Saalax

The London conference and Puntland state of Somalia

MANY somali so called oppostion are very short sighted, and can not see beyond horizon, here and opportunity to lift the poorest and most unlucky nation on earth. DIG BABY!

Saalax   
4 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

MANY somali so called oppostion are very short sighted, and can not see beyond horizon, here and opportunity to lift the poorest and most unlucky nation on earth. DIG BABY!

Funny thing is the opposition is the likes of Abdishakur who tried to sell the South Jubbaland sea to Kenya. The former government was much worse than this one.

5 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

When the price of oil was $150 per barrel, Puntland under Ade Muse was able to find an oil company who will take a chance to look for oil. The company Horn Petroleum owned by Canadian African oil 45% was able to drill in Dharoor valley and did not oil. However they spend millions of dollars for workers and services. Once the price of oil collapsed it became more risk for the company to continue. I think it is better to allow companies to prospect for oil in Somalia rather than mindless opposition. At least during oil exploration whole areas nearby will become boom towns.

image.png.a6540ba12019ffdda8bc1435e8ded031.png

galbeedi   

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Australian Range Oil or something ) company that took over the right in Puntland sold them later to others.

I can assure that none of these companies will extract oil in the near future, but they want to buy these blocks cheap  at this stage , hold on for few years and sell later to multinational giants.

You can hire your own companies and pay for explorations. If there is oil then you enter the agreements like any other nation.Do not create a multi layer companies that own the rights while your shares dwindle. 

Secure your nation and hire companies to explore for the future. Do not sell blocks.

Duufaan   
5 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

I watched the presentation and somewhere at the end there was this guy who was introduced as a New York businessman with 20 billion dollar assets. The Somali Gov't official said this guy will earnmark 10 billion assets. When the NY man took the microphone, he said he has 3 billion funding available. So right there on the podium, already, there is misunderstanding and conflict. By the way, being 20 billion asset doesn't mean they have cash. Assets can be anything, people who have billion dollar assets can go bunkrupt because of cashflow and no one is interested in their assets, case in point that is fresh is the Indian brothers Reliance Industries.

Btw, this is the sort of people you will never want to associate with. But it seems some in Farmaajo's gov't have already been bought out. 

What they should have focused instead of bringing onboard shoddy crooks like the NY man, they should focus on Oil and Gas companies that have track record in this type of business.

It seems to me, Somalia's assets is being squandered by irresponsible indivituals. 

Really!  oohintu orgiga Kawayn.These people you and OODWEyNE mentioned here are much more powerful and has much more money than those people that Somaliland  was dealing with. It  is silly that you’re talking about a new York man here with all staff you regularly post here. 

With today oil market,  the larger findings of oil and gas resources around world, Somalia is lucky finding interested buyers. It is good news that foreigners are interested Somalia resources. 

I never see you criticize the shadow oil company that is dealing with Somaliland. The deals that  was signed under the table which no one knows in deteales. The currup Somaliland government got few millions advances but it ok for you . when it comes Somalia government everything they do is bad.

Villa Somalia has all the money they need for re-election and Qatar will be their side. Money  alone will not decide the villa Somali election. There is long time before election takes place and many more people will participate. It is very early to prodict the potential runners. Khayre may have interest the oil  deal to succeed but nothing wrong with that. If the deal go through it is good for Somali people including those in Hargeysa.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Australian Range Oil or something ) company that took over the right in Puntland sold them later to others.

I can assure that none of these companies will extract oil in the near future, but they want to buy these blocks cheap  at this stage , hold on for few years and sell later to multinational giants.

You can hire your own companies and pay for explorations. If there is oil then you enter the agreements like any other nation.Do not create a multi layer companies that own the rights while your shares dwindle. 

Secure your nation and hire companies to explore for the future. Do not sell blocks.

Galbeedi in the end all these companies lost huge amount of money however Somalis in Puntland benefited. That is the risk these companies take and it becomes hit and miss in the oil exploration business. With the current price of oil, there may not be many companies willing to take this risk. It is better to allow oil exploration which is very expensive and worry about the windfall later. I am not worried about current deals. What is more important is whether there is a  company willing to put millions of dollars in Somalia at the present time.

We are arguing about a pie in the sky. If the opposition is serious, they can push the government to complete the constitution, pass necessary legislations for resource exploration, revenue sharing and tax integration and proper true reconciliation.

In the meantime, we should guard and use available resources. We could start this by freeing the farm lands in the South.