Sign in to follow this  
Uthman1

Help Palestine - Complain and write to BBC

Uthman1   

The issue in Palestine is intensing and our innocent brothers and sisters are dying. We need to help our brothers and sisters in every way we can, and I urge you brothers and sisters to send a complaint to the BBC abou the bias news regarding the Israeli soldier and as a result the whole of Gaza being broken to pieces. The imaans in the khutba called on all muslims to send their complaint. I also urge you that you give your Duaa to your brothers and sisters of Islam.

BBC complaints website is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/make_complaint_step1.shtml

I have sent my message to the BBC and it may not be great but at least I have made myself heard. You can use it as your guidance if you wish. Here it is:

Dear BBC,

I pay my subscription fee to the BBC every year and appreciate many of the programmes that are shown in the channel.

However I am very disappointed that whenever there is news about the issue regarding Palestine and Israel, the BBC sympathises with the Israelis more than they do with the Palestinians. This could be seen clearly from the news regarding the Israeli soldier being held. We have to look at facts here.

Around two weeks ago, a little girl was on the beach with her family. As she went to swim in the sea her whole family was blown to pieces by Israeli attack from the Sea. What would you have done if that was a little girl you knew?

In the past three weeks there have been a dozens of Palestinians killed including innocent women and children. Can you name any Israeli innocent women and children killed by Palestinians in the past 2 months.

You have to realize that the taking of this soldier is a direct result of the military aggression that Israel commits every day in the lands of Palestinians.

You emphasize in the BBC that Israel wants their soldier back, what about the thousands of innocent Palestinians locked in jail and the recent abduction of members of parliament. The killings of these innocent Palestinians are still going on and the fact that the people of this country haven’t awoken to the sickening aggression by the Israelis is directly linked to the bias news in favour of Israel that you broadcast every day.

I am sorry if you feel offended by what I have said, but I pay a lot of money to the BBC and in return I would like it that you broadcast facts and clarity on what is going in the Palestine Israel conflict rather than siding with one people or the other.

I hope you take this into consideration because there are innocent people dying in Palestine at the moment and we need to know about these issues, a Palestinian life is equal to an Israelis and I urge that you make the news equal for both people.

Jazakallah Khair

RedSea   

VERY nice Uthman, I am glad that you have taken that step, very well written message there.

I will make a long ducaa after each prayer for the suffering Palestinian people in hope that Allah will relieve them from the hardships that they endured at the hands of the most hated human creatures in history of mankind.

Lastly, I think you have figured out that it's not good idea to fund or have anything to do with news run by these people. They are all the same to us, so don't waste your money on it anymore, instead send that money to somewhere where it's appriciated;like Somalia or Palestine.

well! this is the kinda of the times i say keep hope alive! at least we got ppl like this who give a damn!! n r not like 1 track-minded clan chasing losers! but 1s who consider the whole picture..! plz remember when they burn your brothers or neighbor's, u is next! no doubt!!

the really sad thing about this story is, all the western leaders who keep yapping about morals and humans rights are so mia in the delima! so they disappears when poor muslims are getting slaughters by the isreali army!!

volience dont solve nothing! we all know that so the why is the badge given slaugther the helpless poor muslims in the world like its a thanks giving turkey party gone wild...! its this part of the democracy they talk about so much!!

words speak louder than action ppl! speak and let your voice be heard....write n email this ppl!! thats the least we can all do!!

No matter how many complaints you send in nothing is going to be changed, thats facta. BBC is amongst several influential media outlets controled and monitored by zionists and pro zionists, so waste not your energy for such this. If you want help palestenians you gotta pray for them and support them in their strugle agaist zionists.

Uthman1   

Allamagan, ofcourse it works, have you tried it before? I know of a muslim BBC presenter who said that it only takes 30 complaints for a full investigation to take place. How else do you think zionist lobbies work, they send many replies and urge you to get involved.

Its sad not many have replied and show interest in this important topic, I hope you realise that its time to stop always blaming others and be active.

