Sign in to follow this  
Xoogsade

How old or at what age does someone get to be considered an oldy?

Xoogsade   

Out of curiousity, When do you consider someone to be an Old man or woman? At what age do you say this/that person is an old person.

^ Elderly, obviously.

X,

I guess from 50. But my dad is 55 and I still don't see him as old. So maybe, from 60. Yeah, that's a nice round figure. YOU ARE OFFICIALLY AN OLD/ELDERLY PERSON ONCE YOU HIT 60.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

As in Partner or elderly?

I wasn't clear bro, but having a conversation with friends sometimes, I describe certain people as old, and when I am asked about their age and I do tell it, people tell me that person is not an Old person and I shouldn't say it. So I thought I must have the wrong concept of when I can call someone Old. If someone is Forty, to me they are Old.

Xoogsade   

Fidel, looool, saxib, adaaba isha ka tuurey. I am gonna join the club soon then.

Zephy and Legend, thanks for the replies. 50 is just too old, Allah u naxariisto.

Seven of Nine.

You can't lie to yourself all the time darling :D

lol   

I don't think numbers or digits state your age... rather the mileage you have... by that I mean the experiences you went thru. I mean ask yourself a question, " How many life changing moments have you had?" if your answer to that is two or more.. then you are old!

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

If someone is Forty, to me they are Old.

LMAO!

*Chokes*

*Coughing fit*

*Tries to breathe*

40 is old? As in OLd Age Pensioner? Coz, that's what 'old' is.

Then again, I have major crushes on Christopher Walken (hot, hot! *Drools*) and Anthony Hopkins (even hotter *dribbles*). So maybe am not the best person to ask about age. redface.gif

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Seven of Nine.

You can't lie to yourself all the time darling
:D

L0L. I previously used to think any1 over 30 was old. And any1 over 20 should act mature. But I realized thats too narrow of a view and people are different... the most fun loving and easy going people are in their 20ties and the most outrageously wonderful people in their 30ties. Age has little to do with maturity and you're rightly as young as you feel/do. smile.gif