Che -Guevara

The forgotten tribes of Oromo in Somalia

26 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Actually, I just posted the article and I haven't commented on it. That said I have been sympathetic to Oromo cause and I did think we were natural allies since we had a common enemy. We can still work together but nothing will matter if they continue killing us.

If that common enemy you had in mind was Xabeshi. Nothing has ever worked that way. You should have looked into the long history.

Even in 1977 there were more Xabeshi organizations supported by Somalia fighting the Ethiopian govt than Oromo.

This kushitic Semitic is over rated and meaningless.

No permanent friends and no permanent enemies is better and it works.

Yes, there are no permanent anything but unless there are real changes, there is no way forward. I couldn't care if peace with Somalis is achieved with Habeshi or Oromo as long as peace made possible.

Holac   

Lol@ Somali tribes tripping over each other trying to find their Oromo ancestry. That was hilarious.

How does a Somali tribe convert itself into Oromo? Don't you have to be a "Gob" person with a respected, proud lineage?

8 hours ago, Holac said:

Lol@ Somali tribes tripping over each other trying to find their Oromo ancestry. That was hilarious.

How does a Somali tribe convert itself into Oromo? Don't you have to be a "Gob" person with a respected, proud lineage?

If you want to see this in action you see it around and in Dirdawa/DirDabo.

The best crisis actor they had on Ethiopian TV was a lady beautiful of course tall and light skin. She was counting that her grand mother, her mother are all Oromo, we are same people we are family etc...amazing.

The Oromo are also like Somali can adapt a tribe. The Only difference is the Oromo adapt totally you loose everything of the old. Among Somali you can keep your tribal idiosyncrasies.

I did not mean it in a negative way.

Its common in Ethiopia a lot of tribes have become Amhara. The Tigray and Afar do not dilute easily themselves keep distance and differences over hundreds of years.

cadnaan1   

One good example is jaarso and some other Dir sub clans who joined Oromo

Even Ahmed shiide used claim to be  Oromo before

• Like 1

Most Somalis have this weird understanding of oromos  oromo are not like the homogenous Somalis in terms of.culture traditions and appearance.  Oromos  have Christian orthodox Christians pentes Catholics  waaqists. Sunnis wahaabists. But also shaaficists. Most Somalis think oromos are the few jaarso akichu and noolo subclans and small bareenrto and karrayu subcans we border  or the boranas. Just because oromos have been enslaved by amharas they are not our friends since oromos because we both fighted the Ethiopian empire. Oromo have a mission of land grabbing  And annexing large parts of kilinka under their fake oromia. Somalidu waligood iyaga cadowgooda soo  dhaweysta waa  waaali..