Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

FrontLine: The Confessions

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

quote:

Dadyowga kaleba intaa waxbay bi’iyaane, lamana magac dhebo …inta danbiga gashay baa garsoorka lala tiigsadaa…ma fahamtay? I have yet to hear or read a report on ‘Swede’ crimes up in Duluth, or a ‘German’ violent racism in St. Cloud …no Norwegian or Finish crimes are reported. It’s either Black violence in North Minn., Hmongs in East St. Paul, or Somalis everywhere in the state

I guess you're just noticing the disaprity between whites and nonwhites when it comes to the media. White people ma la kala saaro.
But other minorities waa la kala saaraa wadanaka: Mexican burglar,Hmong drunk-driver, Somali gang, Black assailant.

It may seem that we are being singled out and maybe we are for our differences but wouldn't you agree that some of it we brought it on ourselves? There is nothing more interesting(as far as America is concerned)than people who isolate themselves. Look at what the media does to the Mormons, a very Christian group.
I wanna take issue with your comment that,"White people ma la kala saaro", because just like any other ethnicity, I believe Whites like everyone else are classified depending on their ethnicity whenever they commit a crime. For instance, haven't you ever heard the mention of the criminal escapades of the 'Italian' Mafia, the 'Russian' Mafia or the 'Colombian' and 'Mexican' Cartels in the mainstream media? I'm sure you have. In fact, I found an article where the Armenian community-- like Odey Xiinfaniin-- oo ka calaacalaya why the hell the name of their ethnic community was being splashed everywhere in the media when the FBI busted an Armenian Medicare fraud ring. They said, references to their ethnicity are "Irrelevant, Troubling and Offensive"(Just like Odey Xiinfaniin :D ).

You were right when you first proclaimed that "Americans are big on race", and understandably so, because the U.S.A remains the biggest melting pot of races in the world.

This is why Somalis ought not get too hot and bothered every time the word 'Somali' is associated with a criminal or a bad individual. They must understand that they are not being singled out; even though I feel these days, due to America's so called "war on terror", Muslims in general are demonized and their actions are exaggerated to colossal proportions by the media-- And because of all this media attention and scrutiny, we find ourselves in the Public eye more than we would like to, especially when we fall on the wrong side of the law.

^^Perhaps you are not young, but your post above is. It is akin to an underage kid who labored mightily to speak at an assembly of elders under acacia tree, where discussions of weighty nature were being held, who despite his efforts to sound deep only managed to bare his rookie nature.

Evidence of media reporting on the ethnicity or religious association of criminal elements belonging to new immigrants is neither here nor there awoowe. We know it exists so mentioning it does not add any value to the discussion.

If you are itching for argument with Odey Xiin, argue on the substance of his contention, not on its margins.

I am with Xiin on this. I got this email and could not believe they are invoking the word "Somali" with the crime. We should all send our complaints to this....>> office@civilsocietyhelps.org

Subject:

Somali Child Sex Trafficked Victims Forum - Monday 11/15

Date:

11/10/2010 4:27:17 P.M. Central Standard Time

Somali Child Sex Trafficked Victims Forum

Presented by Minnesota Human Trafficking Watch / Rescue and Restore Coalition Advisory Council Meeting

Monday, November 15, 2010

3:30pm - 5:00pm

Training Center

(corner of 5th and Minnesota Street)

First National Bank Building

332 Minnesota Street

St. Paul, MN 55101

Speakers:

Abdirizak Bihi, Executive Director, Somali Education and Social Advocacy Center

Linda Miller, Executive Director, Civil Society

Jan Wenig, R.N. formerly at Cedar Riverside Medical Clinic

Debut of short film on child sex trafficking co-produced by Rose Rongitsch and Karen Fernow

Characteristics of Somali child sex trafficked victims

History of sex trafficking of Somali children

How we can best provide services to child sex trafficked victims

Case studies of Somali child sex trafficking in Minnesota

How you can help

Civil Society

1st National Bank Building

332 Minnesota Street

Suite E-1436

St. Paul, MN 55101

Phone: 651-291-0713

FAX: 651-291-2588

www.civilsocietyhelps.org

Executive Director, Linda A. Miller

Recipient of Chief Justice Warren E. Burger

Distinguished Alumni Award for 2008 for "the highest values and ethical standards in serving the community"*

*Mitchell on Law, www.wmitchell.edu/alumni

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Perhaps you are not young, but your post above is. It is akin to an underage kid who labored mightily to speak at an assembly of elders under acacia tree, where discussions of weighty nature were being held, who despite his efforts to sound deep only managed to bare his rookie nature.

Evidence of media reporting on the ethnicity or religious association of criminal elements belonging to new immigrants is neither here nor there awoowe. We know it exists so mentioning it does not add any value to the discussion.

If you are itching for argument with
Odey Xiin
, argue on the substance of his contention, not on its margins.

