Sign in to follow this  
Asxabul_kahf

The Best Muslim Country to live in?

Kashafa   

Asxabul Kahf,

I've been to both the UAE and Saudi and am speaking from experience. Like you said, Saudi has too many restrictions. For every step you make, you gotta get a 'permission' paper from your 'kafeel'(sponsor). They take bucreatic red-tape to new heights. Wanna marry ? get a 'no objection' letter. Wanna travel from Makkah to Madeenah ? , get a 'travel permission' slip. Hajj, huh ? a whole rack of documentation, sir. You get the picture. If you can stomach all that, with the occaisional human-rights violation, then of course the enviroment is to kill for.

UAE, on the other hand, is a smooth ride. Easy to get into( 30 day reneweable Visa@entry), and easy to stay in. Not so sure about the job market so it's best if u arrive with a job in hand. Search the international ads, there's always something out for bilingual professional Western Muslims. Islamically, the enviroment varies from Emirate to Emirate, with Shariqah/Ajman being the most conservative.

Dee waa ku kaas, nooh. Good Luck.

[ October 05, 2005, 08:07: Message edited by: Rahima ]

Fanisha   

I would suggest you go to Somaliland, there is no war, no land mines 100% Muslim and you can practice your religion how ever way you want. I have been there 4 months ago and it is the safest place to be.

Peace

Baluug   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

None.

Not surprised.

As for me,ideally,Somalia would be the best place to live,but that doesn't seem like a possibility for a while insha Allah.

Armz_23   

*****eykum Salaam wr wb brother Kahf, ramadaam kariim to you and the rest of the SOL members. May allah strengthen our weak heart, aamiin.

The best muslim country to live in?

this is an excellent question that does not have a single answers to give brother.As we are all aware there are many countries out there that do follow the shariah-law, but each and every one of them has their own system to Pursue, whether is to do with strict immigration laws nor as any other mather. the whole purpose is that you want a country where you feel freely (so-called democracy), and you can blend with your fellow brothers and sisters, and entire vibe/mood is right, then i sugest you can select the following country:

If for instance you have an idea of living a place where life is Comparable to western world, but in a muslim country, then i would sugest you pack your bag to UAE or Egypt. On the other hand, if you are more into devoted environment,where grass are greener for deen wise, then i would personally advice you to go to YEMEN.

Somalia: At the moment,it is out of the equation brother.

Note:: In UAE-you bound to find them tight *** -jeans walking down the high-way.

Kashafa   

we are all aware there are many countries out there that do follow the shariah-law

Name one besides Saudi(and even there it's on a face-value basis). Fact of the matter is there's no ideal Islamic Society anywhere, you gotta make-do with what u got.

Raxmah   

Malaysia- I have friend who is there now for the month of Ramadan. Heard many great things about it.

Indonesia- If I could pick a country it would definitely be it.

Pakistan- If you want to learn about Islam and become hafid, no better place to go. My nephew became a hafid in less than a year.

Again anywhere where I could hear the adhan five times a day, would me make happy.

^^^Good and valid points walaal Raxmah. South-East Asia and muslim countries like Malaysia and Indonesia are good choice's.

They've vibrant economies and also a society of consumers.

BTW if you've an American passport no-one will hasle you, in fact you can live wherever you like.

The problem with the majority of us Somalis who immigrate to countries like Saudi is that we don't have adequate bodies that can represemt is and ensure that we're treated well.

I've friends who are dutch, canadian, australian and american citiezen and sadly the saudis seem to have a great deal of respect for them but the guy next to them with an old somali, yemani or afghani passport is treated really badly.

Is something incomprehendable that you would respect the citiezens of a kaafir country than your immediate citiezens of your neighbour muslim countries.

So If you've an American passport no one will even look at you or even touch you in that matter.

BTW inshallah Iam not going to plan any more countries to settle too because we can't be "refugees" all the time.

I'am amazed at the different lists put up by people.

Awal ba la yiri: Sharaf waxaad ku leedahay dalkaagii iyo dadkaagii, Haybadna waxaad ku leedahay dalkaagii hooyo.

There is no place like home. For how long can we Somalis stay the laughing stock of the world. You here stories about some nomads dying of thirst in the border area of Malawi and Mozambique.

Our country desperate needs investment, people with money who can help and benefit the local people.

I have got a great dislike of people who believe that it's somehow o.k. to live in the worst countries on the universe but when you suggest their home country to them they say no.

Somalia is more entrprenteunaral and technological advanced than some of the countries mentioned like Yemen. The yemenis leave their countries in their thousands only to be workers in oil rich neighbourly states of Saudi, UAE and the rest of the khaleej.

My focus is to go back home as soon as possible inshallah. There is no other place I'd rather feel more comfortable, Long live Somalia.

Salaam,

Brother Yonis & the rest.

in Gulf states the message is - keep your western passport upfront and you can have a pious, and comfortable lifestyle in our countries, you can even buy a house over there without effort.

I was in Uae last Ramadan and belive me, they let any other nationality but not a Somali Citizen, a humilation par excellence, and all the gulf countries are same in this sad policy, this is the countries which we used to have a long traditional trade and religious ties for centuries. someone may say - respect yourselfs then expect others to respect you,true in that sense, always when the camel fells knives comes out!

If Somalis pick up the pieces once again and become a tangible entity or respectable country I think we have to re-visit that relationship may be Severe ties to the arabs altogether.

As which best muslim county to live in? - is Ours - Somalia , which ever part, that is where you need to spend your last penny - there will be a reward to it from Allah(SWT), feed your people, and let your people work for you, they deserve effort.

intersting, most definetly the UK,

you can practice in peace with the safe knowledge that the state has no power to interfere with your faith while it doshes out to pay for your lifestyle