Sign in to follow this  
Maymuunah

girls, I am eagerly wanting your help here

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Sareeda:

.I also used to hear..you get close to the fire..gabar you are done?

every time i come across a girl who bleached herself, i wonder.. who the hell is she fooling?? I mean its so obvious she is bleached up.. even a bat can tell… normally her face would be reddish pink, her lips, ears, joints, and elbows are darker than normal..

it’s a major turn off for me walaahi.. and most guys I know despise it too.. so abaayo don’t do it.. its gonna make you look UGLY..

zynab   

when i firs heard about this bleach stuff i thought to myself how brave they were then later thought these girls wouldn't do it if they knew the chemical in it. how grazy is it to put bleach on to ur face.

Stay the hell away from that stuff. This article is a few years old but do read it:

"Bleaching action can take weeks or months to work and when women stop using the creams they cause hyperpigmentation - patchy or blotchy skin - which is caused by the accumulation of toxic hydroquinone," says Jolly. "If it penetrates below the outer layer into the dermis it causes collagen fibres to thicken, leading to possibly irreversible damage to connective tissue in skin cartilage and premature aging. Once in the blood stream it can cause liver and kidney damage and lead to organ failure."

Women do not always realise that it is the lightening cream which has destroyed their skin, because initial results are often encouraging. However as the product builds up the damage begins and exposure to the sun while using the product causes the skin to darken, a development which encourages women to slap on even more lightener.

Here's the full article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,3899316,00.html

Curly   

From what I know you should never use that cream.

Did you know that you can actually develop facial hair and way more spots that you can ever imagine!

Chances are you develop acne and get sun burned easily! Most women I’ve seen, after time also get dark marks around their cheeks and their skin colour looks horrid and unhealthy.

So my advice is DON'T!

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I’m afraid there are no girls to help you today. It’s just me here now, I moved in last month. I live on the third thread on your left when you’re heading towards the Camel Milk Debate section. Nice to have made your acquaintance; I’m NGONGE, I come in peace, to infinity blah blah...

Anyway, about your dilemma! My advice to you is not to do it. I’m a man and even I can spot the fake ones a mile away. It’s just not natural for a black woman to get red cheeks in hot weather. I’m sure there are countless products out there that can help you keep a clean and fresh skin without having to resort to bleach! Diana, Fair & Lovely and all those other products are what low caste Indian women use to look fair and get a high born husband. Our beautiful Somali girls don’t need to rely on chemicals to get a husband surely?

When the Pen insulted the Pencil, he called him rubber face.

:rolleyes:

Sareeda,

If you know what's good for you...run the other way. People become DISCOLORED...and you might be susciptle to skin diseases! You do not want to use DIANA...besides, maybe you need to change yourself and how you think about your skin color, and solve the underlying problems than put chemicals to your face. Not worth it!

STOIC   

they will be a prosecution case against all who logged in illegally once the website is up.So brace yourself and get ready to face the famous jury (you know what jury iam talking about i forget who was involved namewise).

IL CAPO   

Don't ever use it and if you do then make sure you don't leave home especially on summer days when it is scorching hot and forget about ever entering in the kitchen or you will end up looking like what we call "Ay Janaay".

P.S and i thought you only bleach clothes, i never knew there were some people out there who were mad enough to wash their body with JIK.

What is this world coming to?

OH guys some of your replies scared the hell out of me. I never really intended on putting anything on my face i was just curious. i had a friend who suggested it to me and I was afriad of it so I decided to come here and ask you guys.alhamdulilahi i have a fair skin but somehow oily but insha allah it will go a way as time progresses. so thank you all for the honest advices... I WILL RUN A WAY FROM IT AS FAR AS I CAN AS DA SUGGESTED.....NEVER USED IT IN MY LIFE JUST CURIOUS OKEY BUT GLADLY I KNOW NOW THE SIDE EFFECTS OF IT AND I AM GLAD I NEVER ATTEMPTED TO DO IT.

Originally posted by Sareeda:

alhamdulilahi i have a fair skin

have had too much exposure to the whole skin colour issue lately to respond to this reasonably.

someone read my mind and organise the thoughts into something constructive.

Blessed   

^^^LOL! I hear you sister!

Basically, Sheherazade is trying to put across the fact that beauty is not defined by skin complextion as many would have us believe. Being ligh-skinned doesn't automatically make you look beautiful.

Black women should accept tehir God given complexions and stop exposing themselves to skin cancer through ther use of bleaching creams.

Constructive enough?