Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

TOUR OF THE GREATEST CITY-TORONTO

shyhem   

The closest i ever been to Toronto was Michigan,that's when we did a unconditional tour and a u turn to the long bridge and i can't remember what's the name.

The next think i knew the Canadian guy was asking about papers and we give him a state Id and damn they taught a lesson ,they told us state ID is just a picture ID,and we need a paper that shows u'r immigration or whatever status.They ask us stupid question like is this u'r car,and how come u had no intention of going to Canada and yet u crossed the bridge.I mean how the hell are we supposed to know where the boarder ends,we don't live Detroite.

All i can say is that Detroite is a dirty ugly city and Canada well i say ask me about legal status next time u see me near u'r boarder,i ain't going north of my city no more.I guess it won't hurt if i head southwards.

Iffah   

Originally posted by Section6er:

i noticed that toronto people here are from the west and i know why cuz east toronto people are never in the house always out and about.

6er...Are you implying that those of us from the West here are all nerds? LOL- Maybe it's because we can manage our time better icon_razz.gif

Buubto, insha allah sis.

Shyhem.. well at least you weren't really anxious to cross that border, so he didn't really crush your spirits. I know of this family who drove 4 hrs to Windsor and were sent back from the border...

Kool_Kat   

Shyhem, I must say out all the posts you posted this, by faaaarrrrrrrrrrr, is the funnies...Showing Stated ID at the border,loooooooooooool...I can't even laugh enough...Didn't you know in order to cross to another country, you'll need a proof of your immigration Status...I guess you don't travel much, I mean out side of where ever you reside...

I agree with you, I think you should heas South, just make sure you don't cross a border if there one in the South...loooooooooooooolllllllllll

Senora   

I know this topics about three months old...but i guess i just wanted to point out that i really enjoyed my stay in Toronto....especially the weather...yeah i know some of you are like WHAT! :eek: ...well i grew up in chicago so im used to the snow and the 20-30 degree below zero weather....and even thought atlanta isnt all that bad of a city, i still miss the snow ball fighting and the snow angels :( ...but anyways, the reason i brought this topic back up was, im going to Toronto for the carribanna festival, and im wondering if the city's thinking about postponing it b/c of the whole SAR's thing...im getting tired of hearing all these different stories about them "still having it" or" the whole SARS thing is freaking ppl out and they might cancel the carribanna thing this year"...so if anyone knows the answer to this, let me know, so i dont waste my time and money.....

2real   

shyhem, you're talking about the Ambassador bridge? LOL! I cross that bridge every damn day to go to work. Next time you're trying to sneak into canada just mention my name "2real" and they'll hook you up. I'm a scarbarian maself. An eastsider. Eventhough they renamed Scarborough as Sarsborough these dayz....me no like dat!

koolkat my cuz lives in driftwood. i also used to kick at albion and finch.

hey i wuz just at driftwood yesterday i love that place. Never lived in scarborough i always lived in the west.

Eglinton west, Jane st, Lawrence ave, Finch west, N of course WESTON RD. And downtown is just dope period.

I LOVE THIS CITY

Kool_Kat   

Everyone who's planning to come down to Tdot is Welcome...We're alwayz happy to see new nomads around...

SimpleWoman, I used live in the Jane and Finch area, but I am now reppin' my new block Weston and Lawrance (go figure)...Holliwood, as our ppl say it...

Toronto is still the best of the best, regardless of this Sars outbreak...Ohhh well, anaga daacuun aa Soomaliya ku qabnay...looooooooooool...

Holliwood, as our ppl say it...

lool OMG i pass by that area every single day.. yo those buildings are beautiful walahi..I probably every single day, or i've probably seen u before lol. Hey i just found these pics of the woods on the humber river, i know that river is extremly dirty n ugly but it brings back sooo much memories.. cuz i remember we used to hang around those woods every weekend when i was little

15.jpg

i remember one day my friends all crossed to the other side of the river.. n i tried but i fell rite in... its reallly shallow though. It was this exact spot too

8.jpg

I remember the first time i saw this mini water fall was like back in 2000... i was surprised when i saw it becuz the river is soo nasty n ugly but the waterfall looks really nice.. its right behind the scarlet woods

awww... soo much memories

kool_kat thanks 4 starting this topic

OG Moti   

hmmmmmmm ISNT IT TORONTO the city WHERE first case of SARs appeared, i read article that says the origin of SARs is in a small town inside Torono area...? I hope u all be ok, becarefull Somali people in torono, eat well and keep away from any sespecious people.... good luck peace

P.S. nice pictures..by the way...

Thnx for the pics Kool_kat. I've lived in Toronto for about 6 years and that is a beautiful city. And I know the weather. trust me I live in Minnesota. I should have moved to somewhere warmer after I moved.Thnx again. smile.gif

Ariadne   

I can't beleive people are still scared away by SARS! :eek:

heres some reassurance for the people coming for caribana to Toronto you have a better chance of being struck by lightning (I hope that helped)

Kool_Kat   

OG_Moti, the article you read must be written my Asians...Cuz that's where SARS started...China, not Toronto...

For those who lived in Tdot and moved, trust me been there done that...But I am right back here in Toronto...I just couldn't stay away from those beautiful memories...Since I can't go back to Somalia, I thought my adopted country is the second best...