Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Day after - Disaster in images (Abcnews)

shyhem   

^^^^^^^^^

Nice to hear you are volunteer for the red cross.

Anyway its really sad to see the situation folks in new orleans and the neighbouring states are dealing with.

The most depressing part is the fact that the worst hit are the poorest of the poor and they are predominately African American.

Dubya and his cronies are not really responding as quick as is necessary,and don't even ask me about gas prices......someone better explain to us why gas prices is ridiculously higher than expected.

Castro   

Originally posted by shyhem:

Dubya and his cronies are not really responding as quick as is necessary

You ain't lyin, Shyhem. That SOB flew his air force one at 2000 ft over the flooded area. As if those down below needed any more misery than a 747 swooping down this low with blaring engines. What a moron for the ages.

Dhimbil   

Where are the WHITE people in this disaster?

I don't know whats more tragic, Hurricane Katrina or the lack of response from the government. The gov is acting like this is some foreign country disaster that they need to gear up for. The victims don’t need houses, cars, buses etc. For gods sake they need food and water, people are dying of hunger and dehydration. It's been three days already and people don't even have food and water.

Director of FEMA (gov. agency for disaster relieve) denied the extent of the crises this afternoon on NPR and basically called a reporter liar, just because he didn’t get “official reports†of what the reporter was talking about.

Why aren't black leaders making a fuss out of this!

Read this...btw, this is in addition to twenty thousand in the superdome.

"There are, I estimate, 2,000 people living like animals inside the city convention center and around it," Burnett says. "They've been there since the hurricane. There's no food. There's absolutely no water, there's no medical treatment. There's no police and no security. And there are two dead bodies lying on the ground and in a wheelchair beside the convention center -- both elderly people, both covered with blankets now."

"Joanne Silberner, NPR's health policy correspondent, reports that a text message sent from inside Tenet's Memorial Medical Center suggests that the hospital has had no contact with outside authorities, and nine people have died already. And outside calls aren't going through to Charity Hospital or Tulane University Hospital"

Read NPR blog here

Castro   

Originally posted by Khaalid:

Where are the WHITE people in this disaster?

They drove out on Saturday and Sunday. And if there were any white people left, the response would be overwhelming.

Fanisha   

(notice I said was and not is) boobs for beads. I'll miss that.

Hey Mr. Castro, I know what mardi gras is, Exactly what part are you going to miss the Boobs? mxmxmxxxxx :mad:

J.Lee   

May Allah lessen the hardship they must be goin thru as we speak.

Aamin.

Why aren't black leaders making a fuss out of this!

I guess you haven't seen the Al Sharpton interviews. Personally, I'm looking forward to Farrakhan's take on this as well as Jesse Jackson's.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Castro:

a gallon of gas is $3.50. Holy sh!t.

We in Canada could only dream of $3.50/gallon gas.Here in Calgary,we pay $1.10 per litre now and that works out to $4.16 a gallon.

Fanisha   

We in Canada could only dream of $3.50/gallon gas.Here in Calgary,we pay $1.10 per litre now and that works out to $4.16 a gallon.

At least Canada has better mass transportation than the U.S. There you have the option, but here if you don't have the financial means to buy gas, you are sh!t out of luck.

Fanisha   

You can't tell me you ATLiens ain't got no buses to get around...

Yep! that is rigt Liibaan, there are no busses in my side of the nieghborhood.