QUANTUM LEAP

Do names go out fashion...

Well as it is I have been away from this site for a while now and it looks like everytime I login there is I see new names I cant recorgnise though they could easily be my past next door neighbour taking cover. I suppose alot of folks around here do lie a lot and ofcouse need to change names as they either get bored or come back with a different nick so they wont be recorgnised. Now Im wondering if this is a mirror into the changers psych!

Why would change your nick and does it do you justice to do so? Is it because you luck creativity, hiding, embarassed, hit a snug or just need a new fashionable name?

Kool_Kat   

^Quantum, WELCOME BACK!!!

I still have the same name from day one...I was away too for like two years, and when I came back, alot of people changed their nicks...To this day, I am not used to the new names, nor do I know who is who...

I, too, will wait for the answers for those who changed their nicknames...

Kool_Kat   

We'll wait and see...I think most of them just got bored with it, or didnt think it was cook any more, who knows...

BTW, nice signature...Me like... :D

Blessed   

Woah! That's sounds so sinister, brother. My reasons for a nick change is that as a person I don't always remain the same, my style, out look, and motivations, interests change and evolve and that's reflected in my nicks.

The main reason why I jumped the name changing waggon in the beginning was that people *axem* started to think that Ameenah was my real name! :mad: icon_razz.gif

Oh! and halkan eeg..SOL Deed Poll

Blessed   

^LOL. That's the million dollar Q, why did you change your nick?

Bisika@ KK! That's such an evil thing to suggest, I'd never do that to my beloved tweety, never! :( Ialayn yaanyur uunbaad ahayd.. :mad:

He (Tweety) grew up, so I set him free. smile.gif

Kool_Kat   

^Waaba yaabee, I thought you were implying inaan cunay anigi - you know with the yaanyuur thingy...lol...Tweety was a HE, and here I thought all these years it was a SHE...I don't like HE tweety birds anyway...

suddenly we r falling for the unfallable.....I love the mystery about names where one hits on the unknown. Tweety was twetterin.. smile.gif

Oh by the I cant remember changing mine but if I did it must have been in the 20th century:)

Haneefah   

I think you might be reading a bit too much into this whole name changing business as I don't believe people have ulterior motives when changing their nicks.

It might just be due to boredom, trying something new, or because the name has a deeper meaning that somehow reflects the state in which the person finds him/herself, or a state they love dearly and aspire to reach. Wide range of variables could be the answer, though I doubt people put so much thinking into it.

Adigu se, whatever happened to SHAQSI? Ma waxbaad qarineysey markaad badalatey? smile.gif

Originally posted by Zenobia:

The main reason why I jumped the name changing waggon in the beginning was that people *axem* started to think that Ameenah was my real name!

I still think Ameenah is your real one. icon_razz.gif