Sign in to follow this  
SeeKer

Have you seen 'THE BRIDGE'?

SeeKer   

What really happens in the last moments before a person decides to end their life? Eric Steel chose to train two cameras on the golden gate bridge to watch people jump to their death. Though not an original thought, a previous doc called jumpers was the vanguard, Eric trained his camera on the most popular suicide site in the world. The camera crew had "guidelines" to call the authorities if they thought anyone was attempting to jump. Even so, there are plenty of footage in the doc of people jumping to death. To compliment the footage of the deaths, there are interviews of friends and relatives of the would be suiciders or the suiciders themselves.

Again the media decides to highlight a problem but at what cost? Would you watch such a film and why? Is there something in humans that is inherently sadistic that compels us to go for such images?

It's a bit like watching a car crash, isn't it? There's something horridly fascinating about such things. There's a German word for it, I think. But no, I wouldn't see such a film.

SeeKer   

Death is entertainment. Noticed how many horror movies people watch, what about the hunters and shooting animals for pleasure.

Val, don't you think a documentary like that has a use? Even if its to bring the debate on suicide to the public front.

Originally posted by SeeKer:

Noticed how many horror movies people watch, what about the hunters and shooting animals for pleasure.

Yeah, my favourite genre is Snuff films. All the grisly scenes give me quick blood rush.

SeeKer   

Are you peddling something Mr Socod_badne? Or do you get your jollies from being snotty :D

Ps:- I am asking cause I would like to put you in a box and prefferably lock and throw it in the ocean. ;)