Apophis

This Ilhan woman is confused.

Apophis   
6 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

If Ilhan was to comment on Kenya interference in Somalia, our buddy here will say Ilhan should focus somewhere else.

Regarding Ilhan, i think she should first get feet wet before she gets herself in a bind. She  should also focus where she could be most effective.

I would prefer if she fought for you ophans runti. You guys really need help.

Apophis   
1 hour ago, cadnaan1 said:

She need to be careful of who she is messing with, Jews are powerful people in American politics.

She appears to be a typical Somali from Somalia. They love interfering in other peoples issues more than their own. She was rightly rebuked.

maybe she should visit dadaab where she was raised to help her remember her roots and be humble.

• Thanks 1

I think these young progressive Democrats are pushing it too hard and soon would bring negative press on themselves. They need to slow down and settle in first or else they will be 1 term wonders. There was an elected democrats reps from Atlanta area years ago, a black woman, who took on similar issue with Israel and Jews lobbyists and she was gone despite having some support from her black constituency.

Ilhan needs to smart and focus on issues that are important to her constituency and to the Somalis. Of course she will need to speak of any injustice in the world and bring attention to the body in which she's part of, but you don't want to be seem as the loudest one or the mouthpiece of certain segment of society. It was couple of weeks ago that she had to clarify and apologize for another tweet of hers where she criticize Jews or Israel. She's already a target of the right wing Repubs and other conservative evangelicals, and now she provoked the ire of Jewish groups both on the left and right. You can't just keep apologizing and expect to be taken serious...

• Like 2

Saalax   

She should focus on getting US investments for Somalia. Arabs are 1000x wealthier and more in population than Somalis. They don't need us to fight their corners when we have many problems backhome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holac   

Ilhan Omar is brilliant. Everyone in the world knows the name of this Somali refugee. She calculated her tweets, never going all the way, but saying just enough to generate debatable contraversy about a topic that means something to her as a Muslim. She knows exactly what she is doing. She is creating a name for herself as a politician willing to push the limits. If the media heads attack her viciously, she can easily flip the chairs on them and cry Islamaphobia and racism. He is not very easy to attack. She is not afraid. I do have to admit that she likes the media and wants to be seen as a fiesty muslim, black, immigrant woman. She wants to stay relevent. 

Don't fall for the shallow defeatist talking points from the media. She actually acomplished her goals with the veiled tweets. The beauty of all is that, she is not done yet. She will say something "borderline contraversial" again just to create another contraversy. It may be a different subject, but it will blow up in the media again. I love it.  

Remember Rashida's "impeach the motherf***" comment against Trump?  She became instant household name. 

Duufaan   

I am surprised about her tweets for all her Americans  political experience. I am wondering who is advasing her. I afraid it will result a backslash against the community

Holac   
1 hour ago, Duufaan said:

I am surprised about her tweets for all her Americans  political experience. I am wondering who is advasing her. I afraid it will result a backslash against the community

Fulay. 

Duufaan   
11 hours ago, Holac said:

Fulay. 

I am Ok if she is helping the fight and awareness of the rights of Muslims around the world. What I do not like is if she involves a fight within a powerful group. 

Mourad1   

Criticizing the crimes committed by the state of Israel doesn’t constitute being anti-Semitic. However, in this current political climate, even a little criticism of Israel uttered by a person, then that person would immediately be labeled as an anti- Semitic. 

It is a sad fact. Ilhan should comprehend this single fact and see that there is nothing to be gained from being a pro-Palestine congress member. 

gooni   

Dhaqanka nasaarada laguma barto waan ku dhashay iyo waan ku koray midnaba.

Waxaa laga bartaa caqiidada aad aaminsantahay ayadaa kugu filan.

Guri kastoo yuhuud iyo nasaaro dhisato hadaad gasho adigoo muslin ah albaabka hore waxaa ku qoran ha taataaban alaabta dhex taal waa layska fiiriyaa.