Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

How old or at what age does someone get to be considered an oldy?

Looking at how people take care of their looks these days, 65yrs is old in my dictionary.

FF, I also have a problem on guessing peoples age. Good thing is they dont get offended, they just smile. Coz even they cant guess my age. :D

30 and 40 are old? LooooL. If that's the case then phew that I look younger than I am. A few weeks ago I had to see a new doctor at the clinic. In the middle of what was already a bizarre chat with him(what did I do? I had a beautiful name etc.) a female doctor barges in without so much a by-your-leave. Already sceptical about the first doc's diagnosis(I'm being kind, he was clueless), the lady doctor starts:

Are u Sheh?

Yes

YOU are Sheh?

Yes I am.

You are XX years old?

Yeah

You are NOT XX years old!

Really I am. I get this all the time..

I think she's lying to us(looking at Doc 1)

Doc 1 sits back and agrees with Doc 2

I am NOT lying, I really AM XX years old!!

Doc 2 stands there arms crossed.

I feel 12. And finally leave. I am changing clinics.

Anyway, u people have not met enough fabulous older people if u think 40 is old. Get out and live a little.. ;)

lol   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Hibo...But what about if someone had those experiences at young age??? is he/she old?

Well lets assume u r 20 yrs and u had ur first experience......that adds 10.. now how old r u mentality u r 30...another occurs and u r 40... when third occurs u r 50... u r old.. it has nothing to do with physicals.. rather its the mentality of the person that ages not the body... look at Tina turner.. she is 63 and boy she looks younger than most of us!

Saalixa   

Sheh so you gonaa tell us your secret or just show it off and leave with it?

Cano Geel you are so full of it man! If you think Xalimo who is in the right youthfull age of 21-35 is old then you are going to have none in for you at the markets :D So wake up, grow up and smell the coffee

I Rayaana XX will not sit hear and be threatened by her age. Me no HABAR aight!

I like 35+ men and 30+ women..i just think that is when you start to really come into to terms with life and mannage all your problems (with just a few to not mention).

Originally posted by rayaana:

I like 35+ men and 30+ women..i just think that is when you start to really come into to terms with life and manage all your problems (with just a few to not mention).

So do I beleive so.That is if they act their age.

Viking   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Out of curiousity, When do you consider someone to be an Old man or woman? At what age do you say this/that person is an old person.

MAN: I think the Deen says a man becomes "complete" at 40 (this is when the Prophethood of Muhammad SAWS started). Amongst Somalis, some are considered "old" from this age but those who take good care of themselves have another decade or so before they can be referred to as "old".

WOMAN:

1. When you need to do a bone density scan.

2. When you get prescription drugs for athritis.

3. When you have no need to do the monthly shopping for Always.

Pujah   

Originally posted by Viking:

MAN: I think the Deen says a man becomes "complete" at 40 (this is when the Prophethood of Muhammad SAWS started). Amongst Somalis, some are considered "old" from this age but those who take good care of themselves have another decade or so before they can be referred to as "old".

WOMAN:

1. When you need to do a bone density scan

2. When you get prescription drugs for athritis 3. When you have no need to the monthly shopping for Always.

In that case MAN is considered old at age 40 and WOMAN at age 60. Cool I like that. :D I have got few years to go and few places to see before anyone can call me Oldy.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

35-40 female is okey, for the males, up till 45 are good, beyond that they better be considering themselves Old men.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Anyway, u people have not met enough fabulous older people if u think 40 is old. Get out and live a little..
;)

yaaqey beenta naga dhaafa, idinka maxaa indinkudhacay.

zeph icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by rokko:

what about xaliimo 35+ (u) ??

u see this is were it gets interesting because the aging process no longer follows linear time, rather it is negative parabolic, but can be approximated using a simple linear equation given by:

age = b (desired base) + x (increment) mod y (desired discounting factor)

The results of this observation are now very interesting because both the intercept and slope are not constants. lets take an example.

desired base = 24 yrs old

desired discounting factor = 3 yrs:

thus

b + x mod y => age

24 + 0 mod 3 = 24

24 + 1 mod 3 = 25

24 + 3 mod 3 = 24

24 + 4 mod 3 = 25

24 + 5 mod 3 = 26

24 + 6 mod 3 = 24

and so on,

so as you can see the cleverness lies in choosing the parameters, obviously taking into account your age perseving genes (such as a young sista whose name i wont mention), the memory dexterities of your audience, the smoothness of the residual your after and so on.. Also the parameters must also be dynamiclaly regulated to maintain a sense credibility

thus in answer to your query, most xaliimos will never reach 35 (or in time for u to know about anyway) and by the time they state they are 35, if you use the method that i have just demonstrated, u will see that they may statisfy the before mentioned habar criteria

Pucca   

:rolleyes: interesting views.

I think so long as the person is healthy they aint old, my grandma is about 65 and the woman looks hot!!! i'm serious! mashallah she's blessed and has not a single wrinkle on her face, she can outrun many folks and all this thanks to good health.

On the other hand my uncle is only 53 has diabetes and looks like he's around 100. So yea...its all a matter of that persons health.

when your body no longer looks young, feels young and cant do much...........THEN you're old. till then, flaunt your hot self... :D

Castro   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

most xaliimos will never reach 35 (or in time for u to know about anyway) and by the time they state they are 35

Faarax will have died of old age.

Paragon   

Viking, thanks for mentioning the Prophet's (pbuh) age of prophet-hood. Moreover, in the old golden days of geeljirinimo, the supposition was that for a man to reach his ultimate strength, 4 pillars or state of strengths must be added up to his age. He gets the first pillar at the age of 10, then 20, then 30 and the last one at the age of 40, the ultimate strength. From then on, his pillars of strength go downhill. At the age of 50 the first pillar of strength comes off, but gains a pillar of experiance on his side , thus becoming a respected member of the community.

At the age of 60 another pillar of strength comes off but he gains one pillar of wisdom. At the age of 70 another pillar of strength comes off but gains one pillar of elderness. At the age of 80, if he's alive the last pillar of strength comes off but he gains the lastly pillar of communal care...since his state of being, through old-age, is reduced to that of the child.

So for men 51 and above is/can be considered old, just loosely though.

For women, its 45 and over, or soon as their womb is dry.

Nephissa   

For Men:

30-40 = Old school

40-55 = Middle age

55+ = Allah u naxaristo

So which age group do you think fits you Xoogsade. :D

I'm not good at guessing age either, it irks me when you call some Adeero, and they say Abbaayo.

Som@li   

Originally posted by Jamaal11:

For women, its 45 and over, or soon as their womb is dry.

^^YEs, When a woman can no longer bear a child,then difinitely she is HABAR

and for men,they are old,when they no longer can fullfill thier duties,unless aided by V :D

Gabayaagi caanka aha Essa Hayle,(AUN)once said

CALANkaa Jab waa Qoodhaha oo caajiskaa Galo eh :D