Odey Xiinfaniin, I know you've been in a bad mood of late, and this most recent churlish outburst of yours is a prime example-- Marka Odey is daji! If remedying the deficiencies in your initial premise, by showing the gallery that the media's reference to a criminal's ethnic identity is not unique to Somalis alone, does not--as you put it-- "add any value to the discussion"...then all I can say is that, you Odey, are, like everyone else in here, entitled to your opinion. But you know what they say about opinions, right? "Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks"!

There is nothing special about Somali criminals.

P.S

A word to the readers...I never let a bellicose tone prevent me from setting our elders straight, what so ever... :D

^

Xiin, Sheekadii ma waxay durba isku badashey..."Ballo majirto, haday jirtana, ma badna!"? :D

Originally posted by Abdulladiif Al-Fiqih:

I am with Xiin on this. I got this email and could not believe they are invoking the word "Somali" with the crime. We should all send our complaints to this....>>

^ :D

This reminds me of a scene in a comedy film by the Wayan brothers called White Chicks were Shawn and Marlon Wayans acting as FBI agents go undercover as two blond bimbos.

:D:D

^ :D

You know letter writing is an "uphill battle", as they say...but someone has got to do it. :D

Malika, walaahi been kuuma sheegayo...aad baan u jeclahay marmarka qaarkood filimada SOL lagu dhex jilo. Wayan brother meel fariista ayaa la dhahayaa. :D:D

If there is anything I learned from watching crime shows on tv, its to never talk to investigators alone, never admit to anything, and never implicate urself. And always plead not guilty to the initial charges ( even if u are ;) ). Oh yea, and if u can afford it hire ur own attorney.

Blessed   

May Allah have mercy on those cursed with the likes of superficial Xiin and AbdulLateef who in light of this very ugly situation see that a name needs more protection than the community's children. This is the tragedy off kii lagu seexday ee khuurada iska qabsaday.

Interesting documentary. The travesty of justice in this case is so gross it beggars belief. Legal experts have long called for specific reforms of the judiciary process, but such efforts have been hamstrung by entrenched parties and vested interests, time and again. The tragedy of wrongful convictions poignantly broaches the subject of legal reform- the need to implement some of the well-documented and reasonable recommendations of legal professionals. False confessions are only part of the problem.

Originally posted by *Blessed:

May Allah have mercy on those cursed with the likes of superficial Xiin and AbdulLateef who in light of this very ugly situation see that a name needs more protection than the community's children. This is the tragedy off kii lagu seexday ee khuurada iska qabsaday.

Cursed????

Gabadha maxaa qaaday inta waa dhaami jirtey'e?

Yes we dont like sweeping generalizations. And we are not supperficial :D , xoogaa is celi abbaayo, ha taraarixin: ilaahna waad ii baryaysaa, waana i xukumaysaa :D

Caruurta ciddii dhashay ha korsatto. Haddaan kuwayga ka adkaadaan buro sidaa, ma fahamtay. Kii danbi gala sharcigu ha la tacaalo. Laakiin maalin walba denbi aanan anigu gelin in laygu shaabbadeeyo waa idhibtaa . Beenna maaha.

Mr. Somalia, you are now being a troll.

Abdulatiif has every right to write letters to express himself. Doing so does not make him supperficial or anything of that sort.

War intaa fahma. Magaca soomaali in lagu lammaaniyo rag tuug ah oo gabdho ka ganacsada xikmad aan ahayn ceebayn kuma jirto. Reer baadiyanimadaasi iyo caddaalad xumadaasi waa waxa soomaalida meesha dhigay...reer hebel baa sa sameeyey bay ku leeyihiin, waana ka ka dhab :

Jacpher   

^Gabdhuhu waxay u qaateen doodaada rag difaac inay ku saleysan tahay. Wax fahan, as Ngonge says.

This ain't only xiin's sentiment. Dadkoo dhan baa yiri magacayaga ha naloo daayo. Ciyaalkan fadarada ah maxkamad iyo sharci baa la marin, not magacayaga. Eeg maqaalkan hoose.

On the topic: ABC 20/20 goor aan fogeyn ka daawaday nin sidan oo kale 20 sano noloshiisa ku dhameystay xabsi dambi uusan galin. His case, waxaaba ka sii naxdin badnaa, no crime took place at all. All was alleged rape, molestation on his own children. Wuxuu ahaa former askari oo x-wifekiisa u qayishay. Maskiinka 20 years iyo his kids wey dhaafsiisay for just nothing. Dambiga uu galay you ask? Dumar la tumasho while he remained married to her. Does that warrant rape accusation of his own little children and twenty years behind bars? No dna or confession. His children whom were alleged were his victims, rescued him in the end and the truth set him free.

3somali.jpg

About 80 people, including Somali community leaders and local politicians, met at the Safari Restaurant in Minneapolis to discuss recent allegations of gang activity and sex trafficking in the community. “This is not who we are. We are decent people,’’ said Abdil Ahmed, co-owner of the restaurant.

Somalis gather to decry crimes

Hours after five defendants appeared in court Friday in a case of alleged human trafficking, local Somali leaders met to denounce criminal behavior while showing support for the families of the accused and the alleged victims.

