Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

Have you had any racist encounters??

Jaabir   

The first racist encounter I ever had was back in saudi arabia when i was in the middle school, I got into a fight with the principal's nephew and knocked out tow over his teeth.. with blood all over his cloth we were both taken to the principal’s office. The guy was a religious man (or so he claimed) he kicked me out the school and asked me to bring my father the next day.

I went home and told dad about the whole deal.. I had some cuts and bruises, so dad said “ son not not only you got expelled, but you got your a$$ whooped too??â€

I replied “Dad you raised me better than that.. but u gon see who’s a$$ have been whooped tomorrow â€

We went to meet the principal next morning.. after waiting for like an hour, he finally let us in..

my dad asked him “what happened?â€

The principal goes “Did you send your son to our school to study or beat up the kids of "dadka islameed" (ofcourse that was in arabic :D ) ?â€

Dad “ Well you know how kids are at this age, qouite immature and troublesome?â€

P “ your son had knocked out 2 of my nephew’s teethâ€

Dad looks at the kid and says well my son have been hurt too, but we can have them settle their issues and shake hands right nowâ€

P “ I don’t think so, the kid is hurt and he bled lots of blood “

D “ Well my son was hurt and he bled lots of blood too â€

P “ you gonna have to pay him 1000 ryials ($400) to cover his medical bills.. Saudi blood doesn’t come cheapâ€

At this point my dad simply lost it walaaahi …. He flipped like hell and said... “ Excuse me… and whats my son’s blood would be ya Yahooodi ?

P “ no he is a (Cabd) (nigger in Arabic)…

The next thing I saw was a cabinet full of trophies crashing down to the floor and my dad beating the shit out of principal's a$$.. to the principal's dismay and utter bad luck this incident took place during the break time... so all the students who always feared his ruthless a$$ watched him get beat up like a sissy boy…… teachers rushed in to break up the fight… and cops were called.. me, dad and the principal were asked to show up at the police station. The principal sent out the kid’s dad and had him request from my dad to drop all charges and have me come back to school the next day.. dad hassled him for a while before finally accepting it..

That was the first and last day I saw my dad in a fight… I am so proud of what he did walaahi…. :D

So have you ever had any racist encounter? Did some Arab or White supremacist toss a racial slur at you because you are black ?? Share your horror stories ;)

dawoco   

Darman, Aabe ispiritos waaye yaah...lol u trouble maker.

I never had to deal with white racists as such.. I have seen many Marocans that hated our guts just because we were black and they were a little bit lighter.

They themselves were being blamed for everything that went wrong in Holland, and yet they had no quelms about attaking Somali's whenever the oppertunity presented itself.

Why is it that arabs can't see everyone as fellow islamic brothers/sisters instead of seeing them as inferiors?

Qac Qaac   

Tell ur arab loving peaple... they know who they are...

Topic ka waxaa si fiican u kala dhigi doona Qac baro aug 13th.

Sincere   

Everyone at one point or another falls victim to racism in some shape, form or fashion.

Thierry - not to change the thread topic but the mention of sweden makes my skin crawl. Ive seen 2 guys who were there in the late 70's early 80's who came back to somalia and were complete lunatics. I dont know what exactley transpired, but no amount of medication or wadaad could cure them. Last i heard one of them is still sick. I know this is common everywhere nowadays but back then it was unheard off

Modesty   

LoL Darman, your dad did the right thing!

Anyways, I had a little racial encounter once at this job I worked at.It was this summer, and although I have a second job, I got this other on call job which I used to work at before.I accepted the call, needing to make a few bucks. So, I go there, the only black people their is this sweet lady from Camaroon, and me.The place is full of hippy red-neck middle aged women. Anyways, since I worked here before, I knew what to do.It was a warehouse type job, and my job was basically to detrash the plastic off the clothes, cut up boxes and put sizing stripe on some clothes. When I came in the manager told me to start doing something, one of the ladies said you can detrash. I happily agreed.I then noticed the middle-age white ladies weren't doing any intense work like detrashing which really pained my arms, but they were simply putting sizing stripes on shirts.In fact it was just me the the other African lady who were doing the intense work. So when I got done detrashing my fourth rack of clothes, I wanted to do what they were doing to rest a bit, but as soon as I moved to their table one of them said..'ooh, you have to also remove those hangers on those pants' Pissed off and tired, I nicely agreed again.This time, my blood boiled a bit and I was determined not to be second classed.When I got done with the that, I picked up a box so I could open it and start sizing it, when one lady said,' go detrash that other rack'. I looked at her firmly and said: look, I'm not going to detrash that rack, I'm going to size,I've been here for 4 friggin hours and my arms are tired.The look on her face was utter shock and she in aw replied, 'ok, sure' I got what I wanted. I learned one important thing I always knew and that is never get punked or be treated like a second class citizen.

