe, 3296 Westerville Rd. Tickets are $20.

The group plans to open three high schools in Somalia in the next two years, said national board member Abdinur Ali, of Kansas City, Mo. About $150,000 will be needed to build the schools, he said.

The push to enhance education is essential to rebuilding the country, which erupted in civil war in 1991, Ali said.

Last year, 13 percent of boys in Somalia were enrolled in primary school along with 7 percent of girls, according to UNICEF.

"We don’t have hospitals because we don’t have doctors," Ali said. "We don’t have a good water system because we don’t have engineers. You have to have the human resources to build those institutions. If you don’t have the qualified staff, it will fall apart."

The group raised $7,000 at last year’s dinner, Ali said.

Tonight’s speaker will be Ali Khalif Galaydh, former prime minister of Somalia and visiting professor at the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.

The Somali Development Foundation was formed last year by a coalition of groups working to rebuild the country’s educational system, Ali said. Chapters are in Columbus, Kansas City and Ottawa, Canada.

Separately, the groups have already opened a high school and elementary school in Somalia, Ali said, and reopened an elementary school.

The foundation wants to open a university in Somalia in the next four years, Ali said.

Although Somalia has no stable government, Somalis in America have successfully built schools there, he said.

Columbus has the secondlargest Somali population in America, with an estimated 45,000.

Funds raised for the schools will be held in an account in the U.S. and disbursed to Somalia as needed for various phases of the project, Ali said, including purchasing land and construction.

Financial records are being kept to make sure donors can track their dollars, Ali said.

Somalis in Columbus are excited about the effort because the schools can help empower the next generation, said Mohamed Dini, spokesman for the local chapter.

"They have felt the heat of ignorance," he said. "So anything to teach them, they are willing to take on."

sherri.williams@dispatch.com

Source: Columbus Dispatch, Nov 25, 2006

Haashim   

Bardhere (and the rest of somalia) needs primary schools and high schools- not universities. Don't you think?

Caaqiloow afkaygaad kala baxday, weliba marka magaaladu ay tahay magaalo iska yar oo aysan caasimadda koowaad, labaad ama saddexaad toona ahayn waxay u baahan tahay xisbitaallo iyo dugsiyo hoose/dhexe iyo sare iyo xitaa machadyo haddii baahida iyo awooddu gaaraan.

jaamacdaha hadda la rabo in Baardheer, Buuhoodle iwm laga dhiso waxay la mid yihiin soomaalida hadda Dr iyo Eng. isku wada magacaowday ama lagu magacaabay aan dhehee smile.gif .

waan la yaabay waxa soomaalida waalay, bal dad aan dugsi hoose iyo dhexe haysan baa jaamacad ku riyoonaya may dugsi dare, machad iwm iska yiraahdaan :confused: .

Calaa kulli xaal, reer Baardheer hadda ka hor taldayda waa diideen ee hadday hadda talo iga maqlayaan (talo walaal diide turaanturro ma huro)lacgtay ururinayaan dugsiyada hoose/dhexe iyo kuwa sare ha ku dhiseen oo tayadooda kor ha ugu qaadeen oo riyada beenta ah, oo la mid ah tii u sheegtay Kismaayo xoog ku haysta, ha iska daayeen.

Wasalaam.

Temujin   

Bardhere (and the rest of somalia) needs primary schools and high schools- not universities.

Baardheere already has many primary and secondary schools. I have particapated in raising funds for the construction of the last secondary school built there. Students in Baardheere used to go to Kenya to attend universities when they are finished with k-12 education. Now they will no longer have to travel to other countries to attend university. Maasha allah.

Gabbal   

^I personally contributed to the last two secondary schools the NGO Hirda built in Baardheere and Garbaharey. I hope to contribute to this initiative. If you would like, I can forward you the information to help contribute to this initiative also.