Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

Instincts

Faheema.   

Lily

There is no such thing as just knowing, yes some people might be more sensitive to signs than others, but to say you just ‘know’ and base everything on pure instinct is just foolish. The only evidence is that your subconscious is able to process and warns you about things to come that your conscious self can't see, but that shouldn’t be enough to come to a conclusion, esp. if it is a decision that can have a lasting effect.

Originally posted by Willamina:

[QB] Does that mean you can disregard your brain too, logic, proof and the other factors what come into the decision making? I don’t know, I'm answering this just because my guts told me to
smile.gif

You know what my insticnts(how could spell balaayada) told, you are not other than Cawo. call me genius, clairvoyant or Psychic smile.gif

interpol   

interestingly enough, i think that a "6th sense" does in fact exist. Generally, people have fixed their mind around the assumption that 5 tangible senses are "real" and any other would be illogical, but if there was one it should be categorized as "mystical".When in theory, we should ask ourselves "why not"? there's nothing magical about a 6th sense its just the sense that can be associated with our minds and its connectivity in relation to the rest of the world. Anyway! In short, a sixth sense is also known as: intuition. smile.gif

Paragon   

Its called 'gut instinct' which basically involves thinking with other parts of the body other than the brain. Men are mostly logical and rely less on it but women? Oh thats a whole lotta different ball game. There is no logic to them mostly and when their intuitive or instinctive feelings lands them in hot water, they ofcourse have another thing at their disposal: sobbing smile.gif . All these things are tied to each other, you see. So never try to analyse one of them because you might find yourself wandering in no 'man's' lands far from home!

Overall though, instincts can be decisive; especially when two options appear equally strong in logical terms and you are looking for something to tip the balance smile.gif . There you go girls. Use instincts to your advantage but not to our disadvantage too.

Baashi   

A million dollar question. I think if the instinctive response to a situation is not stemming from a past experience and just pops up in your head then I would say that kind of a response qualifies as being instinctive behavoir. It is like innate, la iraadii (as my axyaa schooling would call it), kind of a urge independent of reasoning. Like a hunch or a gut feeling.

interpol   

i know this is a little off topic, but not entirely: have you all read about the theory "six degrees of separation" or "small-world theory" ?

where, if a person you know directly can be considered 1 degree away, and any person they know is considered 2 degrees away from you-- everyone in the world is actually on 6 degrees away from each other! from every angle. neat huh? I thought so smile.gif

Faheema.   

Originally posted by
Sharmarkee:

You know what my insticnts(how could spell balaayada) told, you are not other than Cawo. call me genius, clairvoyant or Psychic
smile.gif

Where's the proof :D , waxba ha iska dhaadhicin, Psychic'na ma tihide icon_razz.gif

-Lily-   

Originally posted by Willamina:

Lily

There is no such thing as just knowing, yes some people might be more sensitive to signs than others, but to say you just
‘know’
and base everything on pure instinct is just foolish. The only evidence is that your subconscious is able to process and warns you about things to come that your conscious self can't see, but that shouldn’t be enough to come to a conclusion, esp. if it is a decision that can have a lasting effect.

I doubt many of us base 'everything' on pure instinct, nor do we wake up with a million instincts to guide our daily decision making, and any sane person would do well to consider the facts. Having said that, we do sometimes and occasionally have an instinct that may appear to be a 'baseless' option (e.g. no reason or fact to support it) and if it is foolish, why would you have a compelling feeling urging you to at least consider it as an alternative decision?

p.s. sharmarke my instinct tells me you will quit trolling smile.gif .

Originally posted by nuune:

[QB] ^^^ Waxey rabtaa iney gilgisho oy argagax ku abuurto kalsoonidaada, is ilaali yaa akhii

Lool Nuune, war niyo waxan kugu jeclahay .. you always come out to bail me out, yu'll be my backup, we gonna sort out this issue togather :D

Faheema.   

^ LoL nuune, jar haka tuurin wuu jajabiye.

Maya Shar-Ma-Arke, I am just asking for some evidence smile.gif waxaanu shaki ka galin yaa.

Faheema.   

why would you have a compelling feeling urging you to at least consider it as an alternative decision?

Lily, now we're on the same page smile.gif Yes, you should definately consider the alternative, we are humans and proof/evidence/logic sometimes all go out the window in certain situations.

^^^ So what are you saying here? should we or shouldn't we?

Interpol, Intuition is a hot aussie shiela! who also happens to be a member of SOL..neat huh! i thought so :D

Lily seriously what are you planning to do? what are you cooking lady? you are upto some mischeif!

Cheers