Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Muslim bus driver refuses to drive bus with atheist slogan

Ibtisam   

Now that we've got your attention, here's what really happened.

A bus driver refused to drive a bus carrying an atheist advert. The driver in Question was Mr Ron Heather who objected because the message conflicted with his Christian faith.

The Telegraph covered the story on a fairly factual basis without any sensationalist rhetoric.

Whereas the Mail used the opening phrase "For the devout Christian and man of principle, it was a step too far"

Just imagine how different the coverage would have been if the bus driver was Muslim?

Still not convinced Islamophobia exists?

Mpacuk.org

Telegraph headline:

"Atheist bus adverts: Christian refuses to drive bus declaring 'there's probably no God'"

Daily Mail headline:

"Christian refuses to drive bus with atheist message: 'There's probably no God'"

Kool_Kat   

I heard it on the news this morning on way to school that they were putting those ads on the buses in three cities in Canada: Toronto, Vancouver, and another one...

wayrax   

This reminds me an interesting real story that I was part of early 1990s.

I worked for the USPS (Postal Service) when I encountered an ethiest caucasian beau chick in my workplace.

She was very interesting and out-going and I am a talker of scriptual proportion, a gasbag.

I, to this day, remember how comely the woman was and how I had played my part of great chivalry.

I and the woman, seated on each other's side talked faith, culture, men, woman, and relationship endlessly past midnight while sorting the myriad of mail and parcels that was our collective tasks at the postal service.

I went far to the extent that I used to bring with me the English version of the Qur'an and some other sacred texts. It went on and on and on as we debated and reasoned and debated and reasoned.

On Monday morning in the winter of 1995, I remember my co-worker coming to work modestly dressed; shaking my hand and congratulating me that she converted!

Don't be euphoric here. She told me that she was converted to Christianity. I was speechless.

I still wonder if I had helped my book of good deeds in talking to Sandy to change her faith.

anyone remember when somali cab drivers refused to pick up passangers who carried alcohol in their luggage? it was little too far back, in Minnesota or Ohio. thought that was funny.

anyone remember when somali cab drivers refused to pick up passangers who carried alcohol in their luggage? it was little too far back, in Minnesota or Ohio. thought that was funny.

i must admit i already had the answer prepared to say that he was not comaplaigning when he was driving a bus adversting featuring naked woman etc.