QUANTUM LEAP

Do names go out fashion...

Is this my old friend Shaqsi?

War manooleed igaarka? Maan, had it been years ago or was it only yesterday. Long time, indeed, duqa.

Xaalkaaga iyo nafta aboosto ii dheh. Great.

NB - The moderators do not have to worry about who changes their usual diracs or hoosgundis or not, since their original diracs and macaawiiso, including goorgorada iyo rajastiinooyinkooda and to those with hoosgundi with their califalaaxs -- all of it is stuck with them. It comes as a perk being a MOD. :D

BOB   

Ari heedhe Baashi...Ari maad inanta gabanka ah faraha ka qaadid..ba'aa? ma iney caano qaayisay kugu shubtaad rabtaa?

back to the topic...I was told that my current name BOB has a nasty twist into it but still I wouldn't change it because I like it.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Baashi   

:D
@Boowe/Baaye. Ebedkeey waxaan arki jiray islaamo indhaha isku haayo oo hadalkaas isticmaalaayo. Nin ma arag SOL ka hor. Wallee maalinba wax uun baad maqli.

Is this ur way of taking stab at reer Barri? Have u ever been in Cabdicasiis the Kaambo Amxaaro neighborhood? Guess not :D Well you would have noticed had you lived there that one they -- the folks who have that dialect -- are not senile old hags and two they are wide eyed fellas who do see as everyone else capisce dhuubo?

BOB baharo ee ka madhaatay oo ramaxyaal ah aa sheema raco goona bushay. Quuq layaal am rijo wukaan am ha'ee. Dhows dheh fowqal dhows

Kool_Kat   

^Na iga yimaa sime sheemta fa'niji oo bactaan he aa ka costo...Waa nurtaa, xameey Reer Rabi ka qataan...Sheemtaan waxgii labaro aal la'is ka geeshaa...

Kool_Kat   

^Naa soco, ilka jajab macalin hindi waaxid...LOL...Afkaaga maba soo gali karaanee...Teeda kale fa niji aan qa'aanaa maa iga cadh cadh niisee? Coso, liko bajbaj xaawid...

Khalaf   

loooooooooooooooooool@ Rednecks. hahaha Che.

Aboowe/Boowe sayin that to another dude wa iga haraan.......that dont sound right if i may so but hey.

Paragon   

Reer bariga are the funnest/reer minshaar people Ive met really. I just love how my cousin speaks - its just a comical dialect. They are far from mean, I tell you.

I heard there was once a war Gaalkacyo, markaasaa reer Barih lagu yiri gurmad soo dira and so they did. Waxay lugeeyaan oo ay socdaan maalin badan kadibba, habeenkii dambe ayey magaalada Garowe O ka qabteen . Subaxdii unbeey dadkii magaalada ku waa bariisteen iyagoo O laga hayo? markaasaa la weydiiyey nimankii reer Bariga who they were - they identified themselves. The news was broken to them that they were surrounding Garowe no Gaalkacyo, and their response was : 'Ba'a, ari boowe dhul intaan ku soo lugeyney ayaaba inaka badan, wixi intan ka weyn waa inaku gargarro ', and immediately headed back to Bari.

I thought Qardo markay maraanyaan rasaasta furayn. And then claimed Galkayo xoreenay.

P.S.Atleast reer Bari reer Xamar aka Cadde ee dhamaan.Waxaa la yiri Garowe xabsiga rag laga baxay,markaas Cadde lawaydiiye wuxuu ka qaban lahaa, and he said," Walaahay maxaa laga qaban karaa noh furayaashalay in labadalo lee waaye".

I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure how to explain it. It's incomprehensible. Trends and fads are appropriate for inanimate items such as hair, clothing, automobiles, and so on. However, I am irritated by name phases, fads, and patterns.

TRADITIONAL NAMES ARE MY FAVORITE. I dislike trendy, new names for both boys and girls, regardless of race. I've never had children, but if I did, I wouldn't give them names like Dweezil Moon Unit or Faith Sunday, much less a modern black name. I wouldn't call them Trip or Axel either. Aiden is acceptable because it is a common name (even though most people are unaware of this), and Josh and Jennifer are both traditional names.