Amigos

Game Over for Col. Xaare: East Sanaag declares he is not welcome

The people of East Sanaag declare Col. Tipsy aka Xaare persona non grata 😀

The day Col. Caare changed allegiances to the Somalia Flag, that was the beginning of of his downfall. 

One thing is for sure, he won't be using Puntland as a launch pad for attacks on Somaliland soil.

1 minute ago, Suldaanka said:

The day Col. Caare changed allegiances to the Somalia Flag, that was the beginning of of his downfall. 

One thing is for sure, he won't be using Puntland as a launch pad for attacks on Somaliland soil.

You were attacking me for seeing him for the turncloak he was. I believe an apology is long overdue ...

Col. Caare was on the record that he was 'still a Somaliland soldier' and I took him for his word. My initial position would not have changed an inch if he was still a Somaliland soldier. Also, I openly supported all the issues that he initially listed. Somaliland's National Army will decay, if it doesn't renew its contract and review and improve itself everyday. The things that he addressed in his initail videos were things that I think help Somaliland's National Army if addressed and will make them stronger. 

But since Col. Caare no longer comes under the Somaliland umberalla, I no longer think he can represent those issues. So as the old saying goes 'when the facts change' you have to change positions too. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

But since Col. Caare no longer comes under the Somaliland umberalla, I no longer think he can represent those issues. So as the old saying goes 'when the facts change' you have to change positions too

Suldaanka,

Although I see what you are getting at in here, and I kind of agree with you there, but when he was even in Ceel-Afweyn's military base-area, and he did "mutinied", then that to me was an act of opening of a "Pandora box". And it was to me a "no-go-area" at all.

Because it could just happen that tomorrow some another Colonel in our military (say for example a Colonel in one of our army's bases in Awdal region) may say that he doesn't agree with many things in which the elected government of the day is doing it in Hargeisa. And therefore he is going to "mutiny" from the army with a contingents of soldiers from the army's barrack in which he just happens to be the commander of it.

Which was what this Col. Caare actually did.

And as you can see that will destroy any army worth of the name, as well as end any notion of army discipline. And of course, it also end any legitimate "democratic notion" of having a civilian's elected government running the country whilst on the other hand the military will be guarding the nation and leaving politics well alone to the civilian's politicians.

It may be a wholly naive view of the world, particularly of African's world of politics, but that is only road open to our army if we want to avoid the army being the "back-seat" driver to the politics of the nation, going forward.  

However, be that as it is, it seems that he made it easier for Somaliland when he crossed the "Rubicon" (as it were), which was when he actually have decided to take the "cheap shillings" of certain Mr Cheeseman of Villa Somalia and therefore come openly under the flag of Somalia.

Hence, once he did that, then even his immediate sub-clan (i.e., Sacad-Yonis of Ceel-Afweyn) start disowning him. Let alone the larger HY as well as the extended family of the "duriyadda" as well as Somaliland as whole, who collectively decided to drop him like so much of a "hot-potato". Given from that point onward he became the "real enemy" of Somaliland in one identifiable piece, even if he is supported and helped by our enemies in places like Garowe and in Mogadishu.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The support shown to Col. Caare by Eastern HY, was purely on political/economical. I think in terms of economics, they have got a lot from Pres. MBC. But in terms of politics, Col. Caare has failed. He could have had much bigger affect if he sticked to his Somaliland and pushed for reform. Because in Somaliland, the only path to power is through the ballot box, he has no chance trying otherwise. 

Hence, this blue flag thing he now sports neither gives him the benefit of the doubt that he could have enjoyed from East HY menfolk. Nor will the blue flag get him out of his conundrum.  

Since he will not dare to cross the border and cause security issues in Somaliland from now onwards. The question remains, how long will Puntland accommodate him in Qardho as a lame duck? That is the only question that needs answered here. 

• Like 1

He now has one option to survive longer..join the Somalia army become a general and go and fight al shabab.

Puntland will never allow him to operate from their state.

Let alone him even ONLF was never allowed to operate from Djibouti, Somaliland, Puntland and SW.

Thanks to face book age we all heard about him. So many warlords of districts and provinces have gone without next district knowing about them.

1 hour ago, Suldaanka said:

Col. Caare was on the record that he was 'still a Somaliland soldier' and I took him for his word. My initial position would not have changed an inch if he was still a Somaliland soldier. Also, I openly supported all the issues that he initially listed. Somaliland's National Army will decay, if it doesn't renew its contract and review and improve itself everyday. The things that he addressed in his initail videos were things that I think help Somaliland's National Army if addressed and will make them stronger. 

But since Col. Caare no longer comes under the Somaliland umberalla, I no longer think he can represent those issues. So as the old saying goes 'when the facts change' you have to change positions too. 

Its was very naive of you to take him at his word. 

He was a soldier who openly deserted his post and declared opposition to the democratically elected leadership, using the clan card in establishing a clan-based group of renegades. Even if he was "still a Somalilander soldier" (whatever that means.. one can not desert his post and remain a member of the armed forces), his actions were setting a dangerous precedent as Oodweyne outlined above for any disgruntled soldier to follow. 

The issues he declared are beside the point, he went about it in absolutely the wrong way, that much was very plain to see from the get go. 

Its alright, you made a mistake.. Dont be like Xaare, admit you got it wrong. 

Caare  is not the First traitor and will  not be the last in Somaliland. How ever  he will defect back to Somaliland eventually they all come home.  Ninkan waxbe yaan la buunbuunin wa nin cadhooday. Oo  marki  dambe bila arin Noqday.

• Thanks 1