Saalax

There will be no new Berbera corridor just the old Siad Bare road being reconstructed says Somaliland region official based at UAE

God,  RIP Siyaad barre.

War aduunka niman ka gacanta adag majiraan carabtaas, lacag kastoo haysataan faqriga baa daaqad laga tusey. Waa laga yaaaba tumasho  in wax  ku bixiyaan.

• Thanks 1

Saalax   
4 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

God,  RIP Siyaad barre.

War aduunka niman ka gacanta adag majiraan carabtaas, lacag kastoo haysataan faqriga baa daaqad laga tusey. Waa laga yaaaba tumasho  in wax  ku bixiyaan.

Yep.Specially the UAE. 

13 minutes ago, Saalax said:

Yep.Specially the UAE. 

And when I heard corridor, and investment, I honestly thought something not as big, but at least ambitious., Never thought of repair work on old SIYAD BARRE regime road.

2 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Hello Folks,

One of the things that this place has more than it has any other material in abundance of it, is that of "ignorant trolls" who in turn have a putrid hatred for Somaliland in their hearts and nothing else. And why do I say that? Well, let’s start with the notion of finding out as to how to build an infrastructure or even road systems and then ask in earnest as to what method ought to be used to do it.

And in here we can say that, unlike the trolls in this place who knows nothing of anything larger other than their daily tiresome business, such constructions invariably start with a simple inquiry which in turn pose the question of whether the road systems that are in existence on the ground already are themselves usable as a “territory” in which a new road systems will be build on top of it.

Or whether the existing roads do not give an actual and sufficient "demarcated topology" on the ground in which a new road on top of them can be build it? And this means you are in effect inquiring whether  the "Soil Mechanics" of the ground is of sufficient solidity to which to build things on top of it. 

Hence in the case of "Berbera Corridor", there is already “patterned topology” on the ground (i.e., broken territory), which was the old rudimentary road, whereby a new modern road systems can be build on top of it.

This is essentially what happens in the development of any large scale road systems construction in the world over. And in particularly when you want to build a new road systems afresh, given that the cost of opening-up a new “virgin territory” for new roads can be minimized if such roads were to be build on the already opened areas or on top of existing roads.

But, this kind of engineering issue (of re-using old land in the service of new road systems) is not something the ignorant trolls of this joint call SOL are likely to be expected to know, really.

Furthermore, even in UK’s road building systems this is precisely how each interconnecting roads from city to city (or from town to town) was actually build after the modern road systems in UK get going in the early part of 20th century.

It also the same method the US’s highway systems was built by Eisenhower’s Administration in 1950s, which was when old ramshackle flimsy roads that used to "connect" the inter-states commerce of the continental USA's territory were rebuild to a modern standard of the current US’s interstate road systems, which in turn connects all the US's states and region to each other.

So, in short, notwithstanding the puerile arguments of our resident troll in here of SOL, I would say I would rather have a new "heavy tonnage road systems" in Somaliland that can carry big-trailers or haulage-trucks (back and forth from Ethiopia to Berbera and back again) than have no road of that kind at all, even if it means the new road will be build on top of the "old territory" in which the current ramshackle road connecting the region is based on. 

But that is me thinking things through, and therefore not being contend to be merely trifling with a "trolling tactics" in here of SOL. Which is what some hapless cretin around here do it all every freaking time. 

Do you think this is a repair work of existing Karachi -Lahore or new road. :)

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

gooni   

Waxaan ku kalsoonahay in mar un caqligoodu soo noqon doono oo diyaaradan dhagaxa la saaray shacabku ku badeli doono sawirkii siyaad barre allaha u naxariistee.

Ruushka iyo shiinuhu haday muslimaan intuu siyaad barre u qabtay cid u qaban karta majirto carabna warkeeda daa.

Dayac tirka ma garanaysaan macnaheedu wuxuu yahay?

Waa olyo burshaato ama jidka ha la madoobeeyo bridge'kuna waa tuubo biyuhu ka baxaan oo jidka la kor mariyo.

Waxaana arrintaa keenay in sidaa maskaxdooda loogu ciyaaro, qaab kale oo nin waynoo ilmaynaya loo aamusiyo yaan jirin, waxaana ka dambeeyay  abey axmed sidaan filayo.