And prayer is the most important, your right we should call on the support of Allah to make our task easy for us inshallah.

Khayr   

On a bit of a tangent,

I was watching the news the other night, awaiting to hear something about the conflict in that region. To my amazement, the first thing that the news caster in their segment said, as they showed pics of palestenians in a shop, was that "Business is Booming in this part of town", as the poor tailor was frantically making bullet proof jackets for his people.

Like get the fuuuck out of here. These people are getting shiiitted on, no lights, no water, no sewage, lack of food, the world spits on them - and all the stuuupid newscaster could say was "Business is Booming" for palestenians :mad:

Ibtisam   

How many times do we complain about the media and its bias against Muslims? Only this past week have we seen every excuse imaginable put forward by influential pro-Israeli members in the media who have sought to defend the continuing slaughter of the Palestinian people.

The difference now is one media reporter has stepped up by exposing the truth of the escalating brutality committed by the Israeli military. Jon Snow has dared to criticize Israel! He has stood firmly against pro-Israeli propaganda and has delivered a superb, objective and impartial interview.

It is perhaps one of the most sensational interviews of all time on channel4 and we must applaud Snow and channel 4 for this.

ACT NOW!!

It is crucial that Jon Snow is not silenced! We must support the media presenter as a matter of urgency by sending comments of support to news@channel4.com and jon.snow@itn.co.uk. All that is needed is a short paragraph remembering to point out the following:

• Thank channel 4 for their balanced and insightful account of the attack of Gaza.

• Further show an appreciation of Jon Snow’s thought provoking interview which highlighted clearly the discrepancies in the case put forward by the Israeli Government for their continuing attacks on the Palestinian people in Gaza through their policy of collective punishment.

Alternatively call Channel 4 television on 020 7306 8333 and make your comments.

Comments made by Jon Snow in the interview:

“You (Israel) cut of the water…fuel...electricity and your starving the hospitals out.â€

â€Rockets are pretty pathetic things really, nobody gets injured, they are homemade…(while) you (Israel) are delivering some of the most sophisticated bombardment which has ever been subjected on a civilian population. Is this not an act of terror?â€

“Bombing the PowerStation - is this not an act of terror?!â€

Be mindful these campaigns are a part of the media jihad. The Quran says

“And strive hard in Allah’s cause as you ought to strive. He has chosen you and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship†(22:78)

and

“Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.†(3:104)

Meanwhile remember to continue and lobby your MP so the plight of the Palestinian people can be brought to light and those who can make a real difference are pressured sufficiently into action.

I found myself cheering for Jon Snow in that interview, not just the questions but the genewine anger in his tone and expression suprised me most.

Am I suffering from lack of focus or lack of compassion??

As I read this post I can’t help asking my self this; can REALLY help or focus on my neighbor’s burning house when my OWN house is burning as well???

Than that’s when I realized the answer to my question is as simple as this.. I can’t help others if I can’t help myself. Same applies 2 helping other nation. It’s a wonderful argument Uthman1 has but let’s face it; all the energy or focus can go 2 helping our country in any sort of form. And inshallah when Somali is as strong as can be than I can think about Palestine and other nation that I can help.

^^^ Well what will you do if ur neighbourhood is on fire, just sit back the fire also overwhelms u own house or help the rest to put the fire out before it spreads.

Ours is mainly of demostic issue which will die out after everyone has had enuuf

Originally posted by SupremeSacrificeSister:

As I read this post I can’t help asking my self this; can REALLY help or focus on my neighbor’s burning house when my OWN house is burning as well???

Than that’s when I realized the answer to my question is as simple as this.. I can’t help others if I can’t help myself. Same applies 2 helping other nation. It’s a wonderful argument Uthman1 has but let’s face it; all the energy or focus can go 2 helping our country in any sort of form. And inshallah when Somali is as strong as can be than I can think about Palestine and other nation that I can help.

