Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Please spread this info to your Families

Chimera   

Originally posted by Promegranate:

What happened to the first boys? Did they find a home?

most likely they have been adopted, i really hope by a Somali couple

Curly   

Easier said than done i'd love to take them in but you can't help but consider how this effects your own life. you would have to give up work since they are pre-schoolers and want to give it your all. So really how many of you would adopt and what about all those muslim children out there? isn't that our burden too. in anyrate I will not pretend to know all the answers or judge others, distance aside.

I know of only one single somali woman who has been selfless enough to be a foster carer yet even she is judged.

Juxa   

Yes sue, I agree. they need alot of time and devotion.

It is very sad to see these children moved from one foster home to another. Most likely with non muslim, non somali.

A social worker friend once told me there are over 100 somali children in different foster homes in North London alone.

Somali foster parents are non-existant and the community hardly bothers with those innocent children.

I think even folks on income support can foster as the local authority would provide for the children. They would thrive with married, loving families.

Paragon   

^Saddening, walaahi.

Juxa, do you think setting up a financed Somali foster home with educational provisions would be useful, if at all?

Just a thought.

Juxa   

Isse, I think there would be alot of support available to any somali couple or family wishing to become foster parents.

Years ago i read brent local authority will even provide for housing, training and transport for somali foster parents.

Having said that, i think many local authorities will be willing to finance or support young professional person (married preferably) if he/she set up an emergency centre to place somali children until permanent housing is found for them or they placed back with their parents.

At the moment there is huge void.

ps: saw a 7 year old child on the tube (wajigaa saliid u marsaned, so he must be somali) with a white man in his 40s. I was very concerned but did not say anything to make sure he was ok(I regretted it alot).

Khayr   

I don't know of any islamic social services in your area but you should look into them and see what type of services they could provide to assist these children.

I think that providing assistance in these matters is a praiseworthy thing provided it is done with the right intention - preservation of the muslim identity and lineage.

Unfortunately, with the media's demonizing of muslims, the muslim family has come under greater scrutiny. Thus, an insidious person who just wants to spite a muslim because of some recent reporting on the sky or bbc news, can just pick up the phone and accuse your family of child abuse. In a blink of an eye, no questions asked, your child is sent away to a foster home - pending an investigation.

Therefore, to prevent such occurances, providing alternatives or preventative measures to combat these issues can be praiseworthy.

Fi Amanillah

chubacka   

I know there are some musim foster agency, they were talking on Islam channel once...ia I shall look dem up wen I am not suppose to be working!

Ismahaan   

Subhan Allah this is very sad. I wonder why those kids placed in foster care in the first place. Where are their parents and relatives? I wouldn’t mind adopting those children but unfortunately I’m under 25 and student so I’m not permitted to adopt. In order to adopt children you have to be 25 or over, married, has your own house, fulltime job or waa in aa family tahey ciyaal leh. Familyga ciyaalka leh oo dagan UK should take care of ilmahaan ajar badan baa ugu jiree. Also I think setting up a Somali foster care agency would be very useful.

Aaliyyah   

I pray that those who adopted them were Muslims, insha allah

p.s. I am not too keen to adopt anyone, people already have enough issues with their own kids. Imagine someone repeatedly reminding you how you are not their biological mother.

I wish those kids were in Norway.

Those kids r cute and innocent, they deserve better. I hope they find good islamic families. I curse their parents for all they put this kids through.

Aaliyah if you show them love and treat them like ur own, they will not resent you much. Kids r the same, it is just your maternal attachments/actions that makes you react differently.

Imagine how much thawab you will gain for that.

Aaliyyah   

^ I know you can get lot of thawaab and ajar for going out of your way to raise kids that are not yours. But, it is a huge responsibility raising kids in general, and specially raising kids that are not yours. Not something I intend to do, but those who do it May Allah swt facilitate your goals.

Lidia   

This is what I call state child snatching and the seizure and indoctrination of Somali children. Laws that are used here, were initially designed to deal with children at risk because they were found in company of people reputed to be criminal, immoral and distortedly. However, now they use these laws to ensure that Somali children receive cultural education in order that they would be re-socialized to the ‘British way.’ The use of law secures the detention of children of a “deviant” ethnic group in this case the Somali in a special setting/foster care and the deployment of this foster care system is used by the state as a vehicle for social control, but more especially for re-socialization. It is all done in order to assimilate them and wean them from their culture and language. I only hope that the Brits will emerge from this racist path and move into a period of greater toleration of ethnic difference.