Old_Observer

Ethiopian Airlines place in the world and the economic, political war aftermath of the accident

Ethiopian Airlines was capable enough to withstand pressure from US and send the black box to France instead.

Was the 4th country to ground the Maxx 8 fleet while US was trying to prevent the grounding of the Aircraft

The Economic war:

Who was first country to ground the Aircraft....CHINA

Who is the next giant to enter the aircraft market with equal qualities features to Airbus 320 and Boeing 737 MAXX....CHINA already has 1000 in the order book

Who were the first countries to send condolences and sympathy to Ethiopia...Russia, Israel, China, Turkish, Kenya....

Who came to witness the competence of Ethiopian technically....The Star Alliance

In 1993 Ethiopian was transporting about 600000 passengers a year in the best of times...now transporting 10.3 million a year. It is not only Africa's largest, but has shares in more than 9 countries airlines in Africa, manages 3 other countries airlines under management contract, trains pilots, maintenance technicians and service personnel of 37 countries, has more than 50 Chinese hostes....

Every 5 year plan has been successfully implemented ahead of time and increased profitability in last 20 years....

Last year it entered the group of airlines with more than 100 aircraft...next target is to double that in 2 five year plans.

Egypt Air, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria.....were all ahead of Ethiopian 10 years ago. Now Ethiopian airlines manages an airline in Nigeria and is now share holder in another.

NEXT BIG PROJECT

Brand new airport in Djibouti

Djibouti Air to be regional feed and part owned and managed by Ethiopian

Djibouti airport would be main hub for long flights from US and Canada, Brazil Argentina, China, Japan, Australia, Russia...etc

If some of you have realized you can fly straight from china, US, Canada..to Ethiopia, but not the other way around. Reason is Ethiopia/Addis is 7000ft ASL and cannot load all fuel. That is why DJIBOUTI will be critical.

CNN Host Says Ethiopian Plane Crashed Because of US Government Shutdown

CC BY 2.0 / red, white, and black eyes forever / CNN Center

US

01:18 14.03.2019(updated 01:21 14.03.2019) Get short URL

0 39

The unlikely connection did not survive fact checking, though.

CNN host Brianna Keilar connected the Sunday crash of Ethiopian Airlines flight ET302 with the recent temporary government shutdown in the US.

Talking with US Rep. Dan Kildee (D-MI) Wednesday, Keilar asserted that the plane crashed because Boeing had failed to implement a pilot software upgrade in January, as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) was non-operational due to the shutdown.

"So Boeing actually failed to provide a software fix for the flight system in the 737 MAX 8 until after that October crash," Keilar said. "There were pilots who looked at that and felt like this was a criminal omission. That was what they thought about this. "

"The software fix, then, according to The Wall Street Journal, was supposed to happen in January, and it was delayed because of the government shutdown, because the FAA was offline," she continued before asking Kildee for his opinion.

© REUTERS / Tiksa Negeri

Black Boxes of Ethiopian Boeing 737 MAX to Be Analysed in France

However, Keilar's assertion turned out to be factually incorrect, The Daily Caller reported. After checking the Wall Street Journal article the host referred to, the website discovered that Boeing did not provide the software update due to "differences of opinion and technical and engineering issues."

In addition, the FAA was far from non-operational during the shutdown: according to The Daily Caller, thousands of FAA safety inspectors and other staff were recalled during the period in order to ensure the safety of flights across the nation.

With regard to Boeing's software update delay, the FAA did not press the company on the matter, because at the time the administration felt there was "no imminent safety threat," The Wall Street Journal wrote in its article.

The update in question, which is now scheduled to be deployed in April, will allow pilots greater control over the plane in emergency situations.

Black Boxes of Ethiopian Boeing 737 MAX to Be Analysed in France

© REUTERS / Tiksa Negeri

Africa

00:05 14.03.2019(updated 00:56 14.03.2019) Get short URL

0 120

The French aviation safety watchdog Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile (BEA) will analyse the black boxes of the Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft which crashed on Sunday near Addis Ababa, the agency said Wednesday.

"Ethiopian authorities have requested @BEA_Aero assistance for the analysis of FDR [flight data recorder] & CVR [cockpit voice recorder] / Any communication on the investigation progress is the responsibility of those authorities," BEA wrote on Twitter on Wednesday.

