Sign in to follow this  
Viking

What next Ayan? - Well, I wanna be a neocon!

Viking   

Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali-born Dutch politician known for her criticism of Islam, will leave parliament and move to the United States after admitting she lied to win asylum in the Netherlands, media reported today.

worldHirsiAli16052006.jpg

Ms Hirsi Ali, 36, sought asylum in the Netherlands in 1992, claiming to be escaping from an arranged marriage. She gained Dutch citizenship in 1997 and was elected to parliament in 2003.

A storm erupted about her asylum application last week after a Dutch television documentary interviewed members of her family about her background. They said she had not been forced into an arranged marriage and had had nothing to fear.

Asked whether she had falsified her asylum application, Ms Hirsi Ali told the programme she lied about her name, age and how she came to the Netherlands. The programme prompted calls for her to leave parliament and even be stripped of citizenship. The lawmaker came to international prominence in 2004 when an Islamic militant killed filmmaker Theo van Gogh after he directed a film she wrote accusing Islam of suppressing women.

Ms Hirsi Ali’s office declined to comment on the report, but said she planned to address a news conference today.

The Volkskrant newspaper said today that Ms Hirsi Ali, a member of the VVD liberals that are part of the centre-right government, would start working for the American Enterprise Institute in September after reaching a deal with US authorities about her security.

The paper said Ms Hirsi Ali had been in negotiations with two other institutes, the Johns Hopkins University and the Brookings Institution, over the past months.

She went into hiding after Van Gogh’s killing and only returned to parliament several months later. She still lives under heavy guard.

Ms Hirsi Ali, whose real name is Hirsi Magan, pretended she had come to the Netherlands from Somalia, rather than via Kenya and Germany. Refugees are usually required to apply for asylum in the first safe country they reach after fleeing.

Immigration Minister Rita Verdonk, vying to be the VVD’s lead candidate in the 2007 general election, said on Saturday she would launch an investigation into Ms Hirsi Ali’s citizenship.

Immigration has been a hot topic since 2002 when the outspoken Pim Fortuyn hit the headlines with his anti-immigration rhetoric. He was killed by an animal rights activist later that year but mainstream politicians have since taken up his ideas. (Reuters)

Source

What goes up must come down, or was it,

What goes around comes around.

Either way, I think if it is, in fact

a true statement that she had been

Through such hardships in her life,

Than she has nothing to fear, but falsely

To gain political

attention or sympathy from the Dutch

Citizens by bringing such allegations against

Islam and Somalis way of life, than she has a lot to fear.

"You reap what you sew" or "Reap What you sow".

Jacpher   

Here's the article.

Dutch lawmaker in asylum row to move to US

By Niclas Mika

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a Somali-born Dutch politician known for her outspoken criticism of Islam, plans to leave parliament and move to the United States after admitting she lied to win asylum in the Netherlands.

Hirsi Ali, 36, sought asylum in the Netherlands in 1992, claiming to be escaping from an arranged marriage. She gained Dutch citizenship in 1997 and was elected to parliament in 2003.

A storm erupted about her asylum application last week after a Dutch television documentary interviewed members of her family about her background. They said she had not been forced into an arranged marriage and had had nothing to fear.

Asked whether she had falsified her asylum application, Hirsi Ali told the program she lied about her name, age and how she came to the Netherlands, prompting calls for her to leave parliament.

Immigration Minister Rita Verdonk said on Monday that Hirsi Ali's naturalization had likely been invalid.

"I have told the person concerned by letter that based on this program and the facts as they are known, the preliminary assumption must be that she is considered not to have obtained Dutch citizenship," Verdonk said in a written reply to questions from a member of parliament.

The lawmaker will have six weeks to respond to the letter from Verdonk, who is vying to be the lead candidate in the 2007 general election of the VVD liberals, also the party of Hirsi Ali.

Dutch public broadcaster NOS said doubt over her citizenship could complicate Hirsi Ali's plans to move to the United States.

Hirsi Ali came to international prominence in 2004 when an Islamic militant killed filmmaker Theo van Gogh after he directed a film she wrote accusing Islam of suppressing women.

Hirsi Ali's office declined to comment on reports in the Dutch media on Monday that she was leaving, but said she planned to address a news conference on Tuesday.

"I think it is a painful loss both for Dutch society and for politics that Ayaan leaves parliament," said Jozias van Aartsen, a former parliamentary leader of the VVD, which is part of the center-right government.

"I think it says something about the state of the country: overly sensitive and provincial," Van Aartsen told Dutch radio.

"People always complain about gray parliamentarians, a parliament that seldomly voices its opinion. Here we have somebody who did that ... and then we have trouble dealing with it as well."

SECURITY RISK

The Volkskrant newspaper said Hirsi Ali would start working for the conservative
American Enterprise Institute
in September after reaching a deal with U.S. authorities about her security.

The paper said Hirsi Ali had also been in negotiations with two other institutes, the Johns Hopkins University and the Brookings Institution, over the past months.

Dutch Radio 1 said the move had been planned for some time, but was brought forward because Hirsi Ali has to leave her heavily guarded home in August after a court ruled she must move because neighbors had complained of the security risk.

