Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

More Working Moms Sending Sick Children To School For Fear Of Losing Jobs

Pujah   

This is one of the reasons why women need to wait to get married or at least wait until they are self sufficient before having kids. I don’t know if you noticed but most of these women have low paying jobs with barely any benefits let alone sick days. It is really sad what some moms have to go through just to keep bread on the table.

Faheema.   

I feel for kids today, I was reading This on my way home from work, makes you wonder about the style of parenting in todays society :confused:

Malika   

There is no winning for women eey? Changes of gender roles, family structures has a huge impact on day to day tasks of raising children.

Can women afford to wait untill they have better paid jobs or are in better positions to have kids,unfortunately biologicaly we dont have that luxury..and its not for all to be high flying executives.Some folks learning is difficult,making ends meet which every way is applauble....Lets not kick them while they are down there.

Being a working mother is the greatest challenge,heck being a parent is the greatest challenge one will ever face.Unfortunately we find ourselves without extended families to help us raise the children,we depend on after school clubs,activity clubs etc.

The african saying, a child is raised by a community doesnt happen here,its you and your child by yourselves...it can be hard believe you me!

There is nothing worse then that constant guilt trip mothers take,we worry if our children have eaten enough,if they had enough sleep,if their happy,sick,learning well etc etc...Working mothers do need more support,not condemnation of anysort,laws should be passed where mothers are given special leave of absence if their child in unwell...thats why I opted to work for the local goverment..I get at least 5 days on top of my holidays for occasions when my daughter is not well.

Praise the mothers!!

Baashi   

On the other side of the coin.

I don't get to see my guns for about 56 days straight. I spend about 18 days with them each time and off I go. You gotta do what ya gotta do in oder to to put food on the table and make a decent life for them. Nevertheless one has to balance work with quality time iwth loved ones. Parenting is a headache I tell ya...ya hear me not easy thing to manage fellaz...it comes with humongoues responsibilities.

Haneefah   

^That's exactly what scares me most about parenthood, though I am looking very much forward to becoming a mother some day Insha'Allah (hopefully not too far).

Coincidently, I was having a conversation with my sister-in-law about motherhood earlier today, and she was telling me how terrible she feels at times after her patience runs out with the twin boys and a newborn baby boy. This is a mother who has stopped her great career to raise her kids and does everything in her best capacity to make sure they get an amazing upbringing. I have seen-over the past couple of days they were with us-what an incredible mother she is, but still, I was startled to discover that she somehow felt she was falling short in some way or another. I thought to myself, if stay-at-home mothers can feel guilty and over-burdened at times, what about mothers who try to juggle both parenting and careers? How distressful and excruciatingly overwhelming must it be for them? It really worries me...

Walahi, It takes an enormous amount of energy and dedication to be a mother as is, thus society must cut them some slack and give them all the support and encouragement possible.

-Lily-   

I just think sometimes if the juggling gets too much you'll need to be prepared to drop some balls,there are things you simply cannot compromise on.

Abyan   

I really admire the single mothers that work to put bread on the table for their kids and while also trying to be a mother the little time she is not at work, and on the weekends making sure they have qurans classes.

But i dont understand the mothers that want to go to work given the opportunity to be at home with their kids while their husbands work and provide for their family.

Foxy   

Hear hear for all the single mothers, working mother, and even for the accidental mothers as its a full time and half for being a mother alone for doing two tasks at once.

Its a total nightmare for lookin after those little creatures.....so for all the mothers out there.........we are undoubtly ever thankfull for being out there for your un conditional love you have put out there....

Keep up the good work... we are ever greatfull

cheers

Blessed   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

A guilt-trip of a topic.

Oh? I'm actually impressed that this article has flipped the coin on this subject for once. I didn't read your perceived dig on working mothers but a critique of a heartless society and politicians.

The Scandinavian countries have the most impressive family friendly policies on earth. I wish more governments followed suit.

Haneefah

How are you xabiibty?

Parenting is scary because children are so delicate but I guess if you give it your utmost best, Allah will take care of inta kale. You should get your sister in law a copy of Mohammed Shareef's Driving your Childs's future. It's in e-book form and masha Allah. It's so good that I ended up writing him a 10k 'thank you' email. He does in that book what he does best, make Implementing Islamic teachings on the subject as simple as 1, 2, 3. :cool: I highly recommend it. smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

As a mother, I feel bad for babies, when I see them getting dragged to day care...

Once my maternity ended (it was one year), I just couldn't bare the idea of being away from my baby for one hour let alone eight hours...It just wasn't worth it for me...So for now I am staying home, until I'm ready to let her go a little bit...

I feel if the father earns enough to support the family, the mother should stay home, at least at the early stages of the child...Cuz those first few years are the most important...

I really feel for single mothers...More power to you...