@gooni

Siyad Barre dadka wuxu uga tagay 5 billion dollar dayn ah. Lacagtaa hadii maanta loo dhigo qiimaheeda waa 15 billion dollars.

Lacagta intaa leeg, halkee ayu geeyay? Waa ognahay in mashruuc walba oo wayn sida dekaddaha, Airport ka iyo iwm ahaayeen deeq ka timid dalalka caalamka sida China.

Wadada aad ka hadlaysa horta waxa deeqda lacagta ah lahaa waa China. Biyaha Magaaladda Hargeisa waxa lahaa waa China. 

Wadada isku xidha Burco ilaa Laascaanood waxa lacagta bixiyay UAE. Halkan ka eeg (Source: Abu Dhabi Fund for Development ) . 

Hada iyo Berbera Corridor, waa bilow, ha ka hordhicin.  

WWW.IN2013DOLLARS.COM

$5,000,000,000 in 1980 is now equivalent to $15,237,065,129.45 in 2018.

Saalax   
13 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

And when I heard corridor, and investment, I honestly thought something not as big, but at least ambitious., Never thought of repair work on old SIYAD BARRE regime road.

Yep. If it ain't going to be a big highway or motorway it is a scam. The Berbera road is already built for the most part. 

On 3/1/2019 at 9:11 AM, Saalax said:

How despondent does one have to be for this against a project supported and welcomed universally by all Somalis even those across trenches fighting against each other.

Djibouti which everybody expects will lose some business (not true) is among most enthusiastic, Kililka which different political groups are at each others throats have nothing but praises and encouragement to finish the project fast.

I am sure even Farmaajo will not say a word on this project. He will keep his mouth shut, since he knows its universally well received project.

It will be modern, divided and also capable to take modern heavy trucks and loads. It will have exits and bypasses to airports, cities around. When connected to Djibouti-Ethiopia highway inside Ethiopia, kililka will have busiest highways cutting through it.

Saalax   
2 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

How despondent does one have to be for this against a project supported and welcomed universally by all Somalis even those across trenches fighting against each other.

Djibouti which everybody expects will lose some business (not true) is among most enthusiastic, Kililka which different political groups are at each others throats have nothing but praises and encouragement to finish the project fast.

I am sure even Farmaajo will not say a word on this project. He will keep his mouth shut, since he knows its universally well received project.

It will be modern, divided and also capable to take modern heavy trucks and loads. It will have exits and bypasses to airports, cities around. When connected to Djibouti-Ethiopia highway inside Ethiopia, kililka will have busiest highways cutting through it.

OD you love sugarcoating things don't you?  many politicians from Somaliland region itself are calling it a scam now.

3 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

a repair work of the old road will have zero impact on Djibouti, they have train-link

2 hours ago, Saalax said:

OD you love sugarcoating things don't you?  many politicians from Somaliland region itself are calling it a scam now.

Since when is building a 21st century road in place of a 19th century road become a scum?

This is actually where even if you hate anything related to Somaliland, would keep to yourself. Its embarassing to oppose something unique where almost all Somalis universally welcome.

How much money would you pay to keep all Somalis in the North all connected, interdependent and interacting with each other in Somali language, Somali culture, visintg each other easily conveniently, intermarriages......not only continue, but dramatically increase.

All this a bonus to the economic activity.

This is priceless.

No difference to building a new road all together, except this is a little bit cheaper only the part of of land acquisition.

I cannot wait to see the Somali Region construction corporation being a big contractor and taking a bigger share in construction workers, engineers, importation duty free of heavy equipment that will last 20-30 years and used on many future projects.....

Duufaan   

Last time I was there, part of road was repaired.  From Berbera to Hargeysa  about 30 km of road was repaired already. The rest all the way to Gabiley was horrible. Wajaale to Jigjiga was very good. The road will not bring bussiness. The Ethiopians will never use Berbera corridor,as Berbera connects Somalia and the Somali region. They will not able to collect taxes as they do in Jabuuti. In addition Somalia  local leaders  from the region will never trust Somaliland leaders, Biixi and others always looking to connect Adis Ababa, rather Jigjiga. Even if the road is repaired nothing will change anytime soon. Biixi has manage to come short time propaganda games but next few weeks he will face the reality once again.