Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Have you had any racist encounters??

My stay in the UK has been miraculously racism-free for the most part. The only problem I have ever encountered was with a former neighbour...but I suspect the guy was a few prawns short of a full cocktail, so lets disregard it.

I'm more concerned about Islamaphobia. I have been turned down for jobs I was fully qualified for (and sometimes even over-qualified for) and I couldn't figure out why. But after a lengthy investigation, I have come to the conclusion that the problem is my name. I'm being discriminated against because I have a clearly unmissable Muslim surname. Arrgggg!

Now...how do I prove it??

Where are all the employment Law students when u need them? :mad:

NGONGE   

For some strange reason, young girls don’t seem to complain from racism that much. It’s always guys and older people.

The only occasion where I suffered from blatant racism was in my college days. On my first day in that college the lecturer called my white friend (who I knew before I even started that course) and told him to stay away from me because I’ll be a bad influence on him! I never even saw or knew that woman prior to that day. She was Australian (bloody convict). My friend of course, came back and told me everything she said to him. I confronted her and lodged a complaint but withdrew it when there was a possibility of her being suspended. I’m sure she hated my guts but she never ever tried it on again. My marks for her course work were always very high (not sure if it was her being sorry or me making an extra effort).

Tuujiye   

Aduunka hindi iyo Carab (kuwa hada jira) aan ugu necbahay. :mad: :mad: :mad: ............Walaahi Anigana ma ihi qof dadka iska naca. Nacalaa dhagacas kutaal.

xanaaq badanaa. Darman waxaas oo kale hanoo sheegin yaaqee.

Wareer badanaa..

N.O.R.F   

A few years ago, we drove into London and got stopped by the police straight away. A bunch of innocent lads from the sheff ;) . I asked the officer why they stopped us. His reply " because you are a bunch of nikkas in a car". To their surprise we started laughing, so they proceeded to search the car and found nothing (of course) and let us on our way.

Siman   

I haven't had problem with racism, or may be I don't characterize mistreatment as such.

Feebaro wrote:

"Aduunka hindi iyo Carab (kuwa hada jira) aan ugu necbahay. ............Walaahi Anigana ma ihi qof dadka iska naca. Nacalaa dhagacas kutaal"

I hear the some Carabs are weird specially when they are in their homeland.

but never hear about Indians descriminating other people, after all they are subject to social outcost in many parts of the world.

I had numerous cases of islamophobia.......but only one of racism. But that incident was so ****** i wasnt even offended........I just laughed and walked away.

I was walking toward my house when I passed a group of young guys smoking and horsing around. But before I reached them i could tell that they were talking about me but I ignored them and just looked ahead. Just as I passed them...one of the guys yelled "hey Ni99ger...arent u hot under that thing?". I turned around....and the person who said it was my neigher and he was a mix of a black father and a chinese mother. The rest of the guys were white....but it seemed surprsing that he was the one who said that.

Tuujiye   

Siman ani hindida kuma necbi discriminatingka ee waxaan ku necbahay faqrinimada iyo xasad nimada. Specialy sida ee uga daba naageyaan cadaanka.

after all they are subject to social outcost in many parts of the world.

Ayaga oo saas eh bee adiga wili waxee kuu arkaan nigerr why because the white man sees you that way and they like to think them selfs as the white man. Aqash!!!

Iga daa hindi iyo danduurigooda necbiyaa ayaga iyo carabta hada jirta.

wareer badanaa

Baashi   

Racist encounters? many many of them n I gues if u live in the States u r bound to meet someone who is full of himself...

I was driving back fron Dassel, MN (small town about 60 miles west from Twin Cities)...cruising within speed limit between two cars. Now this trooper who was going the opposite direction made a sudden U turn passed the car behind me and activated the siren. I stopped the car and as usual he ran the #'s on his lil computer and couldn't find anything on me so I asked him why he stopped me.

He said I was speeding and went back to his car after what seemed a long time he come back with speeding ticket. My only option was to see him in court...

Pacifist   

Salaam

A spring break visit to DC become horrific for me

So am early at the airport 2 hours before my flight i go to the counter and she asks for my Id i give it to her and she punches in some numbers and the ticket agent looks puzzled she is like oky mrs. &*^^&() i will be right back.

So am just standing by the counter for about 20 minutes am thinking what is going on. SO the lady comes back and tells me to wait. Am bored to death so am just looking around the airport and i see 2 port police coming my way so am thinking damn somebody is in trouble . little do i know its me...

So am like oky at least i can watch someone being handcuffed. YEYEYEYEYEYEY :rolleyes:

So they come to me and they are like miss where are you going. Am like to DC and they asked me why are you going am like Spring break to visit family. While one of them is interviewing me the other is talking on his radio saying Black female last name &^%#*(#) age #% really loud. at this moment am so scared am thinking what the hell did you do young lady. So i asked the police guy is something wrong that am not aware of . This was his answer. Ohh your last name is #%^%$^* And it is a terrorist name so you have to come with us. WE have to take finger prints from you and we have to wait while the fbi sends us your information. I almost cried :confused:

They didn't find anything on my record and they let me go 20 minutes before my plane was supposed to take off. And then when i was passing security they took off my shoes jacket my bag was searched upside down i was wearing my slippers plastic one they put those in the screener. The lady side take off your scarf i said no if you have to search me use the wand. I worked at the security check point before thank fully some my old supervisor saw me and she told them to let me go.

I was getting special screening at every airport i went to.

Now when am flying i get ready for that kind of treatment :D