Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Why pretend to be something that u are not somali

Hibo   

I have Question my somali maryooleey...are u ready? Here it goes.

Why have a Car that u can't afford? meaning that u have a odd job or less paying job when you want 2 drive $ 50.000 car...don't get me wrong everybody wants to have a nice car,house and so on..But my Question is Why..especially when u can't even afford to put some gas in your car..This Question goes to all my brothers and maybe some sisters too, cause to me all u doing is lying to your self...lol and also that shows you that we are becoming more materialistic.

Note: there is no wrong answers just want your opininon.

Need a Feedback.

Need a Your feedback.

Abdinuur   

U know....I wonder why!!!

We're becoming too materialistic I guess (bling, bling), but I'm worrying about my tuition now...it's getting way out of control, and can you believe that they just increased it....dang, that's so not good!

Hibo   

Looooool abdinuur...that is true only if u are in school and when u finish school u have 2 start paying the loan that u took...u know what i mean...u are right da tution is very high but i'm talking about the pple who doesn't even go to school..and want 2 have da nice car abd so on...sometimes they have to get 2 or even 3 jobs to pay them car notes..we are becoming like some pple who lives in the ghetto but drives Escalade and so on. hell yeah i want Da Bentley but Da Question can i afford it?

We need to save and budget our money wisely.

Salaam.

Hanna   

yeah i wonder why 2........i know this brother that drives BMW and guess what...he shares one room apartment that is in the Ghetto with 3 other guys....works 2 jobs just to pay the damn thing....why i don't know

p.s yeah u right about the ever increasing tuitions my school just did 5% increase...being a private school didn't help a bit either

salaam

------------------

blue   

It is an instant gratification. I've been abroad for 12 years and I have yet to buy a used car let alone a new one. Well, there are known factors that attract people to buying luxurious cars. For instance, easy financing, low interest rates sometimes 0% and the fact that you don't have to have a well paying job to qualify but just a job that pays the bills. Therefore, it should not be a surprise to see people with brand new cars. If they think it is worth, so be it.

Hibo   

some of us have become so materialistic that we care too much what other people think....

The bottom line is, if they can afford it, then why NOT. They are working their butts off to pay for it so what is bugging you about it. I think we should be grateful for the opportunity of having 2 or 3 jobs so that we are able to indulge ourselves with life’s finest pleasures rather than standing in a queue all day waiting for a handout.

Unknown T,

The “NOT having gas $$$” comments is so true about Londoners (please don’t get pissed at me), in all of my visits to London, I have yet to ride in a Nomad’s car that has more than a quarter tank of gas in it…it’s always on E which kinda makes me nervous. I guess that’s understandable though with the gas prices there almost quadruple the gas prices at where I am used to.

Speaking of quadruple, yeah, that’s exactly what students are now paying at my almamater. All I can say is hang in there guys, you will reap the benefits soon…lol

wizride.gif

Taqwa   

Dear Poster,

It needs to be clarified, that extravagant spending on personal consumption is strongly condemned by the Qur’an . As for the argument against your points, there is a strong appeal to believers to live in this life with the predominant objective of achieving a better one in the hereafter. So the question isn't why do they buy something they can't afford, but ARE THEY HAPPY?

You see life is based on certain principals, regardless of your wealth. When a human beings Imaan is at a level that is regarded Islamically correct, then he or she has no need to show off or consume something beyond their might. Hypocrisy is one reason that we so called Somali's have lately practiced. We believe in the teachings of the quran, its messenger, and the truth it says. Yet we don't put practice to those requirments given by Allah tala.

P.S. You can all drive beautiful cars, marry charming individuals, and even look extravagant infront of others, but what have you achieved. Did you achieve fame, honor, or increased your respect. I laugh when I'm reminded that this world is but a figment of man's imagination. Illusion is your driving force mate's. The sooner you contemplate on these issue's, and why you spend the way you do, the quicker the solution. SIMPLE isn't it.

Cheers,

Taqwa

Taqwa   

Dear Poster,

It needs to be clarified, that extravagant spending on personal consumption is strongly condemned by the Qur’an . As for the argument against your points, there is a strong appeal to believers to live in this life with the predominant objective of achieving a better one in the hereafter. So the question isn't why do they buy something they can't afford, but ARE THEY HAPPY?

You see life is based on certain principals, regardless of your wealth. When a human beings Imaan is at a level that is regarded Islamically correct, then he or she has no need to show off or consume something beyond their might. Hypocrisy is one reason that we so called Somali's have lately practiced. We believe in the teachings of the quran, its messenger, and the truth it says. Yet we don't put practice to those requirments given by Allah tala.

P.S. You can all drive beautiful cars, marry charming individuals, and even look extravagant infront of others, but what have you achieved. Did you achieve fame, honor, or increased your respect. I laugh when I'm reminded that this world is but a figment of man's imagination (so true). Illusion is your driving force mate's. The sooner you contemplate on these issue's, and why you spend the way you do, the quicker the solution. SIMPLE isn't it. If you dont' understand the point behind these comments, then surely see your nearest doctor.

Cheers,

Taqwa smile.gif

ARAWEELO   

The car thing I can understand but $ 50,000 is too much i agree with the poster Mr T, what makes me laugh is when i see some dude standing at bus stops with a cell phone in one hand & a pager hanging from his waist. C'mon now what type of business is he conducting? cwm25.gif

Yaabay anigu wallahi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hibo   

Exactly what I was talking about in one of my threads - Why would you want to tell them they "Can't Do it" or Aim Big??? After all nobody pays for their bills - They'r the ones stuck with it. So Why Do we Care?

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

Unknown T,

There is nothing wrong with buying a nice reliable car. But 50gees bit too much. Are you sure you aint hanging with the big tymers.

Everytime they come around the city is Walac walac.

Hibo   

Loool Common...yeah one of them is my caz..lol...you are talking about 50 gees..i know this fool his car note is 650 every month..and this fool don't even have a gas $$$$..u know what i mean..but he has 2 factory jobs..and the sad thing is he has a family a back home who needs his support.. ..i agree with bro taqwa 100%..but what i don't undersatand is why lie to urself when u know daaaaaaamn right that u can't do it. just a something 2 think about.

I don't meant to upset anybody...but how about this person was ur bro or sister..would u think differently ?

Asalaamu aleikum wr wb.

Unknown T,

Actually my bro owns a $50,000 car and you know what, when I went to visit him, I used it and enjoyed every minute I drove that FINE car. So it feeeeeels reeeeeaaaaaaallllly good.

He is got "ONE, ONLY ONE" DAMN good paying job tho....lol

wizride.gif

mataan   

i think one of the reasons is peer pressure; they dont wanns be teased by their gaalo peers. the other day a somali guy i know bought a big car quite costy, so i asked him why buy this big car. his answer was if i buy a small car who can i pass in the motorway?

i think its ridiculous; buying a car is not a problem cos it is necessity but spending 50,000 on it when u r struggling is not a good idea either.

peace