Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

The Art Of Cooking

^^ I can neva fully eat what I cook...I loose the appetite while I'm cooking...and then everyone else tells me how good it tastes then again I don't believe them :D:D

Cheers

Zafir   

Here is something that's fresh off the stove, all the hadicap can take few pointers from me Picture%20014.jpg

hodman   

Originally posted by Animal Farm:

^^ Thanks for the tip --- I’ll give it a try.

I don’t know what the real name for it (Djboutian street food) is.

First you take sabayat chop it up into pieces, then you take ground beef, onions, green peppers and you cook them together with oil – then you take eggs and you cook them separately, not scrambled, then you chop them up like the sabayat into pieces. Then get fresh lime and black pepper and mayo into a cup and mix’m together. Take banana and cut it into pieces. Now that you’ve got everything – you mix them together in a large frying pan – mix’m the sabayat, the beef mix, the eggs, the banana and the sauce. It will look disgusting in terms of presentation, but the taste is out of this world – enjoy.

^^I ate that in Hargeisa, can't remember the name but it sure tastes great. Didn't know it was from Djibouti.

I like cooking but lately am too busy to cook. I like taking my time and making it good so I don't bother when I'm rushing.

Baluug   

Originally posted by Amelia:

Do the nomads consider cooking a special meal personally satisfying?

And have you ever cooked for a special someone and what did you make?

I cook for the family most of the time. I can make a real good spaghetti or steak and mashed potatoes.

Viking   

Zafir,

Upload your photos on photobucket.com or other similar sites. I don't think you can link it from your hard-drive.

Zafir   

^^Thanks Vikings, I registered in single parents looking to date website and I uploaded my pictures from there. LooL ..

885675.jpg

885679.jpg

^Do u have a food fetish? Lol u DID register with a single parent's website!

Animal Farm, thanks for the recipe- looks like everything but the kitchen sink!

Baashi   

So Athena has a new appreciation in fixing a hot plate for the loved ones and dear friends. And this came about after she acquired a new taste for the skill!

Well qallanjo with no skills in the cooking department is a half woman icon_razz.gif . Full stop, dot, and period :D . This essential skill is what makes a home a real home.

With that said, there is always a room for improvement. As for me I lost the little skill I had in that department ever since the day I became a workaholic trying to take care my family.

I know how to barbeque though. It comes handy when camping.

Originally posted by Baashi:

This essential skill is what makes a home a real home.

So THAT'S why so many Somali men leave. They know they're not contributing anyway. The women have it covered just by knowing how to cook. Gotchya. Who needs Freud?

As for me I lost the little skill I had in that department ever since the day I became a workaholic trying to take care my family.

I know how to barbeque though. It comes handy when camping.

If you go down to the woods today,

You're sure to hear a big excuse.

If you go down to the woods today,

You'd better take something for the oouuccs.

For every Faarax that ever there was

Will gather there for certain because

Today's the day the Faaraxs have their picnic.

:D

Originally posted by Baashi:

As for me I lost the little skill I had in that department ever since the day I became a workaholic trying to take care my family.

Every Faarax magically forgets how to cook even the iskoris ones from what I notice, yeah right. Most Somali guys can cook better than girls unless they have mothers who spoiled them rotten and from what me and my girlfriends discuss these are the types which should be stayed awayed from.

Zafir   

Baashi, don’t even dignify these responses with an answer.

I am flabbergasted, looks like yawl ladies have your heads somewhere else for it clearly wasn’t the man implied. Qofba meeshii bukta baa butaacda I suppose.