Sign in to follow this  
Qandalawi

New face appeared, Despicable Image - the Arab world

Is this the fruit of the much anticipated democratization of the Arab world, or has the west acheived its goals? Read on...

Gay Arabs come out in Beirut

Lebanese police provided protection for the first ever gay Arab rights conference which was held several weeks ago in Beirut. The three-day conference of the group, called 'Helem,' received tacit support from Lebanese authorities as well as several non-governmental organizations.

967_mb_file_67ba1.gif

One of the main goals of 'Helem' whose name is an Arabic acronym for 'Lebanese Protection for Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals and Transgenders' is to pressure the Lebanese government to remove an article of its legal code which criminalizes homosexuality.

In addition, they hope to educate the public about homosexuality and the fact that it is not a crime, or a problem to be 'cured,' while many homosexual couples spend their lives together in loving, monogamous relationships.

“In Lebanon, they’re still trying to ‘cure’ homosexuality…So this event is a way for us to explain what homosexuality is," said George Azzi, a coordinator of the group, according to the BBC.

Azzi also supports the development of a more secular and less religious government in Lebanon. “If secularism becomes the trend in Lebanon then gay rights will come next,†he explained.

Lebanese authorities had three months prior to the event to deny official registration of Helem, and did not do so, a move seen by many as tacit support of the government.

This is the second time such a meeting has been held, and this year's even had far greater numbers of participants than at last year's.

Despite the fact that the community is becoming somewhat more visible in the country, many local gays and lesbians refused to be photographed at the event, fearing repercussions from the general public.

Nada, a lesbian participant in the conference, explained that it was easier for women to hide their sexuality, and therefore situation was more difficult for Arab gay men.

Source

Dhubad.   

^ Have they forgotten that they are not far from where the poeple of Lud (used to reside in present day JORDAN) was punished when they had Transgressed?

FatB   

looool@ gay arabs.......

while many homosexual couples spend their lives together in loving, monogamous relationships loool, man hows that for democracy

refused to be photographed at the event, fearing repercussions from the general public.

at least some have brains.....

you now this remindes me of qowmu luud were alah broke the earth right under their feet and capsized it......hopping for a repeat......

Pacifist   

Scarface wrote

Its nothing new they been fagtts for yrs.....arabs are disgusting tossers

Yoll lot are quite funny...Stop generalizing all arabs,, May be some of you hate arabs that is fine but please don't generalize all. Am sure we have Somali GAYS out there. To top it all OUR NOBLE PROPHET MOHAMED (saw) WAS A ARAB.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by ScarFace:

Its nothing new they been fagtts for yrs.....arabs are disgusting tossers :mad:

^ :D ! People don't just turn gay overnight. These Arabs were gays before they even knew it, so the coming out shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

PS: Man, I have not yet gotten over the fact that Anderson Cooper was gay. That really broke my heart.

Abaadir   

Bishaaro posted:

PS: Man, I have not yet gotten over the fact that Anderson Cooper was gay. That really broke my heart.

Is he really?...wajigaa gubay dheh....

Rea   

I once heard this story, where a sucudi man raped this Chinese man….. poor Chinese guy will never say “ me so ho**ny “ anymore !!!

These arabs…and their hopes in becoming more westernized nations will be their ticket 2 hell… inshallah

I hate arabs…

Oy .. someone should introduce a tooth brush 2 them!!!

ScarFace   

Pacifist its true OUR NOBLE PROPHET MOHAMED pbuh was an arab but dont bring him into the convo......some of these arab countries have been faggts for yrs....no suprise if they wanna come out in the open.....one story I heard was How somali boy got raped in saudi arabia by 5/6 arab boys......beat him up so badly after they raped him and left him for dead..... :mad: