Old_Observer

Eritrea Somalia U-20 Football what it means

Its actually more positive and most meaningful than just having international match in Somalia after so many years.

Ironically its more meaningful to Eritrea than Somalia. I know this is hard to believe for some of you.

Eritrea has in the past 20 years lost 3 teams. They go for international match and never return. The country has had withdrawn itself from many matches.

What a better way than to send their team in a place where its least likely to disappear and look great in the eyes of Somalis as being first team to come to Somalia.

Hopefully this will lead into greater better things for all involved, and will not stop at being a show dictators do when in a mood.

What do you think the impact is?

galbeedi   

OO,

I was in a garage fixing my headlights and met this Eritrean guy who talks and talks everything Asaiyas Afwork.

He said Eritrea had gone with Ethiopia. It didn't join physically but it almost merged with Ethiopia. He said When Clinton came to Africa in 1996, he praised the new generation of African leaders mainly Meles Zenawi, Musaveni of Uganda, Paul Kagame of Rwanda and Afwork of Eritrea.

Since Meles had the bigger economy and nation he automatically became the top  leader among the four. Before that Asiayas always considered himself the top dog of the coalition of TPLF/EPLF group. Because of that hubris , he couldn't accept to be second fiddle to Meles and the quarrel started which led to the war of 1998.

He said all those Ethiopian opposition satellite TVs in North America and Europe and the Amhara opposition was financed by him including OLf and others to stick it to Meles.

He said now he want to get back his old status by being in charge of both Abiy, Farmaajo and even Sudan.I laughed of the thought that small Eritrea want to be the big dog in the horn.

I guess this Eritrean team visit might be something bigger to come. 

OO, do you believe that Afwork will overrule Abiy?. Farmaajo is hostage and have no say on anything since he is secluded in the green zone.

One thing is for sure, the African Union or Amisom cash cow is going to end.

16 hours ago, galbeedi said:

OO,

I was in a garage fixing my headlights and met this Eritrean guy who talks and talks everything Asaiyas Afwork.

He said Eritrea had gone with Ethiopia. It didn't join physically but it almost merged with Ethiopia. He said When Clinton came to Africa in 1996, he praised the new generation of African leaders mainly Meles Zenawi, Musaveni of Uganda, Paul Kagame of Rwanda and Afwork of Eritrea.

Since Meles had the bigger economy and nation he automatically became the top  leader among the four. Before that Asiayas always considered himself the top dog of the coalition of TPLF/EPLF group. Because of that hubris , he couldn't accept to be second fiddle to Meles and the quarrel started which led to the war of 1998.

He said all those Ethiopian opposition satellite TVs in North America and Europe and the Amhara opposition was financed by him including OLf and others to stick it to Meles.

He said now he want to get back his old status by being in charge of both Abiy, Farmaajo and even Sudan.I laughed of the thought that small Eritrea want to be the big dog in the horn.

I guess this Eritrean team visit might be something bigger to come. 

OO, do you believe that Afwork will overrule Abiy?. Farmaajo is hostage and have no say on anything since he is secluded in the green zone.

One thing is for sure, the African Union or Amisom cash cow is going to end.

Let alone then, even now Isayas is interested in becoming President of HOA. The problem is Djibouti, Sudan and Kenya are not in, therefore will be conflict soon if things continue the way they are. They have started accusing Sudan for problems in Amxara region between Amxara and Agew.

They have started accusing Ghelleh for some Afar and Somali unhappiness with new rulers in Ethiopia and also with Afar in Eritrea.

In Somalia its even worst. Isayas only had some friends in Mugadishu and of course Farmaajo home. Isayas is unhappy most with Puntland. You might remember their exchange with Adde Muse in 2006/7. ONLF is convinced that Isayas will be against them now and be more Ethiopian than the Ethiopians themselves. Let alone separation, Isayas is dead set against autonomy. He has openly spoken that the TPLF system and structure has to be eradicated and unitary state formed as soon as possible. The reason Amxara are singing the loudest.

Take this:

Not a single person of those who started struggle with Isayas are alive. All dead by shooting, in prison or suspicious car crushes and other means.

The speaches all are:

If it was not for TPLF we would have lived as one country. How things change?

Isayas was praised by Clinton, because he offered to fight and lead alliance against Sudan. When the TPLF said not against Sudan, Isayas closed the embassy of Sudan and gave it to rebels then from South, supported Darfur rebels and created a group in East by his border.

Abiy is completely under Isayas. By Security, by UAE, by America...Best indicator is relations with China, relations with Turkey and relations with Djibouti and Sudan. Internally total campaign on TPLF and those suspected of siding with TPLF or are strong on autonomy of their region.