Ethiopian Airlines previously refused to send the black boxes to the United States, where the Boeing 737 Max 8 was manufactured, The Globe and Mail reported Wednesday. US aviation authorities were among the latest to issue an emergency order to ground all Boeing 737 Max 8 and 737 Max 9 series aircraft following the deadly crash of an Ethiopian Airlines flight.

READ MORE: FAA Finds Similarities in Ethiopia, Indonesia Boeing 737 MAX Crashes — Statement

Earlier this week, the US Federal Aviation Administration insisted that the planes were safe, despite growing concerns after the latest crash of the aircraft. However, on Wednesday, the FAA said in an emergency order that an investigation into two deadly air accidents involving Boeing 737 Max aircraft had discovered "some similarities," which led to a temporary grounding of the entire 737 Max fleet in the US.

FAA Says Boeing 737 MAX 'Airworthy' Despite 2nd Fatal Crash in Nearly 5 Months

Earlier in the day, an Ethiopian Airlines spokesman said that the black boxes of the Boeing 737 Max 8 would be sent to Germany for analysis. However, German authorities said they would not conduct the decoding.

On Sunday, a Boeing 737 Max 8, operated by Ethiopian Airlines, crashed minutes after takeoff from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, killing all 157 people from more than 30 countries on board.

READ MORE: India Bans Entry, Transit of Boeing 737 Max 8 from Its Airspace

© AFP 2018 / JOHAN NILSSON / TT NEWS AGENCY

Norwegian Air Shuttle to Demand Boeing Pay for Grounding of 737 Max Aircraft

The crash in Ethiopia was the second fatal incident involving the narrow-body aircraft in less than five months. In late October 2018, another Boeing 737 MAX 8, operated by Indonesia's Lion Air, plunged into the Java Sea shortly after takeoff, claiming the lives of 189 people. According to a preliminary investigation by Indonesia's airport authority, the plane's sensors were showing incorrect speed and altitude readings during another flight hours before the disaster.

In the wake of Sunday's crash in Ethiopia, aviation authorities and carriers around the world, including in Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, France, Germany, South Africa, the European Union, China and Russia, have either grounded all 737 Max 8 series aircraft or closed their airspace to them.

Holac   

Is the CEO of Ethiopian Airlines Amhara or Tigrayan?

Very sad story. It is devastating for the reputation of Ethiopian Airlines.

I always wondered why would any sane Soomaali fly Xabashi airlines. I remember years ago looking for airline ticket to buy, and going to this Soomaali-owned travel agency, whom had a guy I knew who worked there. That guy wasn't there, but a Xabashi lady was working.

After asking her the lowest available prices, she quoted this Xabashi airline. I laughed at her face and told her point blank that I would never fly a Xabashi-owned airline, even if it was free. She was kinda shocked, asking me why repeatedly. I told her no need to state the obvious. I told her I will come back when the guy I knew was there.

• Thanks 1

That's just pure hatret for  the oldest airliner in Africa   Ethiopian airline is a nice airplane with good service. The people are very decent if you ask me. Accidents happen all the time qaddarallhu mashafaca  the pilot was Muslim.

Secessionist boy, I know you worship anything Xabashi, including buying their jaad daily, but there are real Soomaalis who care about the plight of Soomaalis in Soomaali Galbeed and its Xabashi occupation. Xabashis will never get a shilin from me as long as they are occupying illegally Soomaali Galbeed.

They can keep their crappy airline with their crappy services to themselves.

Xabashida hadaad necebtihiid iska daa  Somali galbeed oo mid adiga kutaala ba maba ahe  anagay nootala sida taloogeleyo  waxad ku horeysa halku tolka joogo baydhabo ka  xoree. Ama  kan derderen eeh farmaaje  eeh aadno  xayasiisid eeh labbada ka  oromada iyo tigrayguba ku shaqeystaan. Baad siyaasadisa diidi lahayd. Laakin  xanuunkala kuhayo waan garanaya, taasina wa  Somaliland nacayb  mid cusub maha. Xabahidu gurigaagay joogan  qori qaado  lasoo dagalaan. Halkan haka  calacaalin  oo  xin hala  fadhiyiin diyaarad  Baan necebahay iyo naag xabashiyada  si  xun  iiso eegtey. Nin wadankiisi xabashi ku  casumay iyo Bantu oo hadane leh waxan ahay Somali dhab  oo xalaal ah  waa  waalidi ugu dambeyse.

