Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Looking for Somali Folklore books like cigaal shidaad....

Anyone know where I can find them? I have never had the chance to read this stories that seem to interest me so much. If anyone knows where I can find them or buy them for that matter, please do let me know....

Assalamu Alaikum

Sheekoy sheeko

Sheeko xariir ah

Shilinbaa dhuustay

Geeday sheegtay

Geedihiina riyaa daaqay

Riyihiina danberbay dhiiqeen

Danberkiina habarbaa fuudday

Habartiina gorgorbaa hiigay

Gorgorkiina duumaa xaaqday

:D Quantum Leap Check these out bro (hope it helps smile.gif )

1. Cigaal Shidaad + Others

P.S. Check out the top sellers and the different categories. Not only stories of Cigaal Shidaad but many, many others (including queen carewelo ;):D ). Best site I have seen so far.

2.Cigaal Shidaad-Part two

------

Brother QL...These are not the stories your looking for I believe...but they are Classic english tales translated to somali..It might interest someone (ex. If your trying to each youngers the language these would help)

3.Stories

Salma   

Originally posted by Femme_Fatale:

Assalamu Alaikum

Sheekoy sheeko

Sheeko xariir ah

Shilinbaa dhuustay

Geeday sheegtay

Geedihiina riyaa daaqay

Riyihiina danberbay dhiiqeen

Danberkiina habarbaa fuudday

Habartiina gorgorbaa hiigay

Gorgorkiina duumaa xaaqday

Allaaah, FF, I remembered the old days when we were innocent and cute children.

eh Golden Years :rolleyes:

PS: Og Girl: Ahdeelech hal e'3neyah "Sheekoy SHeeko" bemonasabat 1st December, 2004 LOL

Salam

Intel   

From FF's

Cigaal Shidaad iyo Waraabe

Bari baa Cigaal oo xayn adhi ah meel ku haysta uu dhibey waraabe. Habeen kasta waraabahaasi wuxuu u soo dhici jirey adhiga oo neef ka qaadi jirey. <http://www.somalitribune.com/sawiro/dhurw aa.jpg> Habeen habeenada ka mid ah ayuu cigaal nagtiisa ku yidhi naa adhigaan u seexanayaa oo waraabaha ka celinyaa ee guriga seexda adiga iyo ciyaalku. Naagtii waxay ugu jawaabtey ‘War aqalka seexo ciyaalkaad rabtaa inaad ku tumatid waraabe aad wax ka celisid isma lihidee.’

Cigaal wuxuu ku adkeystey go’aankiisii oo banaanka seexdey.

Xilli saq badhkii ah ayuu waraabihii u soo dhacay adhigii markaasuu Cigaalna gurigii ku durduryey. Naagtii wey dareentey in adhigii uu waraabe u soo dhacay, kolkaaseyb tidhi ‘War ma adhigii buu waraabe u soo dhacay.’

Wuxuu ugu jawaabey ‘Hadaa maxaa i erayaya hadaanu waraabe u soo dhicin adhiga.

i haven't heard that one b4.. pretty funny :D

QUANTUM LEAP can't help you Bro

Wiilo   

Originally posted by QUANTUM LEAP:

Anyone know where I can find them? I have never had the chance to read this stories that seem to interest me so much. If anyone knows where I can find them or buy them for that matter, please do let me know....

There is this Mall in Ohio called Global Mall that has Somali (Don't know the name) books, (alots of them) and I think if u order some books they will send you wherever u are..........

Good Luclky:................

Oohh you guys are such alovely bunch....You really have made me happy with the abundant information you have passed on....please keep them coming. And if there are other interesting folklore stories that you think you can either share or tell me where to find that would make this place more interesting. We have to embrace what tickles us and rubs us the best way possible. I would think everyone here smiles while reading this thread. Let this place be the place where you bring on your sense of humour and most of all relax and have agiggle while working or at home.

Thank you all....

cigaalb.jpg Just look at him...alegend ..just the only guy who makes us all laugh.. :D