galbeedi

In Asia football championship, the UAE had lost more than a game.

galbeedi   

Most of the Solers probably didn't pay attention to the Asian Football Championship (AFC) held in UAE.  Although I followed the results , I didn't see much of the game other than the final game as prerecorded. We have satellite dish with Arabic speaking sport channels.

While the championship game between Japan Vs Qatar was exiting with Qatar winning 3:1, the most anticipated games of the tournament were the semi final game between Qatar and UAE, and between group games between Qatar vs Saudi Arabia. The sport media dubbed those games especially the semi final Qatar vs UAE as the blokade derby.

The Saudis were defeated 2:0 , but took their defeat honorably. The UAE were totally lost not only the game but their dignity and honor. They denied Qatari citizens to attend and cheer their team by enforcing the innocent people to attend the games by upholding their unreasonable blockade, yet other fans from Cumaan and other countries cheered for Qatar during games against Saudi arabia. 

In order to deny any support for the Qataris, the UAE football counsel had bought all the remaining tickets and distributed for free to their citizens. In Abu Dhabi stadium 42,000 Emirates cheered for their team without no single fan from Qatar. The Qatari team was playing in this hostile environment. Despite all that unsportsmanship and ugly culture of the gulf Arabs, the Qataris had defeated and humiliated the Emirates 4:0. As the game proceeded their fans had thrown bottles and other trash objects to the Qatari players. Even the first goal seemed to be miracle from God.

It also showed the arrogance of the Arab culture and the gulf in general. Governments might feud with one another but denying people to people daily contacts are not only cruel but pity and childish. We Somalis must keep away with mixing these kind of cultures in the gulf.

I actually did watch semis and finals. It seems Emiratis can't do anything right.

The blockade might have been the best thing that happened to Qatar. The experience changed them.

I watched the highlights only and I think the UAE waa isku xaartay. Wuxu maha dad nasab ah. 

Kudos to the Qataris and their winning team. 

Wiilka Reer Qadar ah that scored the last goal isirkiisa waa Soomaali, waxaana dhalay ciyaaryahankii caanka ahaa ee Cafiifi u dheeli jiray xulka qaranka iyo kooxdii Horseed in late '70s and early '80s. So hambalyo walaalkeena Akran Cafiifi iyo Reer Qadarba.

I remember a friend of mine whenever he saw qof si aad u yaqaano banooniga back in 2000, he used to call that person 'waa Cafiifi.'

Qadar invested heavily in their national team in the last decade and it obviously paid off. Onward for Ciyaaraha Adduunka 2022.