Saalax   
4 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

I always wondered why would any sane Soomaali fly Xabashi airlines. I remember years ago looking for airline ticket to buy, and going to this Soomaali-owned travel agency, whom had a guy I knew who worked there. That guy wasn't there, but a Xabashi lady was working.

After asking her the lowest available prices, she quoted this Xabashi airline. I laughed at her face and told her point blank that I would never fly a Xabashi-owned airline, even if it was free. She was kinda shocked, asking me why repeatedly. I told her no need to state the obvious. I told her I will come back when the guy I knew was there.

I have never used Ethiopian airlines either. I would rather use Daalo airlines and Jubba airlines. Supporting Somali business first.

On 3/14/2019 at 10:27 AM, Holac said:

Is the CEO of Ethiopian Airlines Amhara or Tigrayan?

Very sad story. It is devastating for the reputation of Ethiopian Airlines.

He is Tigray. Actually both the Amxara and to some degree Oromo accuse the Tigray of being more than 65 percent of the employees.

Actually it ended up raising their reputation. Its Boeing that has suffered. Ethiopians sending the black box to France and not getting rail roaded by America brought them also some respect.

18 hours ago, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

They can keep their crappy airline with their crappy services to themselves.

That is what extreme hate can do to you. There is a million crappy things about Ethiopia, but Ethiopian airlines is an exception to the rule. Its the only corporation that is in competition with European, Asian and American, in the world of its area, air transportation.

From Brazil, to Canada, to Middle East or Norwey, to Japan/China...its everywhere in competition with the best.

Denying them your business is acceptable, but denying they are something to look up to is madness. In a few years you will see how they will build Air Djibouti as regional airlines and Djibouti airport as a major hub.

The sooner Air Somalia invites them with shares, the better since many African airlines are doing the same. When Djibouti becomes share holder in Ethiopian airlines, Kenya airways will go down and become partly owned by Ethiopian and Djibouti.

galbeedi   

Ethiopian Airline is the leading airline in Africa. They are flying many places around the globe. I flew 12 hours direct from Toronto-Addis without stopping Europe. Their food service is much better than western airlines. 

The main problem is boeing by designing a software that  is sending the airplane to noise dive. unless the plain stabilizes and gets to the right altitude, it is difficult for the pilot to manually control a plane going up and down.

Last week I was at the town of Bishufu (formerly Debra Zait) just 50 km from Addis , where the plane went down which is Oromo zone.

It is one of the few success stories in Ethiopia and Africa.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:15 PM, Saalax said:

I have never used Ethiopian airlines either. I would rather use Daalo airlines and Jubba airlines. Supporting Somali business first.

Sax, Saalax. You will ever hardly find a Xabashi who uses a Soomaali business. For example, xawaaladaha, xataa Dahabshiil, you can find other communities like South Sudanese, Kenyaatiga and Oromos using it, but never a Xabashi (and Tigreys).

Marka iyagoo dhulkeena heysto sababtaa shilinkeena ugu daraayo maxee tahay. This airline, like others, really make a considerable profits from Soomaali diaspora. Heck, even diyaaradda dhacday, which was on a short trip within Bariga Afrika, had more Soomaali passengers than Xabashi if you exclude the crew. You can imagine those flights that go to North America and Yurub, which would have more Soomaali diaspora than any Xabashis. We are people geedi socod badan, dhoof badan, dalmar wada ah, unlike other communities in Afrika. Compared to our population, we damn travel a lot more than those tens of millions of other communites.

So, we urgently need a national airline back on air, the sooner the better. For a start, Jubba and Daallo should formally merge with one name and modernized fleet, instead of the current code-sharing state and old airplanes, as the power providers did in Muqdisho iyo nawaaxigeeda. They merged, si heersare ayeena shaqeeyaan, investing heavily infrastructures.