Sign in to follow this  
Shakuur99

Please Tell me WHY ohhh WHY

This is very common amongst us, You may be in a party or shopping mall, some one you know saw you (but you didn't see that person)... He or she moves on with out saying nothing... That person may call you the next day or may see you a week or may be even a month later, and the 1st thing they say is " ohhh my God you are good at ignoring people, the other day when you were such and such place you just walked by me" ....I can't believe he/she has the guts to call you and admit they saw you and didn't say hi but don't realize he/she is making fool of him/her self.. For god sake why is it so hard to say hi and then see if he/she don't respond rather than assuming you have been ignored when you really are the one who is ignoring.

Please tellme why we do that?

even though it is done mostly by Female smile.gif

Ciao

Nazra   

lol, well is VERY commom in females i can tell you that from experience...this is my RULE if you see someome before they see you...it's your duty to say HI(it ain't that hard, coming down to what personality you have) and if they see you first and ignore you... so be it ignore them too( PLAY THE GAME) and if they tend to call the next week saying that, and they are obviously making fool out of themselves "u are good ingnoring" just say i didn't see you...just make sure you are playing fair with them, more like they game.

I must admit last week i ignored one of my mates at a shopping mall...i had to run with my other friend. I had my reasons :D other than that i ain't that bad.

When it comes to wedding it's all kool.

IGNORE IF THEY IGNORE, SAY HI IF THEY SAY HI.

WHEN THEY CALL JUST SAY I DIDN'T SEE YOU.(simple)

This happens alot in our community...so nothing new there.

I think it is all about self-importance and misplaced pride, on the other hand it is useful tool to ignore those annoying people. ;)

I agree with Nasra, if you see the person 1st say hi :D

Hi

Shakuur: is not a new thing about our people (Somalis) specially where I live(Virginia) I just discover that other states call us "the xaasidin State" and it's true coz here you'd feel it cost too much to greet someone! I mean I rarely see somali here and when I see them I don't say "hi" coz most of them have attitude problems...I wonder why! even old people..you'll say Haye eedo..she'll be like "Haa abaayo"

cajaa'ib!!!!!!!!

Kool_Kat   

I am probably one of those ppl who'll just keep walking if I see you and you don't say HI FIRST... Unless you're a close friend, or a relative, I don't say hi... If they say hi, that's fine, I'll say hi... But I am never the one to say hi first... I am just that way, always have, and probably always will be that way...

honey206   

shakur bro that's normal to every somali people. up here in my city females got attitude these days. they'll say hi to u today and the next time they see you they will ignore u. so if someone saw u and ignored u well then go ahead and ignore them too u know what i mean. u don't have to holla at them. as for me i'm cool with everybody but if some people get them damn attitude with me well then i know how to play da game too u know.

one luv yo :D

Actually this was only the peeps you know only as some of you may have confused...

Nasraa: Point taken

Proudsista: you know am still proud of ya despite hollering from down under smile.gif

The rock: Good luck with the not so annoying peeps

The Virgin: You know why they call Xaasidiin, cus there nothing called easy money or cheep rent, in other words you have to work hard to live, and if you are expecting to come to Va and live with your friends you better be ready to look for a JOB on your 2nd day, I come there often so I know..

Honey: I feel ya, so keep doing your thang.. who needs those with the bad attitude, moral killers when the rain kills your moral due to the 10 month a year rain... tough luck sis ...

Later smile.gif

Muslimah   

Virgin: everytime i come to Va Somalis rarely say salaam.

Shakuur: Alhamdulillah I dont deal with that much up here in Canada. My friends always say salaam. I think most of the time it's a "I'm cooler(or whateva) and therefore must not say hi until u do". It's called an ego trip. The Prophet (pbuh) said something to the effect of, spread salaam b/c it'll spread love amongst u.

Muslimah: next time make sure you holla:) I think I'm the only one who truly greet people..usually when I say hi to someone first thing they say is you're not from VA right!

Shakuur: It's not about money coz I have a big family in here I don't have a problem with that..

I mean generally, they are doing their best to hide their Somali identity!

Muslimah...I have to disagree with ya on this... It .. It is not just in VA, but every where Somali's seem to have a large number or residence.... I have been in Mnpls and TO. They would look at you like you are from some other planet after you great them... But if you go places like AZ,WI surely they luve each other...

Virgin : I wasn't talking about ya particularly.. I was talking about the people who wanna come and stay over there for a long period of time who doesn't wanna work... smile.gif