Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

How old or at what age does someone get to be considered an oldy?

Whats the difference between 55 and 65? You can tell a person's age by just looking at them? For me, a man is old when I see visible gray hairs. And a woman, when she has more wrinkles around the eyes and mouth.

I am horrible at guessing ages. I've been known to go off by 10-20 years. icon_razz.gif

Haddad   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

50 is too old. How are you bro btw? Kheeraan kuu rajeenaa.

Well, I consider a lady at that age young, and if she maintains the ideal weight and keeps fit, even better. Mahasanid, adiguna si ka fiican baan kuu rajeenaa.

Xoogsade   

But bro, Somali women and keeping fitness is just like expecting hair to grow on your palms you know, so technically, a forty year Old somali woman is just too Old.

How old or at what age does someone get to be considered an oldy?

^Xoogsade the answer your looking for is simple:

gender | age | catergorisation

---------------------------------

xaliimo | 19-21 = naag

xaliimo | 21+ = habar

faarax | 15-35 = wiil

faarax | 35+(u) = odey

faarax | 35+(m) = domestically disabled odey

* u = unmarried

m = married

Xoogsade,

Your getting brave enough to take little swipes at me now and again arent you? Be careful little one, don't get too big for your macawiis just yet.

P.S. Who called YOU old? Think you can trick me? Hehehehe.

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

xaliimo | 21+ = habar

Why you little...! :mad: :mad:

Jacpher   

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:

For me, a man is old when I see visible gray hairs. And a woman, when she has more wrinkles around the eyes and mouth.

Does not sound fair. Men tend to develop gray hair at younger age; some in 20s, and women show facial wrinkles at later years.

Hibo: Being a nomad gives you all those experiences. Some of us walked 300+ kilometers in Habaar Waalid, spent days in the jungle and/or held in captivity, probably lost family members, traveled around the world, 4 or more countries, went to colleges/universities and not that old. Some of us can relate to these life changing experiences if not most of us.

55? That’s just 15 years after the peak of your manhood. Wisdom is what counts I think, not age.

Caano-geel: What category do you belong?

Xoogsade   

LoooL, Hey FEMME , you got me big time lool. Are you available? passing up such perceptive woman is tantamount to treason. So, where can I find your dad? your brother? anyone responsible for your hand? Soo send garee the info.

You know, I feel old anyway given the circumstances in my background. So I wouldn't mind if people consider me an Old guy. There is a lot of respect that comes with such perception about me and I do get to avoid underage girls who wouldn't dare talk to an old guy :D

Caano Geel

35-40 female is okey, for the males, up till 45 are good, beyond that they better be considering themselves Old men.

Intel   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

xaliimo | 19-21 = naag

xaliimo | 21+ = habar

* u = unmarried

m = married

what about xaliimo 35+ (u) ??

Ducaqabe,

Not really. You see a man ages much more slowly than does a woman (thats why its much more popular to marry an older guy...nothing to do with maturity on his side...rather vanity on hers). So looks wise...a 80 year old man and a 60 year old woman look physically the same (age wise). And I wouldn't guess a woman's age depending on her hair...cause if they are as vain as most...they wouldn't let a gray hair see the light of day. ;) So in fact...I'm being grossly unfair to the women.

Xoogsade,

What a man. Proposing to three women in the span of 6 minutes. World record of its kind. And as for perception---hey, what can I say? Some of us were blessed more than others. :cool:

You’re old when you start considering the religion after years of abandonment.

You’re old when you start worrying about others other than yourself.

Add to the list…..