Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Desperate Somalis Turn to Prostitution In Yemen

Unsigned   

Actions speak louder than words. How/Why and What got them in this predicament is not the point. Either send them money to help ease their suffering or keep your negative views/presumptions to yourselves.

Leave Judging to Allah (swt)

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

Dua and Symapthy for these sisters is well and good lakin runta inaan ka xishono mahan for the fear of appearing politically incorrect.

Well, don't be politically correct and refer to them as sisters. These are prostitutes, not your sisters. Stone them. Kill them dead. :D

On a serious note, neither of us has the full facts on these stories. We read the stories, wondered what would make a woman sell her body in such a way and decided that the conditions and circumstances were so overwhelming these women had no choice but to sell their bodies. In short, we gave them the benefit of the doubt.

You, on the other hand, seem to have no naxarees to spare. You regard prostitution as bad (as does the entire world) and cannot see any circumstances or conditions where the act becomes secondary. You hear the word prostitution and you condemn straight away.

Your aim and reasons for doing so might be right but your timing is totally off, saaxib.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

quote: "Alysia, another divorced Somali woman driven into prostitution, said she had paid smugglers to take her on the perilous voyage across the Gulf of Aden to Yemen. "I have to take care of my son. I have to buy him milk," she said."

contrary to what you may infer from my posts .. I have sympathy for these people in this rough spot but they share a large portion of the blame.
The truth of matter is, If you have the money to pay smugglers .. in my books you are not starving.
Perhaps she ran out of money as all her cash, which could very well have been borrowed from multiple people, ran out... Perhaps she thought she would immediately find a job and resources to feed her children in Yemen, a mirage which most migrants see, but the reality of that "escape" is very different and she might as well have been better off at home. Now she cannot go back home as she has no money and she cannot feed her children as she has no resources. She begs and begs but she doesn't get enough. There is only one door she sees and that is to sell her body.

There are so many other circumstances saxib. Please try to think outside the box instead of jumping to conclusions, or follow Unsigned's example and leave the judging to a higher authority.

NGONGE   

^^ Maybe in other parts of the world, saaxib. Somali prostitutes are some of the most deprived and ignorant people you will ever meet.

Castro   

as I said before brother you are all arguing on the grounds that it is a means of survival and I'm saying survival is possible back home for someone who has the means to to pay thousands of dollars to smugglers

Surely mercy will not descend from the heavens until we show it to those on earth.

Maryooley.

[ February 12, 2010, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Admin ]

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

Prostitutes are some of the smartest and most educated persons you will ever meet.

&

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Maybe in other parts of the world, saaxib. Somali prostitutes are some of the most deprived and ignorant people you will ever meet.

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this exchange here??? :confused:

Sherban & Ngonge - have you guys met any prostitutes and more specifically Somali and non Somali to make such statements??

Originally posted by Sayid*Somal:

quote:Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

Prostitutes are some of the smartest and most educated persons you will ever meet.

&

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this exchange here??? :confused:

Sherban & Ngonge - have you guys met any prostitutes and more specifically Somali and non Somali to make such statements??
I haven't met any Somali prostitutes, but plenty of non-Somali ones.

NGONGE   

Sayid, I don't need to meet a Somali prostitute to know that she is ignorant (as in jaahil) and deprived. Having said that, in the days when I was a part time mini cab controller in Soho.... :D

Malika   

Ngonge,

You sound so certain with your comments,actually it is leaning more on the 'jahiil' side.

Sometime we comment about people as if we know their circumstances..We know jack shidh about these womens lives and their circumstances,reading an article doesnt give us the whole picture..Further more,no self respecting women would turn to prostitution if they could help it.

ps. At the end of the day,each to his/her own in the day of judgement.

Malika   

Have you been a refugee in a non welfare state?

Are you talking of those women,whom deliberate turn to prostitution for the kicks of it?