Sign in to follow this  
Hawdgirl

How do you react about this?

Hawdgirl   

Physical abuse of children in "dugsi qur'an" by their so called teachers iswas a serious problem but has never been recognized or perhaps paid attention to in our Somali community back home. and I wonder why?!

As we all know, Somali children from all villages, cities, attend and have had attended islamic schools or “dugsi qur’an†Over the generations in the process of normal upbringing, and studying qur'an,. Unfortunately some of the children who attended dugsi's have been maltreated, abused intentionally physically harmed by their so called teachers. The physical abuse that these children may endure sometimes include inflicting bodily injuries,such as losing eyes having non-hidable scars especially on the cheeks, I have seen friendsrelatives who have scars and who would tell ya that it was scar from "ul" by macalinka qur'aanka! these physically punishments are highly unapplicable punishements. Teachers may force children to engage in physically harmful activities such as holding ears while facing down! putting lots of "jirac" down under their clothings! Can you beleive this, and most of all may cause death as it happened in the story following this!

So, I know that some of us never went to dugsi qur'an, thus never had that experience, but those who went through that experience, would you please take a moment to read this article about the boy and give us your thoughtsopinions about this...

Is this morally wrong?! Or is it a way of normal upbringing of children

Does this kind form of punishment exist in other Islamic countries?

please enlighten us

Thanks for your attention...

SADNEWSBY:Zahra Abdi Hersi, Holland

Waa wax ilmo badan loo daadiyo,laga xanuunsado, aadna looga murugoodo wiilkii 13jirka ahaa ee sidii ul loogu garaacayay naftiisa ku waayay.

BY: Zahra Abdi Hersi, Holland

Dad badan ayay ku adag tahay in ay qiyaas ka bixiyaan sida ilmahaas yar loo dilay,waa arrin fajaciso iyo murugo wadata, ilmo sidii ul loogu garaacayay ama loola dhacaayay ku naf waayay dhimashadiisa,waa xaqiiqo in uu xanuun aan la qiyaasi karin ku qaadatay.

Waxaan ka akhriyay shabakada midnimo shalay in wiil yar sidii uu macallinkiisii dugsiga u garaacayay naftii kaga baxday.

For More Information, Click Here

Waa macallinkii siin lahaa dareen nabad ah,waa macallinkii lagu aaminay ilmahaas in uu sidaas sameeyo waa arrin aad looga xumaado islamarkaana laga murugoodo,si gaar ah waxaan halkan uga soo dirayaa tacsi iyo danqasho ka soo ga'day wadnahayga waalidkii dhalay ilamhaas,Ilaahayna uga baryayaa in uu samir ka siiyo wiilkoodii qaaliga ku ahaa.

Falka uu macallinkaas sameeyay waxay ku tusinaysaa in macallimiinta Soomaaliyeed ay carruurta wax barayaan jir dil badan ku sameeyaan, lagana yaabo in ay carruur badan sidaas ku dhinteen oo aan laga warqabin,

Dhaqankeena aad ayuu ugu daran yahay carruurta oo u baahan naxariis dheeraad ah in lagula dhaqmo,carruurtu waa ubaxi berrito iyo kaydkii berrito oo uu waddanka iyo dadkuba u aayi lahaayeen, nasiib xumase waxaan u haysanaa in ay carruurtu yihiin noole aan waxba kala ogeyn sidii la doonana laga yeeli karo, waxaanu aaminsanahay in ilmuhu wax ku bartaan dil iyo in la xanuujiyo,taas oo ah wax ka fog sida carruurta loola dhaqmo waxna lgu baro, kumanaan carruur Soomaaliyeed ayaa ku nool ciqaab joogta ah iyo in korkooda aad loo garaaco isla markaana nafsaddooda wax aysan ka soo kaban arrin soo gaaraan.

Waxaan ka codsanaynaa oo waliba si naxariis badan uga codsanaynaa in ay qof kasta oo Soomaali ah isla markaana qaan gaar ah uu u gargaaro carruurteena meel kasta oo ay joogaan gaar ahaan kuwa jooga dhulkeena hooyo,carruurta waxaa ku filan in ay helaan waxyar oo naxariis iyo soo dhoweyn ah iyo in si deggan wax loogu sheego, waalidku iyo dhammaan bulshada oo dhan la isgu tago xanaanadoodana qof kasta dusha saarto in uu mas’uul ka yahay barbaarinta carruurta Soomaaliyeed, tusaale ahaan haddii ilmo yar oo aadan garanaynin oo waddo kaaga soo hor baxay haddii aad u ilko caddayso oo waliba aad madaxa u salaaxdo waxaad u samaysay wanaag uusan weligiis ilaaweynin noloshiisana saamayn ku lahaan doonto, waxaad siisay dareen ah qiimo ayaad ii leedahay,macallimiinta dhigta dugsiyada qur’aanka waxaan kula talinayaa in ay carruurta siiyaan xanaano dheeraad ah waayo waxay u taagan yihiin barashada qawlka Allaah.

Waa in wax laga qabto kuwa isku sheegaya in ay macallimiin yihiin haddana sidii waraabaha oo kale ubadka yar yar ee masaakiinta ah ula dhaqmayaan,sidee ayay waaliddiinta Soomaaliyeed u oggolaadeen in ilmahooda dil xanuujinaya korkooda iyo maskaxdooda loo gaysto,ilmo sidaas loo galay miyuu yeelanayaa rajo mustaqbal ah in uu isku filnaado.

