Suldaanka

Kenyans ramp up the pressure - We won't secede an inch (read.. even if ICJ rules against us)

Kenya-Somalia border row: We will not surrender any territory to Somalia

Kenya has declared it will not surrender any part of its territory in the ongoing dispute with Somalia over maritime boundary.Foreign Affairs Cabinet Secretary Monica Juma has re-affirmed her position on the maritime dispute with Somalia saying the country’s action on the disputed areas are in bad faith.“We will not cede any inch of Kenyan territory to any government,” said Foreign Affairs Cabibet Secretary Amb Monica Juma.Juma said Kenya is still waiting for a detailed response from the country on the key issues raised indicating that Kenya is trying its best to be ‘restrained’ and not overreact.“Countries have gone to way for far much less than this,” said Ms Juma.The CS in a late evening address noted that there could be sanctions against Somalia depending on the kind of response the country gives concerning the disputed boundary.Part of the explanation, she said, should include an apology to Kenya.

“We will not cede any inch of Kenyan territory to any government,” the CS asserted.The dispute between Kenya and Somalia lies with four maritime blocks rich in oil and gas deposits. These blocks: 230, 231, 232 and 233 are what Somalia plans to auction by the end of the year to the highest bidder for exploration to start in 2020.This is despite at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) which was filed by Somalia five years ago over the maritime zones.

• Like 1

As Cheeseman and Co are too busy selling themselves out to the lowest bidders, in an attempt to isolate Somaliland. They will eventually lose not only the maritime dispute (by force if necessary) and Somaliland as well and maybe more. 

Historians will look back at these events and shake their heads, how could these inept id0its ever ruled Somalia, they will be wondering. 

Duufaan   

Do not be too excited our Bantu neighbor dance. There is nothing to gain applauding their cheap talk. They have always relied on others and you want to rely on them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Suldaanka said:

The silence from Villa AMISom, is deafening, specially after repeated threats and insults from the Kenyans. 

LOL

It's your obsession with Villa Somalia that is deafening.

Koonfurians sold these blocks to kenya. Now they are throwing tantrums 

Kenya is a powerful nation it has soldiers inside Italian Somalia.  There is no way  the cheese admin can win this.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

10 minutes ago, maakhiri1 said:

SOMALI PEOPLE stand together.

Suldaanka, read abit of history, somalis used to beat Kenyans with just spears.

Aabahay Faras ayuu lahaan jiray, dameer ayaan leeyay ayaa dhaanta. 

Times have changed. I won't be surprised if Kenyans arm Ahmed Madoobe's clan to fight Somalia. Somalis fighting from both sides. 

Cheeseman oo kolkay alamtra soo dhaaftay meesha ka kacay. But what can he do? Can he really make the right call here and call a spade a spade or will he crawl back into the cave that he usually goes in like Qalbidhagax hoping that he can weather the storm that way. 

Time will tell. 

Holac   

After watching the video, listening to the voice of the presenter, I couldn't help but think about the article on how to become a dictator

HOW TO BECOME A DICTATOR

RULE #5 Create and defeat a common enemy. 

Dictatorships feed on wars and other external threats because these justify their existence. To attract support, the ruler must be perceived as a defender. Democratic rulers find this tactic more difficult to adopt because most wars are unpopular with voters.

This is actually from Phychology Today website. 

“Never let a good crisis go to waste.” — Winston Churchill

galbeedi   

I really like idea. 

Nations need a threat or an adversary to unite the people.

Waa sidaan yeeli lahaa. Farmaajo is stealing my play book. 

The infighting Somalis need an enemy. I like it. 

It doesn't need much. our friend Dalmar will publish Kenyan soldiers killing Somalis, will fire the facebook and social media, and we got a war of independence in our hands.

Heesana uma baahnin oo kuwii 77 ayaan haynaa. 
Sawahili wareersani war li'idaa

walee warlidaa, Uhurow warli'idaa. 

On 2/23/2019 at 4:02 PM, Holac said:

After watching the video, listening to the voice of the presenter, I couldn't help but think about the article on how to become a dictator

HOW TO BECOME A DICTATOR

RULE #5 Create and defeat a common enemy. 

Dictatorships feed on wars and other external threats because these justify their existence. To attract support, the ruler must be perceived as a defender. Democratic rulers find this tactic more difficult to adopt because most wars are unpopular with voters.

This is actually from Phychology Today website. 

“Never let a good crisis go to waste.” — Winston Churchill

Interesting.

The quote I think is of R. Emanuel who is now Chicago mayor.

I think Farmaajo tried it in the north did not work, actually did the opposite,  and now has to focus on South. Kenya is difficult to use as uniting factor since most Somali do not think much of it. Ethiopia is always quickest, but Farmaajo cannot even think of anything now in that direction.

The other problem is NFD is now where Kililka was in the 2000s, where majority feels to have better position in Kenya.

Haatu   
On 2/27/2019 at 5:24 PM, Old_Observer said:

The other problem is NFD is now where Kililka was in the 2000s, where majority feels to have better position in Kenya.

At the end of the day, people think about what's best for them and their families. Under Kenya there is security, healthcare, education, and development and economic prospects (no matter how limited). That sure as hell beats the conditions prevailing in Southern Somalia. We've tried the independence war thing and it didn't work out. As the Somalis say "Cadowgaada ama waa la iska sugaa, ama waa la iska sasabaa". Sasabid baanu ku jirnaa ee ha nagu mashquulin.