Sign in to follow this  
raula

Has it crossed you mind ever?

Kool_Kat   

Warheedhe, I think i've been gone for too long...What's up with these SHOOBARO, FEEBARO names...War wuxu ma walaalaa?

N'way, back at the topic...Well, from a married woman's prespective, if my husban got a 2nd wive, waxay noqoneysaa maalikii aduunka ugu dambeysay, aaqirana ugu horeysay!!!

Are you kidding me!!!Well may be not that extreme, but it will be pretty close...If he has only one heart, it should only belong to one woman, at a time...Just like he wouldn't want his wive having 2nd/3rd/etc...

I don't believe every marriage is made to last a life time, though that's the intention at first (well at least most of them)...But if your feelings change or you want more than what you have, by all means, be a MAN about it, ee naagta iska fur...

Ceebtaaba waxkasto kaaga daran!!!Walee nin i qabaa naag labaad ila guursan, anoo waashay or jiran ma'ogiyee...But who I am to say... :eek:

raula   

sorry guyz couldn't get back to you ASAP coz I was not in the best of health anywayz(alxamdulilah, Iam fine now..and thx to all your prays..much appreciated)

back to the topic:-

It’s not a fresh phenomenal to see/come across polygamous families. But, I am pleased to have gotten your bona fide responses. My intention here was not to smother the image illustrated mostly by the western media about the DECEITFUL husbands, nor SHARING of husbands, but a speculation that is rapidly diffusing in our culture (SOMALI) and has been both implemented religiously (also religiously acknowledged) and NONETHELESS is in observed today. However, my hunch when I was posting the topic was that the western media attempts to render this condition as A TABOO and objectionable (undesirable, improper etc) for all reasons they can find possible-e.g. Immorality, only a man could love one woman, financial responsibilities, children will not like grow fond of either their parents or other step-siblings, etc (and all other lurking variables that you could add). I was hoping some of you would not transpire to such reasons as listed above, but human perceptions are wide-ranging, and that’s a fact.

Any who, (this is to the gals) whether u fond of it or not, u will come across such ‘unparalleled situations’ in your society if not yet experienced and it might even occur to you (if you do, uphold yourselves and optimistically you will adopt to this NU-CULTURE, coz with the state (circumstances) the world is today, its bound to happen and maybe even will ‘hit close to home’-adoo jiran ama fiyoowba, wa haul ku taalo.

FEEBARO, SHOOBARO - magacyaasha baa idiileyba icon_razz.gif Feebaro....lol..adi hadaad ciyaal chokoraa lashekeysan jirtey..wale wax badan bad kafa'ideysate dee ;) .

Mandhowyaal, ya yiri af somaliga somaali keliya baa iskaleh?-so luqaad unba ma'ahan? (i might have messed this mahmah up) -lagabartaa lagabadshee :D miyeey ahayd talow... balo :D

lagabartaa lagabadshee miyeey ahayd talow... balo

haa RAULA waa sax NO balo involved :D but i like the it when yall say that same maahmaah in SWIHALI (tumba in aanin nuuma shuuri yaako weewe) soo meey aheyn taloow NO balo :D:D

PS: my swahili is lil rough around the edges...so pls forgive me .. icon_razz.gif

asxantu

Considered being the first wife and the last both at once. ;)

Then again..I could just about keep my sanity being the first but nobody and I mean nobody leaves me LAST!!

Mental note to self: it is this erratic behaviour that keeps them away. Keep at it...

Tuujiye   

Kool kat adaa mukulaal kuul ah isga dhigay nooh anaga sanbab le kuu heynaa.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. hoo bariska..

waraa Shoobaro raula wey jiratay maxaa ku sameysay kuus yahoo. ma turkaa ka qaniintay gaajaa ku heysay baryahaanee?

wareer badanaa

Tuujiye   

lool kool...saas miyaa ..marka dooli aan kuu soo direynaaasoo baceysan.

Waraa wlc to the baro famili..hada kabacdi waxaa lagu dhahaa.............I will pm you..lol

wareer badanaa

raula   

I wonder if people's perception has changed on this matter or still stays the same. Still, what do some of you have to say about this?

Pucca   

comin from a family where most of the male members have more than one wife, i really dont see a problem with it. my grandfather had four wives, he's fathered so many kids i cant even count... same with my uncles but i dont know whether i'd have a different opinion about it later when i actually do get married,

i know my mothers did. her father,brothers, uncles all have/had second, third or fourth wives, she saw that as a normal thing, but when my dad said he'd go and marry another woman....lord have mercy! dang my ma blew up...she went crazy on us! dang i didn't do anythin but that dacas still flew my way.

wat i dont like is when the guy is unfair and treats one wife better than the other...that gets on my nerves...treat all kids the same, all wives the same, and make sure each wife has a comfortable roof over her head....if that aint gonna happen... stick with just one woman and make her happy.

ta ta

Raula, its nice to have you back.

Regarding polygamy If it will be established in the ideal Islamic decree Im for it ready to compromise and live with the outcome. I find it as a healthy enterprise where a woman has a contract with her husband, share with her fellow sisters in Islam the burden of the daily life chores and have a mutual understanding on the upbringing of the children in the family. It provides each woman security. Well thats my opinion.

Bess.   

y'all sound extremely intelligent and mature...but realisticly...i couldn't handle sharing my husband with anyone...regardless of what religion says or anything....it wouldn't be the kind of life i would wish for myself it has nothing to do with the western world views...it has to do with me...believe me i would have made his life hell...if that happened....besides he would already know my reaction to it...as i would have told him...even if i loved him more than life....i couldn't live with him...knowing that he didn't love me as much....and at the end i would have hated him....that is no kind of life....

peace :(

Qac Qaac   

you make his life hell u r out... he stays with his 2nd wife don't u think...

Sissade.. runtii... u amaze me. all the women here almost 98-99% said no to it.. but u different and unique....

p.s. i think.. u will only be from here. the only woman who doesn't get her husband shared... coz u know humans.. wixii loo diidaa way sii jecladaan.

unique waaw.