Sister in our country people putting their clans before anything else, so some people in somewhere are saying my clan the kings of nowhere must ensalve the masses in meel heblaayo, you can call it tribal ego trip to hell, ain't taking that ride sister, i rather shout for palestinians in case of help.

Originally posted by Hizb_UK:

^^^ Well what will you do if ur neighbourhood is on fire, just sit back the fire also overwhelms u own house or help the rest to put the fire out before it spreads.

Ours is mainly of demostic issue which will die out after everyone has had enuuf

No brother u misunderstood my point.. im all up 4 helping others However it starts with my own house 1st than i can move on 2 the next one with clear focus and better energy!!! That’s all im saying.

As 4 our issue only being domestic one, i highly doubt that’s the only issue we are facing.so lets be realistic and focus on our issues b4 we can help others..

Uthman1   

Asalamu Alaykum,

We need to get active brothers and sisters and not get into endless debates. The topic is Help Palestine. I have not favoured the Palestinian people over the Somali people, we are all from one ummah and if one part of us feel pain the rest will also feel the pain. We should help Somalia as well by lobbying these media organisations especially BBC since we pay our hard earned money to them every year.

As well as Ibtisan said we should support those that are helping the cause of the Palestinians as well such as Jon Snow and others and lobby our MPs. There is more lobbying going on by the Jews than the muslims even though its we who are getting attacked on a daily basis. What would it hurt if you sent a simple letter to the BBC complains site expressing your views or lobbying your MP that gets paid essentially to be of your service?

We shouldnt always blame and say oh the Zionist are so evil, the media is so biased, the west is against muslims and sleep on it. I urge you all to be more productive than that and abide by the teachings of the Holy Quran when it says:

“Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.†(3:104)

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by SupremeSacrificeSister:

Neither i would say,..

Your house will burn a lot fast if the neighbour’s house is on fire too. Would it be better to tackle one house at a time? That way your focus and energy is maximumised. You must know that the united is always stronger, have a bigger voice, and accounted for. Few groups/ Muslim nations working against each other or in different directions, rarely affect anyone or change there situation. You seem to have reached this conclusion, but prioritised differently. Why should you help Palestine instead of Somalia. Let me break it down for you. Somali's have never suffered under the hands foreign occupation as much as Palestine have (even in colonial times, we got off lightly then the rest). Today Somali civilians in somalia live in safe conditions than Palestinians (even accounting for the tribal/ religious war outbreaks) The difference in weapons alone is mind-blowing. So in my opinion Somalia is already in a better condition or strong as you say. Somalia has no one to blame but themselves, there is no outsider that is currently beating them down (even Ethiopia and American forces are employed and called upon by our warlords, who are inviting them in). The only empowerment we need is Somalia is to get rid of the self seeking warlords. Palestine problems are bigger that that, much bigger, and they need all the help they can get to over come it. Lastly I don’t see Masjidal Aqsa in Somalia, but I see it in Palestine.

Firstly you can only help yourself by the will of Allah and through his help, however Allah helps those that help others and are compassionate. What makes you or us shall I say (Somali’s) deserving of Allah’s help and mercy, if neither help nor have mercy on suffering people.

Last but not least... how do you determine when Somalia is strong enough, do you mean a superpower, a regional power, a stable country. You have to remember that each of us only has a limited time on earth; many of us may not see Somalia or Palestine in a better condition, let alone prioritise them so that we help one at a time. It is more beneficial to both and you as an individual to help them both to the best of your ability, Allah will never burden your soul with deeds you can’t fulfil.

In any case whether it be Somalia or Palestine, you need constructive solutions and suggestions. You have been given a suggestion (e-mail BBC/ MP) which takes about 20min at most, which does not take anything away from what you may do for Somali. You have chosen not to do it, not only that but you post a response to pacify the rest of the readers. I don’t get that, you won’t help, and encourage others to focus their attention on Somalia, although the act does not take anything away from Somalia. :confused: Secondly you give no suggestions to what people should do for somalia right now, instead of sending that e-mail.

cheers :cool: