Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Friday thread

Castro   

10:30 - Got into work.

12:30 - Went out for friday lunch and baking in the sun.

15:00 - Got back into the office 2 shades darker n in good spirits.

17:00 - Left the office.

Only in Europe could you have work hours like that. Basically, a 4 hour work day. No wonder y'all are broke the whole time. Don't tell me, you get 3 months vacation every year.

Out here work is 7.30 to 12:00 then 13:00 to 18:00 and that's on a slow day.

I guess them Somalis in Europe didn't have to change much coming to Europe. It's the same old do nothing, have nothing.

Ofleh

-Lily-   

We not all lazy, this is how mine went & im in london:

6 30 am wake up

7 watch news drink tea

7 30 leave the house

9 get to work

1 pm lunch,yea buy some shoes

2 back to work

5 wkend begins

6 30 arrive home

eat and be merry, chill out...

Originally posted by ofleh:

Only in Europe could you have work hours like that. Basically, a 4 hour work day. No wonder y'all are broke the whole time. Don't tell me, you get 3 months vacation every year.

I guess them Somalis in Europe didn't have to change much coming to Europe. It's the same old do nothing, have nothing.

Ofleh

You're jealous arent you?

Just admit it....you cant even contain how envious you feel. I bet you're even contemplating moving lock stock n barrel soon... ;)

As long as you put in the core working hours i.e. 10-12 and 2-4, you've done your duty.

Life isnt about working like a donkey or working hard...its working smart - being american, the concept could be quite foreign.

Castro   

Just admit it....you cant even contain how envious you feel. I bet you're even contemplating moving lock stock n barrel soon...
;)

Indeed, indeed! I am sipping on a 32 oz. cup of Hatorade!

Ofleh

Originally posted by ofleh:

quote:

10:30 - Got into work.

12:30 - Went out for friday lunch and baking in the sun.

15:00 - Got back into the office 2 shades darker n in good spirits.

17:00 - Left the office.

Ofleh
haha So true..4 hours of work? I mean really WTF is that, no point of going to work

Ahh...Friday...didn't think it would arrive! A very productive but completely draining week. But having met all my deadlines, I can now stop to take a breather. Also helps that it's payday. My credit card can have its much-deserved holiday!

**Off to a long and leisurely team lunch now**

:cool:

Originally posted by 7 of Nine:

Just woke up a couple of hours ago. Taking friday off has never felt better.
:D

U can say that again sista! i just got in to work!

and no one showed up from Dept!!..! help! help!

:D !! hey but who cares!! its Friday! what could go wrong!! peace!

Curly   

The managers are out today, so everyone’s just relaxing...actually just me lol

Listening to the radio, annoying work colleagues with idle chitchat.

smile.gif The weather is beautiful so I think I'll walk home.

Foxy   

Fridays is the most looked forward to of the week in anytime of the week......

to me fridays is the begining of endless time of being free and partying till the dawn since there is no work U have to report to on saturday/sunday.

it also means stay or hang out on thursday nite out since friday day wont be longer than other week days.

Getting up on fridays mornings looking forward to the next 48 hours as the best in ur working week.......(Be ur own Boss for some of U's) life is nothin but a party and at ur own time frame ( provided ur finances are well planned for the occassion, i seriously dont endorse in blowing it all on a weekend)

so... come 08.30am t0 1pm means serious work and what so ever called meetings and forcasting for the week to come......01:00pm to 02:00pm means so called lunch which we spend planning ahead for the nite ahead ( what does that tell U, we the employees are a bunch of lazy buggers)

after 4pm comes the after noon tea, and from 4pm on wards, a whole day/nite blossoms namely known as the friday symptom......no need to explian such symptoms folks...( use ur imagination if it comes to worst)

come 5ipm ish comes the calling around....of who is doing what on a friday nite and what have You........

and then comes the saturday afternoon, as most ppl would have have slept in on a saturday day, due to a late nite on a friday....... and there starts another usual cycle on what's on in town and around...... and God bless on long week ends,,,especailly saturdays with a sunshine on the forecast

and before U know sunday comes knocking on ur damn door....damn on sundays........

God Bless the week ends and Fridays since its the start of such a blessing..........

cheers

N.O.R.F   

Today is Friday. I managed to roll out of bed later than usual at 7.15am. I departed my residence at 7.50am (30 mins late and without breakfast) and made my way down to the station. I boarded an empty looking Piccadilly Line train with my daily copy of the Mirror (Independent is too much of read on a Friday morning). I changed to a full Victoria Line train at Finsbury Park and made my down to Euston. Walking up through Euston I notice 3 asian men being searched and questioned. More Police where walking the concourse and exits. At work I have a number of things to sort out today and get done. They are labourious issues regarding payments/contracts and programme dates. I have just received a letter threatening legal action unless we pay twon invoices to a subcontractor. Once i investigated further it turns out the invoices are of no relation to my company at all. After a bit of a rant at the person on the other end of the phone, I will now concentrate my efforts on updating issues regarding design which I must also price and shoot off to the architect before the end of the day.

Tonight, I have been invited to part take in a go-karting race by a subcontractor. I fancy myself as a bit of a Schumacher and will therefore accept the offer. Hey I can imagine being in Monaco, Silverstone or even Rio :cool:

I’m thinking of attending the Regents Park Mosque for Friday prayers, even though I got in late I can still make it a 1hr 30min lunch break :D . If not, then the local mosque will do with a 5 min khutba.

I look forward to Saturdays, but because I will be busy packing a few things and trying to sell my car I’m actually dreading it. Cant imagine myself driving anything other than a Golf Gti! My Gti! :mad: The days of overtaking hapless folk on the streets of the capital are coming to an end :D

I’m off to get a sandwich and some fruit!

^^ And its only 10.30! How productive.

I myself got in 20 mins ago (damn trains!) . And I have been busy drinking tea since... :cool:

Wait a minute...

I managed to roll out of bed later than usual at 7.15am. I departed my residence at 7.50am

It only takes you 35 mins to prepare? :eek:

I got up at 7am but didn't manage to leave the house till 8.30! redface.gif

^ Some of us don’t need to be made-up.

I, of course…take no more than 30minz. :cool:

I feel worn-out and ill. My head feels like its been repeatedly run over by a truck. I smell zilch and all the nerve endings in my face are numbed. My throat feels like its been scraped with a cactus plant.

I feel awful.

I’m gonna leave work early. Very early.