loooooooool darman walaahi waan ka cabsaday ur daaad.....ameeta bachan/ali dheere..lool...it's good thing....but if it was my dad it would hav been a different scenerio....mike tyson shyt i tell ya ..i dhon konow wat with my daad and EARS.. dude is obsessed..daaym

am dead serious when i tell you this ...i freaking hate CARABS...period,fullstop :mad: :mad: if am cabd am cabdilaah only.

asxantu

Jumatatu   

My worst racist encounter is us Somalis calling the Bantus from Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania, etc....adomo, xabashi, nin/nag madow, cabiid.

Just as Dawoco was refering to the Morocons :

I have seen many Marocans that hated our guts just because we were black and they were a little bit lighter.

We Somalis tend to believe we are superior to other black races and inferior to those we deem lighter ( you should see how we bend a lot just to please them ) this hurts me more from the racist slur I encounter from the arrogant white race. Not to mention that we also have class system in our society were social integration with some of us is totally prohibitted.

Salma   

The worst rasicm i've ever seen is the Somali Blind Tribalism. But,I'am not gonna get mad from all the Somali ppl coz i know not ALL of them are rasicts, only the Sick-minded ppl who still live in the Dark Ages. Specially those Somalis who think themselves the purest blood in Somalia, the blue blood masters, who belittle other somalis and call them low-level ppl or without origin.

I have a close friend who loved a somali guy, lets describe him this way: Muslim-Somali-Decent-handsome-funny with charming personality, who works in a good job. I know the guy personally,he is a man,a real gentleman, we rarely find men these days. We have many MALES and few good MEN. He went to her family and the family refused him coz "asal ma'aha", "what does asal ma'aha means? it means we don't know him, we don't know his parents, or ancestors, actually we don't marry from them. It's scandal to marry from them. No need to mention why they think "asal ma'aha" coz i hate this ********* .

Anyway,the girl tried her best, but it seems what what is engraved in our people's mind will remain till the Doom Day probably. At the end,She had to choose between her love and her father and her family. And she choosed her family and her father's satisfaction.

End of the story

But does it mean she has to hate all the Somalis or only the sick minded racists.

So plzzz not all Arabs are racists, as Somalia has sick-minded ppl also the arabs have Sick-minded ppl in their societies who call others Nigga, black,African or Asal ma'aha whateva the name is.

Its very funny when a muslim try to convince the non-muslims that not all Muslims are terrorists nowadays. How can we convince them if some Somali muslims here are hating Arabs and calling them ALL racists??If one Sick Saudi hurted or offended Darman, it doesn't mean that all Saudis are racists. If one hopeless morrocan annoyed Dawaco or her friends, it doesn't mean that all Morrocans are racists.

Understood Dear Nomads!!

Peace

Salaan...

Yes, indeed, I had witnessed ugly racism under many of its shadows; under many of its disguises.

I have had been called a boon for hundreds of years by a brother who speaks my language, who doesn't allow me to marry his sister.

I have had witnessed racism in its clearest term, for I have had been called adoon; a brother whose heritage and mine go to time immemorial calls me a 'slave.' I still smile, hoping one day he would realize his blunt mistake.

I have had been debased in front of hundreds of thousands of people with the term midgaan by a brother who shares my faith. I still try to smile, and pray one day he would come to use his full, not impaired, judgement.

I have had been belittled in front of my own children with a demeaning name jareer for decades and decades, by a brother who shares my own culture. I still try to keep smiling and hoping to look forward that one day he would realize his shameful ways.

I have had been called yibir, yaxar, tumaal, gabooye, and countless other derogatory names under the guise of friendly names.

I am still experiencing this from a brother who looks like me, who speaks like me, whose faith resembles mine, whose culture isn't alien to mine.

And to top of that, I had finally being called an "other." If that wasn't enough, I am now a "minor." On the verge of being an alien, I am finally an "other" and "minor" whose opinion and existence is ignored completely. However, I am still smiling, forgiving and praying for my brother to come to his full senses.

I am still smiling...

Jaabir   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Don't smile, saaxib. Get Darman's father to beat that brother up for you instead.
:D

Duluf... he might beat you up as well for saying that :D:D