The need for unity in the Somali community was a key message of speakers at a meeting Friday night that drew more than 80 people to a midtown Minneapolis restaurant. Even so, disagreement was evident about the nature and extent of Somali gang activity.

"We are standing together and want our kids to get a fair trial," said Hodan Hassan, a meeting organizer who said she was not related to any of the accused or the alleged victims.

Several speakers urged the public to withhold judgment of the accused while the legal process unfolds. The defendants may not be guilty, and the media have wrongly portrayed them as representatives of the whole Somali community, some argued.

"This is not who we are. We are decent people,'' said Abdul Ahmed, co-owner of the Safari Restaurant, where the meeting was held.

Friday's meeting came four days after federal agents and local police rounded up more than a dozen suspects in the alleged ring.

In an indictment made public Monday, the government alleges that members of three local Somali gangs -- the Somali Outlaws, the Somali Mafia and the Lady Outlaws -- carried out a 10-year conspiracy that includes the sex trafficking of minors, burglary, credit card fraud, intimidation and perjury.

Twenty-nine people have been indicted by a federal grand jury, most of them accused of selling four underage girls -- one as young as 12 -- as prostitutes.

Some at Friday's meeting, including Hassan, said they don't believe the accused are gang members. Asked whether she believes Somali gangs are active in Minneapolis, she said, "I have never seen any at all."

Others disagreed. "The problem is there, no question about it,'' said Mahamed Cali, executive director of the Somali American Community. Too many Somali teens have already died in shootings, he said. "As a community, we have to take responsibility to educate the parents, to educate the youth."

Speakers in the restaurant's banquet room, who addressed the audience mostly in Somali, ranged from religious leaders and an attorney to newly elected Minneapolis school board member Hussein Samatar.

A local imam and others said they have reached out to families of both the suspects and the alleged victims, offering spiritual guidance and connecting them with lawyers.

Disputing charges

All but one of 13 defendants to appear in court in Minneapolis will be transferred to jails in Nashville while awaiting arraignment in federal court. Those hearings are expected to occur in the next week or two.

During the court hearings in Minneapolis this week, a couple of points were made clear: At least some of the suspects say they did not know their victims were underage. Others dispute the government's charges that they are gang members.

"This girl told me she was 19," Yassin Yusuf, 20, said to Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents after he was arrested. "I believed she was 19. She's ruined my life."

According to the federal indictment, Yusuf in May 2007 drove a victim who was 12 or 13 at the time to Rochester "for the purpose of charging persons money to engage in sex" with her. In April 2009, Yusuf is alleged to have taken the victim to another location where she was told to perform a sex act on a man in exchange for marijuana, and on another man for marijuana and liquor.

Later, he and others allegedly drove her to Nashville. They were later stopped by Nashville police and Yusuf was arrested for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. The victim was in the car.

Federal defender Andrea George argued in court Friday for Yusuf's release pending trial, saying "he has an absolute defense"-- that he did not know the victim was underage.

But Assistant U.S. Attorney Charles Kovats told U.S. Magistrate Judge Franklin Noel: "The merits of this case will be decided later in Tennessee, not here today." With that, Noel ordered Yusuf remanded to the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service.

The only suspect allowed to report to Nashville on her own is Bibi Said, who is pregnant. Her first hearing is Nov. 30.

On Friday, one of the three suspects still being sought in the case was arrested and booked into the Ramsey County jail, said St. Paul Police Cmdr. Tina McNamara. Ahmed Aweys Sheik, whose last name she said also has been spelled Sheikh, was arrested at 6:17 p.m. by the Gerald Vick Human Trafficking Task Force.

James Walsh • 612-673-7428 Sarah Lemagie • 952-882-9016 Staff writer Anthony Lonetree contributed to this report.

Blessed   

Xiin,

Yaa adiga danbiga ku saaray? Malaha wixii Somaali laga sheegaba in ay adiga ku khusaysaad u malaynaysaa?

"This is not who we are. We are decent people,'' said Abdul Ahmed, yes but the criminals happen to be Somali, illahay Amarkii. Maxaa loo qarinayaa? In ay dadku ogaadaan camal xumantooda miyaanay aheen? Meel walba ee aduunka la joogo jinsiyada qofka danbiga sameeyay ayaa la sheegaa. Maxay kuu gubaysaa haduu Somali noqdo? Why is their identity more important than danbiga ay galeen-- which is far more harmful to the Somali community? The news reports are not about you and every Somali, it's about those criminals, ma garatay. Hiilis inaad gashid looma baahna, inaad dadka warka soo gudbiyayna afka kaga boodidna waa laga roonyahay. If this was in my city I would want to know who they are and I would want to know how they operate, sidaan caruurtayda uga illaashado.

Aniguna kuma jiro dadka community-ga iyo dad aan masuul ka ahayn ciyaalkan waashay danbiga saara. Waalidkoodi haduu basar bari waayay, dee Illahoda iyo dawlada ayay leeyihiin--adigu waxaad u cago budhlanaysidba waan fahmi la'ahay.