Sign in to follow this  
Benevolent_ Beauty

World News: 20 dead in Mecca hotel collapse (cnn.com)

Subxannallah, Subxanallah!!!.... I almost fell outta my bed this morning when i found out about the hotel that collapsed in Mecca. My beloved parents made their journey to Mecca this last week along with millions of Muslim pilgrims. Please let us all pray that they (all the pilgrims) are safe and Allah answers their prayer, Ameen.

I can't even type, i'm so worried!

I have not been able to get a hold of my parents!

p.s. My mother told me that the pilgrims from the USA where all staying in one hotel. If anyone from the USA has been able to contact their loved one there in Mecca, please let us know the status there.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/01/05/saudi.building.collapse/index.html

^Inshallah your parents will be fine.

I hope for their safety and the safety of all muslims.Ameen

But when it is the time to meet your creator one must go. & What better way to meet your creator than in the holiest of the lands?.

Inaa Lillaahi wa Inaa Ilayhi raajicuun..

I pray for the safety of all hujaajs. But once in a while when you hear this sort of tragedy..you will think lucky them as they died in the holliest of lands while completing their Hajj. hopefully Allah has forgiven for all their sins hence sinless as the day they were born...

May Allah forgive them and invite them to his paradise.

Cheers er' Salamaaat (for this special occasion) :D

Baluug   

Innalillahi wa ina ilayhi rajicuun. This is too bad, it seems every year at Hajj time, there's a tragedy, people getting trampled to death and things like that. But they are in the best position to die, doing Hajj, and insha Allah they will have the best reward.

Haneefah   

Inna Lilaah Wa Inaa Ileyhi Raajicun, it is indeed a tragic and disturbing news but nonetheless, it was destined for them (lucky are they, really!). May Allah forgive their previous sins and reward them jannah.

May Allah (swt) protect all of the other pilgrims and make it easy for them to perform their hajj Insha'Allah.

Princess, I pray that your parents return home safe and sound Insha'Allah.

N.O.R.F   

Innalillahi wa ina ilayhi rajicuun

Again there have been deaths during Hajj. Again we all say the dead have died at Hajj and 'lucky' them. I do not dispute when one's time to go is written for them and can not be avoided. However, there questions to be asked of the Saudi authorities with regard to safety in and around the mosque and now the structural capabilities of a nearby hotel.

Some of the safety standards in the ME (during construction) is shocking to say the least with methods used being un-checked on a regular basis. The hotel looks like a standard concrete structure (reinforced beams and columns)now for a building to collapse (from the top down as it looks) there must been a failure in one (or more) of the floors. allahu aclam.

allah yarxama to the deceased

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and concerns...alxamdulilaah turns out my parents had left their cell phone and were out for the day to a nearby masjid...

Inshallah, I pray for those most affected by this tragic incident...May Allah (swt) bless them all.