Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

How old or at what age does someone get to be considered an oldy?

Baluug   

I think for women,27 is the oldy age,because that's the age that they inexplicably stop at.It's like they never get any older!!Ask any somali woman who is visibly older than,say,40,her age.She'll say,"I'm 27."

Salaan...

Soomaalidii hore nidaam ayaa u daganaa, oo dadka kala saari jiray da' ahaan, sidee aqoonta dadka u kala duwantahay ayee da'da dadka u kala saari jireen.

Inkastoo maanta badanaa Soomaalida isku qaldaan ereyada da'da loogu waco, ereyada iyo waqtigee u taagan yihiin waa kala duwan yihiin. Hadaadan qaldamin, saan ayaa moodaa:

• Dhalad (ama cunug) {cunuga maalintuu dhasho ilaa hal sano}
  • Nuune (1 ilaa 5 jir}
  • Ciyaal (ama yaryaruurac) {5-9 jir}
  • Barbaar {9-14 years}
  • Qaangaar {14-18 jir}
  • Dhalinyaro {18-35 jir}
  • Joobano {35-45 jir}
  • Duq {45-55 jir}
  • Odey {55-65 jir}
  • Waayeel{65+ jir}
Dadka aan da'dooda ka muuqan, siiba nimanka, waxaa la dhihi jiray: Cuti, Curi iyo Coon.

Howdy MMA..hope everything is good.

Originally posted by

Dadka aan da'dooda ka muuqan, siiba nimanka, waxaa la dhihi jiray:
Cuti, Curi
iyo
Coon

LoL! Isn't curi a male cat?

lol   

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

tip for ladies Go slow on the make up part... yes... u will look great when u r older if u cut on the make up now.. believe you me!

SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE ARE YOU HIBO?
:D:D

I bet u were there when my mom had me...so tell me was it 70 or 69? I am :confused:

Haddad she is all natural walaalkiis.........she had no chemical or surgical corrections at all...........wat u see is wat u get baby boy...

Hibo,

Maybe they didnt use make up, but our people have been using things like sandal wood,..... to beautify and clear their skins. Khol is make up, but also called a medicine for the eye. :confused:

Haddad   

Originally posted by Hibo:

she is all natural walaalkiis.........she had no chemical or surgical corrections at all...........

Hibo, that's hard to believe. From a preliminary search, I found, once her implants drifted so far apart, she underwent a surgery to fix it. It's not nanotech science to deduce someone at that age, with that appearance, has had some corrections to appear so. Someone before said; nothing is what seems. And there's an Arabic proverb that goes like; not everything that shines is silver (gold?).

Haddad   

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

Not everything that glitters is gold.

How do you say that in Swahili? Thank you.

Hakuna Matata means don’t worry for the rest of your day, its our problem free philosophy, hakuna matata – I think that’s how it goes :confused:

Som@li   

Everthing comes back to health, good health, I have seen this guy,and i swear i thought MAx is he 30, but i was told he is grand daddy,and actually he is 55 :confused:

May allah grant us all a good health.

Haddad

Kila kiingaracho si dhahabu. All that glitters is not gold

Pronounced read it like english (key-la key-n'gaa-ra-cho see dha-habu)

OR

Si kila mwenye makucha huwa simba. Not all that have claws are lions.

Animal farm

Hakuna matata is the way to live , No worries in this life. Just worry about the afterlife.

Farxan,

Amin, very true a blessing.

Foxy   

I recken You feel as You are regardless of Your current age, i.e......if You take good care of your health being, physically fit and emotionally happy within your current life status should hold the key, in tune with ur over all well being meaning what U are being capable of...then all should be merry merry.

Qoute

Age is a question of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.

- - - - Satchel Paige

cheers

PS live life to the fullist.....since its too short to count age and its factors

Like WOL said prepare for the after life, where you will not age, just imagine – or just get plastic surgery, face lifts, see a psychiatrist, get laid, laugh a lot, cry a little, work less, sleep more. That's the way :D

Iffah   

I used to think anyone over 35 to be old...but I reconsidered that after I turned 20. Then I concluded anyone 50+ was old, but I didn't like my uncle jokingly calling my dad old at only 54, so once again, I moved up the age, now anyone 65+ is old in my book.

But it's a different story where I work. Apparently 65 isn't that old after all ... it's just anyone that's over 70 and unable to do their own care that's labelled old.