Waa wax aanu marnaba qiyaasi karin sida xanuunka badan ee wiilkii 13 jirka ahaa ku waayay noloshiisii sidii ul loola dhacaayay,naxariisdarradaas waa mid ka fog islaamnimada iyo dareenka noolaha, sidee ayay ku dhici kartaa macallin mas’uul ah in uu ilmihii lagu aaminay sidaas u dilo,waxaase fiicnaan lahayn in macallimiinta markaa hore loo furo tababar ku saabsan xagga barbaarinta iyo habka wax loo baro carruurta.

Alla yaa arxamu...

this is indeed a sad news,

I have heard similar stories about kids being killed physically abused by their teachers but walaalo this is one way of raising children and teaching them more about our holly religion, marka I agree with you... but on the one hand it's infact a bad way of teaching, on the other hand children may not learn if teachers don't have some form of a punishment for them.

I guess the teacher did not intend to kill the poor child.. but I guess he got carried away

J.Lee   

^Abaayo, whether he intended it or not should not, cannot serve as an excuse. It just doesn't fly.

At some point Macalinka should of realized that he was inflicting endurable pain on the young'in; At some point he must of realized that the little boy was going to die from such a severe beating: A person doesn't just get "carried away" when they take a life maandhay especially with their own hands.

The weird thing is when I went to dugsi in Nairobi the teachers were merciless; they seemed to thirst for the blood of their students but when my family moved to Seattle and we started attending dugsi, the teachers were more diplomatic. They solved problems in their class by talking most of the time: they rarely beat any of their students.

Why is that do you think?

Personally, I attribute such a difference to fear and lack of fear.

Hawdgirl   

U are right Jimce--- even in Kenya in Utange refugee camp, the dugsi qur'an teachers were more diplomat, eventhough the fear of them was still there but it was not the same as the one I got from macalin garweyne-

My sister told me that she had night mares about how he would beat the crap out of her if she misses one verse,.... that is something....

I guess the reason u wouldn't get any physical punishment from the teachers here in the States is that it'z illegal to harm a child... even to spank

So what does others think

Does anyone recall any storiesexperiences with your macalinka qur'aanka and his inflicting ways of beating ya up

Khayr   

Salamz,

Zahra Abdi Hersi, Holland

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

"The jinn snatches the right word then recites it into the ear of his ally. They add one hundred lies to it." (Al-Bukhari)

Fi Amanillah

J.Lee   

^Hmmm,Aren't just a pocketful of wisdom. Maandhow what exactly is your point?

Hawd: I was always the teacher's pet; I never got beaten.

Castro   

Originally posted by HumbleHeart:

but on the one hand it's infact a bad way of teaching, on the other hand children may not learn if teachers don't have some form of a punishment for them.

Atheer I'd choose not learning over death any day for my kids. I'd snap that wadaad's neck before he can say sorry if he did that to my kids.

Hawdgirl   

I got no point to prove Jimca or Jimce whatever your name happens to be

and for your info I aint a mandhoow

I am a maandheey

Well I guess I have to enlighten you on the reason why I posted this

because I just want to know more about this...

meaning why would a kid be killed in a such merciless way

and my article is only intended for those who had the opportunity to go to dugsi in back home

those who know more about this

but not diaspora growing kid

nafta   

^^ :D:D ..... I don't know why that reaction cracked me up laakin it did

Hawd...she was referring to Khayr

Wordette...teachers pet aa...I bet you were a maskiin sayfle, putting on an angel face in front of the macalin, but getting up to no good when his back is turned, eh. icon_razz.gif

As for the topic, it's sad what happened to that little kid. Back in the days when I used to go to dugsi at our local community centre, he used to whip us with the pool sticks. Luckily, I was a teachers pet also :D

juba   

ignorance, backwardness,stupidness, lack of education, corruption, thirst for power, dehadryted of knowledge, malnutritioned of morality......

thats what i think of macalins that beat their students which is rampant in Somalia and many other muslim countries like say Egypt.

:( :mad:

Khayr   

Originally posted by Hawdgirl:

I got no point to prove Jimca or Jimce whatever your name happens to be

and for your info I aint a mandhoow

I am a maandheey

Well I guess I have to enlighten you on the reason why I posted this

because I just want to know more about this...

meaning why would a kid be killed in a such merciless way

and my article is only intended for those who had the opportunity to go to dugsi in back home

those who know more about this

but not diaspora growing kid

what kid was 'killed' in a 'dugsi' :confused:

You are just trying to create and feed of 'negative emotions'

and painting an entire 'dugsi system' with it.

The hadith that I cited hits the nail.

'One truth, covered with a 100 LIES'

:rolleyes:

J.Lee   

^

Waa wax ilmo badan loo daadiyo,laga xanuunsado, aadna looga murugoodo
wiilkii 13jirka ahaa ee sidii ul loogu garaacayay naftiisa ku waayay.

Nafta,( icon_razz.gif ) I was a sweet child you can even ask Who-he-cannot talk to neices and cousins without looking up.

Hawd: 1 word, 4 syllables com/pre/hen/sion

Salaams

uchi   

I know what you mean /Hawdgirl'.

I remember a time when my brother tried to obtain a pistol (This is was between 1992 - 1993, everyone had pistols back then), in an attempt to get back at the teacher.

From what I heard, apparently the teacher was placing students inside empty rice bags (those old Sugar bags), and throwing after them red flesh eating ants.

Thier philosophy:

Pain = Remembrance = learning the Quran.

FatB   

aah shit happens get over it

Back to reality, sure a lot of mucalims use physical punishment as a tool for teaching and have been doing it for many a generation. And to be perfectly honest physical punishment does yield results. Lets not this "protect the children for harm" attitude we have in the west waiver our rights as parents and teachers (neither of them am I) to discipline our children and to use physical punishment as a tool