She went into hiding after Van Gogh's killing due to death threats and only returned to parliament months later.

Hirsi Ali, whose real name is Hirsi Magan, pretended she had come to the Netherlands from Somalia, rather than via Kenya and Germany. Refugees are usually required to apply for asylum in the first safe country they reach after fleeing.

Immigration has been a hot topic since 2002 when populist Pim Fortuyn said the country could not absorb more foreigners. He was killed by an animal rights activist later that year but mainstream politicians have since taken up his ideas.

Source

how come that people are happy that she's leaving holland??

i rather have her in a shitty little country like holland where i can't hear her or see her

now just wait and see in few months i will see her ugly face in TIME and on the couch of jay leno and oprah

it's the duty of a somali woman that she kills ayaan hirsi

no matter what!

Viking   

Originally posted by THE EMPEROR:

it's the duty of a somali woman that she kills ayaan hirsi

no matter what!

It is the work of a court and a judge working under the Shari'a system. What you are calling for is unlawful bro.

ElPunto   

Unbeleivable! I can't believe that the AEI gave her a post - and this breaks on the night that Bush is giving a speech about 'illegal aliens' and 'queue jumpers' etc.

Gabbal   

How an avowed polarizing liberal who has risen on an anti-organized religion platform expects to survive in a conservative, religious, anti-gay, anti-abortion think tank is beyond me. All I have to say is it will be extrememly amusing to see when Ms. Hersi Magan realizes sharing a mutual hatred of Islam with the AEA will not be the only think that will keep her employed. :D

AYAN AYAN AYAN!!!WOW!!!

You sure are something. My god, walaahi i am totally shocked.

She lied, eh! Well she looks like a great lier. What can i say now, she is moving to the U.S.

The U.S the country of pure liers.

I wonder why she is going to America?

Originally posted by lander_girl04:

AYAN AYAN AYAN!!!WOW!!!

You sure are something. My god, walaahi i am totally shocked.

She lied, eh! Well she looks like a great lier. What can i say now, she is moving to the U.S.

The U.S the country of pure liers.

I wonder why she is going to America?

They want to use her against Islam walaal, and for Misinformation, slur and vilifyication against Muslims, and their faith.

There was a hadith from the prophet(SCW) saying: "Man tatabaca Cawaraatul Muslimiin, Tatabac Allahu Cawraatihi wa fadaxahu fii caqri daarihi" haye "qofka muslimka cawaradiisa daba gala Ilahayna cawradiisa ayuu dabagalaa waxaanu ku dhex fadeexadeeya gurigiisa dhexdiisa"

Amazing Hadith walaahi, it's all in here infront of our eyes, she was exposed in the middle of her house/parliment.

So she is going to america to tell more lies.

Maf Kees   

Well the situation has changed a little bit over the past few days. Her Dutch citizenship and membership of the Dutch parliament have been officially stripped from her. She has 6 weeks to appeal against those decisions by the Dutch government. In the meanwhile, the American Enterprise Institute has been expecting to take a Dutch parliamentarian under their wings. Now that this is not the case, the AEI might even terminate the contract with AHA. Not even touching the fact that the AEI is not the place for AHA.

The majority here in the Netherlands think that she should be deported, which is obviously going to be the case. The Dutch have reviewed the Somali judicial system and it says that a Somali automatically loses it's Somali passport when he or she obtains another nationality. Since she as Ayaan Hirsi Magan and not Ayaan Hirsi Ali never received the Dutch citizenship, she is by nationality a Somali citizen. She may be granted a Laisser-Faire document with the sole purpose to enter the US, but problems on the side of the Americans are almost guaranteed with these new developments. And returning her to Somalia is obviously not an option after her foolish statements about Islam. But Kenya could suffice.

Because she committed idenitity fraude, a very serious offense, she technically risks a 6 years prison sentence. But that's not going to be the case. What is going to happen is that she'll have to pay back her salaries and additional costs as an MP (to give you an idea how much - a Dutch MP costs the state 12.000 EURO per month, roughly 10.000 dollars), she'll have to pay back the government funds for her disgusting books and films and she'll have to pay for the expensive security she enjoyed since the assasination of Theo van Gogh, which was her fault.

Her private life was allready destroyed because of herself, but now her credibility is like sub zero.

PS: Man she's ugly!

Castro   

Could all this hate of AHA be due to her reminding Somalis of themselves? Even a little? Like it's looking in the mirror? Though not entirely undeserved, there just seems to be an extra dose of vitriol being hurled in her direction. Not even warlords in Muqdisho get multiple, individualized and multimedia topics like AHA does on SOL? What if AHA was Ahmed Hirsi Ali? Anyone stop to examine that?

Just a thought.

P.S. As LePoint accurately pointed out, the US and the AEI will not embarass themselves by putting the national guard on the US-Mexican border and having AHA (a self-confessed queue-jumper and fraudster) do the talkshow circuit here in DC. It's just not gonna happen. She's headed to Buulo Xuubay or whereever she came from originally.