Sign in to follow this  
Janna

Why Do Battered Women Stay In Abusive Relationships?

Kruella   

I see what you mean; it’s true that it’s hard to handle everyday failures on your own when you lived a life where someone else made the simplest of decisions for you. However, this argument takes away the responsibility of the guilty party namely the abuser. If you were a woman who was shackled with an abusive partner, who can’t use a penny without writing a financial report, who is punched for hanging the towel on the left rack instead of the right rack, you’ll be singing a different tune. Sad to say but most failure that an abuse woman faces is due to the particular facts of her abusive relationships. The degree of her abuse and the length of her relationship will determine her success rate and her failures.

Again there are numerous multidimensional factors who come to play in the decision making process for women who wish to leave an abusive relationship.

Salam

nafta   

Because they love it.

LOL :D ...Another form of abuse springs to mind here...

But to answer your question Lexy, different women stay in abusive relationships for different reasons. To put them in catagories or justify their reasons for staying would be almost impossible.

kruella

I see your point the abuser in my view is a person lacking self confidence,a coward who was probably bullied in the past who can never shake off his feeling of inequality and has to prove to himself every now and then that he is somebody by bashing his poor partner and the solution for him is to kick his sorry *** to ends of the world.

J.Lee   

Wow. How did I miss this topic. (so far anyway)

Why do battered women stay in Abusive relationship?

It depends abaayo. I can't say I know exactly why they do stay in such a relationship, but I have noticed a pattern(s) concerning abused women. In my Jr. year of High school I used to volunteer at this Shelter for battered women, and the women who stayed there were mostly from broken homes/families. Their relationship with their father (The man whom you judge against all men, aside from the prophet s.c.w of course), if he so hapenned to be in their life was either tumultuous, or nonexistant(The latter being a result of the first).

Also, these women believed these "men" (sorry excuse is more like it) loved them as a result they tended to think they deserved being abused as if they were the ones in the wrong. Sometimes, heck they even believed it. Some women not only stayed in abusive relationships but they only wanted (seeked) a relationship with an abusive man, it was so normal, and it was safe (fear of the unknown?) because it tended to mirror the one their parents had. Sometimes they stay because of their Kids.

Their reasons are like a boundary that is boundless.

Nazra   

The feelings are still there but the person has changed, so they stay.

I think!

You'd have to be in a abused relationship to answer that.

Bess.   

Have any of u thought...that they are afraid...as bad and as horrible these men might be ...there might be someone more terrible out there...â€the devil u know ...†and all that ...

besides its a conditioned behavior....they relay on the abuse of these men to mean that they r thinking of them and paying attention to them....and at some point they start believing that the abuse is deserved as they are being punished for doing something wrong and the abuser is doing it for their own good...its quite a dilemma...and its sad and tragic...how some men take advantage of these poor and vulnerable women who need help....and practically enslave them...with their fists….

:(

QANCIYE   

Well i dont' have any experience but me think most of them do stay due being involved wit that person too deep and no exist is close so they would rather start work things out then start another one from scratch.

some may luv them soooooooo much they tend to forget what happened few hours ago as bad as it might have been. I dont' believe the crab cuz they r affarid etc.

am out

Janna   

A sociological answer would be these women are afraid to be by themselves and having to support themselves.