Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

More Working Moms Sending Sick Children To School For Fear Of Losing Jobs

Malika   

Originally posted by Baashi:

Doable but extremely difficult and challenging. I'm sure ya all understand the kinda sacrifices ya have to be willing to make in order to have it all.

^^^I dont believe having to work and being a mother is a sacrifices at all,quite contrary,to me its about being alive,living and participating in the process of being alive!

The ups and downs of life,makes it worth while dont ya think so?

No disrespect to Aaliyah, but I described her the best when I posted the Cartoon image of a girl sweeping her living-room with a broom and having a good ole time doing it.

Aaliyah was born to be a housewife. Watch out Rahima, she might hurt you with that big ole broom of hers.

Aaliyyah   

Nothing is wrong with being a housewife if it means u'r taking care of yr husband n kids. people make it seem being a housewife as something horrible, it is your duty as a wife.It all depends how u define that term.

Anyhow, I never said anything abt being a housewife all your life, bt till your kids reach school age, sounds fair to me. ;)

wa salaamu alaikum

Cara.   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

Soo tan gabdhihii timaha iska rifeen, Naa isdaaya!

Men have discussions. Women have tiffs.

Aaliyyah   

I'm quiet intrigued, how do you define ‘housewife’?

Rahima, it is quite self explanatroy.However, nowadays lota people would be insulted, if you were to ask them if they are willing to become a houswife. Honestly, they are just being ignorant.

Look at every culture, whether they are white, black, chinese, women stay at home to take care of their kids. there is nothing wrong with puting your career on hold for few years so you can take care of your young kids.

wa salaamu alaikum

-Lily-   

I think what Aaliya is trying to say is that the term 'housewife' has been given negative connotations to the extend that it’s almost a swear word or it denotes a sense of laziness, lack of ambition or failure. As we all know, it's a difficult job and these connotations are false.

ElPunto   

^You ladies are not liberated. You're still shackled. You're in the West - drop that nonsense. The idea that housewife can have any positive connotations!! :D:D:D

Originally posted by -Lily-:

I think what Aaliya is trying to say is that the term 'housewife' has been given negative connotations to the extend that it’s almost a swear word or it denotes a sense of laziness, lack of ambition or failure. As we all know, it's a difficult job and these connotations are false.

Being a (Weired)Guy,I have a completely different(weired) picture on the term housewife. Eva Longoria,anyone? :confused:

Ariadne   

^^ too much desparte house wives really!

I am with the I think women just need to learn how to support other women's choices.

Wellcome back dd.. That’s me welcoming back my self, it s been a year and halve

Girls sis, mum, wives and etc.

Now its the time you (ladies) appreciate what we men do for you so, you can have decent life .Not only do we work to provide your rice but to look after you as whole physically, mentally as well as financial. Can you imagine how hard it’s to make your wives happy and take them out after you work 8 hours may be not wives but one wife in here equivalent 10 in back home.

Somalis says (soo joogsan weyde soo jifsan doonte) we keep telling you that you can’t work and have kids at a same time but what did we get in return. Well nothing you call us control freaks and names.

I am glad that you finally realize women can cock and talk on the phone but can’t work and raise child up to a high standard. Now I am appealing to all the smart ladies to stick what they know the best. Cocking, cleaning and looking after the bunnies.

Nothing personal ladies.