Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Day after - Disaster in images (Abcnews)

Baashi   

My heart goes out to the victims of Katrina -the hurricane- which slammed that part of the states with unprecedented force and energy. Horrible, oval scene...as a parent with toddlers I just can't imagine being in that oval situation...May Allah lessen the hardship they must be goin thru as we speak.

Lousiana

ap_3katrina_05_050829_ssh.jpgnm_orleans_aerial_050831_ssh.jpg

ap_rooftop_050830_ssh.jpg

ap_helicopter_050830_ssv.jpg

Mississippi

ap_KATRINA1_MS_050830_ssh.jpg

Alabama

ap_al_aerial_050831_ssh.jpg

Florida

katrina3_050826_ssh.jpg

katrina4_050826_ssh.jpg

Castro   

We already had Louisiana as the biggest source of imigrants to Texas. Now they have a real excuse. Not to mention, a gallon of gas is $3.50. Holy sh!t. Any more than this and I either walk to work or Bush will have to invade 1 or 2 more countries.

Castro   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

Waiting for the first post to say that New Orleans was destroyed because of Mardi Gras........ Anyone ?

Kashafa, don't hold your breath. Not many people know what Mardi Gras is. Incidently, about the only redeeming thing about NO was (notice I said was and not is) boobs for beads. I'll miss that.

May the dead rest in peace and the living get back on their feet.

P.S. I am aware the invade 1 or two more countries comment was in bad taste and of poor judgement. I'd just returned from the gas station then, see.

Pujah   

^^ Don't hold your breath for that to happen anytime soon.... I say invest in bicycle or walking shoes. :D

P.S. in my part of the hood gas price is $2.40 per gallon

Edit: Oops I guess gas prices went up this morning...cuz my bro tells me he just pumped gas for $3.06/gallon

Castro   

Originally posted by Kashafa:

^^ 3.50 a gallon ? Comrade Castro: Your crediblity is at stake.

I won't drive 40 miles to Tomball to get gas when I live in Jersey City. Haddad can go there if he likes. And I use premium gas on my 3.5L (255hp) Nissan Maxima, thank you!

Edited: Kashafa, I see that you're taking a chapter out of my recently published Dirdiraale for dummies book. Dude, Haddad and I need no fuel to our ongoing battle of wits and whips. Enjoy the book tho, young'un.

Astonishing, the images are horrible, reminds me of the Tsunami, I saw this one clip where this cop was aiming at these folks who were stealing from a store near by, he was yelling intensely like he was about to shoot’em, yelling put it down[/b]

The footages remind of Somalia during the civil war. The poor people who had no where to go were mostly effected by this.

Intel   

Originally posted by Animal Farm: The poor people who had no where to go were mostly effected by this.

yeah poor Negroes

are there somalis living in the deep south? apart from florida

Sky   

Originally posted by rokko:

yeah poor Negroes

are there somalis living in the deep south? apart from florida

Yep ATL, Georgia. Largest Somali Community in the derrty south.

Coomay   

Salaam

Salaam Folks

Kashafa

If Mardi Gras around so is Artful Doger - just par against him, game is nil nil, don't hold your breath.

Sidaas bay Saacadii hadhay - Saacduna waa ka Qardhaadhay wax walba - madhadhowa - Galaalo indhaha ayay taag taagasa.

even the dead didn't spared.

Wax nala tus bay tidhi Habartii Awrkuu la kacay.

so long mates

Hundreds, if not thousands of people are being estimated to have died in this disaster. It's incredibly sad. Even sadder is the stampede which killed over 700 Iraqis in Baghdad. May the dead rest in peace.

I don't know, sometimes I pine for the good old days of no news. :(