Sign in to follow this  
Thierry.

The Wire

FatB   

lols @ torres... try downloading hotspot or an equvilent program that hides your ip address, easiest way to get around those "this sight is blocked" messages!

Thierry.   

Bob no doubt The Goodison Park script was one I couldn’t write even if I absorbed Spielberg and Peter Jackson creative mind.

The Wire is by far the best show on tv.

My top three characters from the early seasons

1. Lester Freeman: The intelligent below the radar Detective.

2. Stringer Bell: Played by Londoner Idris Elba the master minder behind Barksdales crew

3. D’Angelo Barksdale: the Kid got morals but was stuck between a rock and a hard place

Thierry.   

Sorry gents forgot to put that in disclaimer, for those watching the show every time you see Omar (what a name he is trying to ruin) fast forward or switch channels.

Omar little is one of the main character of the wire. He plays a major role in the Wire.

In the wire - I am Tom Carcetti. Full of promises yet opportunistic.

Bodie is a legend so is Avon Barksdale.

I like Jim McNulty and Frank Sobatka also.

N.O.R.F   

Well after my last post a Chinese lady knocks on my door a few days later and has a stash of DVDs. Seasons 1-4 of The Wire. Just finished season 4 and wow what a show.

They killed Bodie! Damn! That was harsh!

All the characters are very good and there is some brilliant acting. Loved the western scene between Brother Mouzone and Omar in season 3.

Best characters

Bodie, Omar, Avon, Stringer, Brother Mouzone, Tom Cercetti, Daniels, Freeman, Greggs, Mcnullty, BUNK, Prop Joe, Cutty aka Dennis Wise, Bubbles

Time for season 5 finale.

Thierry.   

^^What did I tell you saxiib this series is the best TV has had for over a decade and season 4 with the school system is the icing on the cake.

I got respect for Bodie he went down like a man.

Chris Paltrow, Marlow Stanfield and Michael Lee are solid characters in season 4 and 5.

N.O.R.F   

^Chris, Marlow and Michael are just cold. Damn.

Lady says she doen't have season 5. Hmm,,,,

ps the police/political issues are probably very near the truth. A UK version would be good.

Thierry.   

^^ You are not missing out much on season 5 it drags on in some parts.

A UK version called the London wire would be good the Somali gangs cannot be left out and Rageh Omar can play a cameo as a investigative journalist :D

Garnaqsi   

Thierry.;203514 wrote:
Sorry gents forgot to put that in disclaimer, for those watching the show every time you see Omar (what a name he is trying to ruin) fast forward or switch channels.

How anyone can like The Wire but hate Omar is beyond me!

This is one of my favourite scenes of the entire series. Such a badass!