Sign in to follow this  
Asxabul_kahf

The Best Muslim Country to live in?

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

intersting, most definetly the UK,

you can practice in peace with the safe knowledge that the state has no power to interfere with your faith while it doshes out to pay for your lifestyle

CaanoGeel,

That was before 7/7,the reality on the ground is different now, people get abused infront of the TV camera nowadays, there is a great deal of islamophobia here. in fact since 9/11 fear or intolerance of Muslims because of their religion was increasing to great heights.

Originally posted by Sharmarkee:

That was before 7/7,the reality on the ground is different now, people get abused infront of the TV camera nowadays, there is a great deal of islamophobia here. in fact since 9/11 fear or intolerance of Muslims because of their religion was increasing to great heights.

True that the situation is not as comfortable as before 7/7, but i am not sure what we should expect... after all the attacks were perpetuated under the guise of religious objections.

Now whats interesting i think is how the nation deals with attacks. working in very close proximity to three of the bomb sites, and carrying a hefty bag day in day out - though I've seen the heavy police presence - I'm yet to be stopped.

with regard to the islamaphopia, yes i think is very worrying, however, i don't think this is something new, i.e. daily mail reads were always just that, the attacks just gave them the cause to speak louder and the courage to throw rocks thru windows.

However what i think is more interesting is the reaction of the ordinary citizen. I have met many a surprising reactions from very different people. I am yet to meet a person that condones the attacks, muslim or otherwise. but the conversation that sticks out most is one that i had with a local greasy spoon's cafe owner (for non-uk ppl this is a very, very working mans cafe, were men are men, coffee's are instant and food is deep fried within a millimetre of being classified a heart attack on a plate) and he was telling me how we could expect to be surprised when we go around cluster bombing people living in own homes.

Believe me this is the last view you'd expect from such urrmm manly men...

There is a big debate happening now about the role of citizenship and loyalty i.e. does being muslim affect your loyalty to your nation. MP's are discussing adopting Americanism like signing the praise of the country at school to instill patriotsim in the youth .. but lord forbid, I'd hate it to turn out like the US where you wear your patriotism on your sleeve and live with such segregataion...

anyhow the undertone of my earlier post was 'i don't much care, so long as there is clear and visible seperation between state and religion'

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

who is Rahima? The Mod?

It says you're the person the 'edited' my post, that must mean you're the Mod. Why did you delete it? :mad:

I changed my mind. These are nominations...no music please:

Canada

USA

Western Europe (ex Germany, England, France, Sweden...)

Somalia/land (move up when there is peace and normalcy)

Rahima   

Why did you delete it?

Because it was rude and inappropriate.

The similes were distasteful to say the least.

I’m sure you know that ;) .