Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Day after - Disaster in images (Abcnews)

Come on ,,, it is nice pics indeed ,, don't u agree with me ???

I like those pics when from da other world apart from Africa and Asia ,,,,,, at least da world is same for disasters ,,, na mean ?? :D

NGONGE   

Some people were talking about seeing sharks swimming in the city!

This is not the first time this has taken place.

post-1-1125577958.jpg

As you were...

Its quite sad I tell ya.I feel sorry for them,

I mean we as somalis should actually feel the pain. They basically are refugees just like we were when we lost our country to a[Man Made disaster?)

No home to go to, no food, no water and seeking refuge in other states. I understand nothing compares to loosing a country, but I think we know to some extent what it feels like to have nothing & start from ZERO!. The least we could do is sympathise and wish them a quick recovery. Besides the worst of the peoples who will be affected are minorities,as most couldn’t afford insurance.

At least they have a system that exclusively dedicates to emergencies. Their govt has money and the country is intact and donations are coming in from everywhere. We had to start over all by ourselves. In any case I think its sad.

The head of Fema was saying that they are considering putting ppl on cruise ships .

I think the pics are nice, from a photographical point of view, those are some very nice pics.[powerful message].

Baashi   

I don't know how many of u are following this event (u can't miss it) but this is the second sunami. A major American city has been innundated by the Hurricane. This morning on my way to work (btw in a vanpool - gas prices too high in these days) one lady said that states of Nebraska and Kansas are offering the New Orleans a free land anyone who wishes to relocate. The thing is the city is inhabitable for some time to come not to mention the folks without flood insurance (poor) have no recourse to rebuilt their homes.

Btw, I bet my collectable taano the pic Signore Ngonge has posted is fake :D

^It is the second Tsunami.

New Orleans is the largest city in the gulf coast.

Its nice of Nebraska to offer land. What could they possibly do with the idle land anyway?

I feel sorry for em

Castro   

Louisianans have closer ties with Texans than they do with Nebraskans. It's very likely many will end up moving to Texas. Either way, this is beyond tragic.

In summer 2001, a small tropical storm hit Galveston and Houston and caused enough flooding to disrupt people's lives for years. New Orleans is done.

Senora   

^^^They are saying it could take months for the city to run properly. University system are even thinking about canceling the semester.

Im a little impatient with how the federal goverment is handling things, however. On wednesday morning ( two days after the tragedy), they stated that they were still assessing the situation, befor they take drastic recovery measures! I assessed the situation the minute i turned on the television. It goes to show, there weren't many lessons learned after the tsunami hit Asia. :rolleyes:

And dont even start with those gas prices! :mad: Georgia is on high surveillance with price gauging. Can you guys believe there was an area her with a $6.09 price on premium!!!! :eek:

It was like a scene from War of the Worlds. The lines, and the tempers.......ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

George Bush promised to help the victims of this disaster, and apparently dozens of countries have called in to lend a helping hand. I think the people of New Orleans will pull through, its only a matter of time ------

Sincere   

Sad situation, I can even begin to fathom the heartache reer lousiana are going through. The three major car dealers (Ford, GM, etc) have the nerve to announce they will defer car payments for at least 3 months till the unfortunate get back on their feet.....like it's gonna take 3 months to get back on your feet!

Anyway, with the gas prices skyrocketing there goes my labor day weekend travelling plans, home sweet home its gonna be

Supuu,everyone under estimated the extent of the damages. The govt as usual has so many beauracratic BS to deal with first.

Whats up tho with the folks shooting & looting?

Pacifist   

Am on a emotional rollcoaster at the moment. :(

May Allah help all the needy in that distaster. Amin

I have been glued to the tv all last night. Couldn't sleep all the images of the children and people distressed are just stomping at me. And then I watched the Tracking the Monster Documentary AIDS on VH1 with India and Ashley That just did it for me. Innalilahi Wa inailahi rajicoon. I am a Redcross disaster relief Volunteer and they called me up I couldn't even go to LA because my own haboo is sick.

May Allah help the needy and the suffering amin :(