Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

Islamic Exorcism

^^This geeljirato girl(above pic) with the camel remind me - this song which says:

Drim drim drim , Dayaxii baa la kooroo aana aan weli awrka doodaahayaa.

Oh other bloody nations are ascending to the moon, and am still reining the camel.(off topic indeed but never mind its was intentional).

This Jinn possession business is nothing but superstitious claptrap. I watched the first video, very dramatic stuff. The man should be hospitalized though.

First, resize your signature pic. It's taking up too much space.

Second, I tell you what. I have never seen Jinn myself nor have I seen someone who was "possessed" by Jinn. Don't get me wrong I'm not against the existence of Jinn. Jinn has always been convenient alibi. When you misplace your keys, blame it on Jinn. When you can't find socks, Jinn! Even when I acted a little naughty as a kid, Jinn was my best alibi... "hooyo, Jinni baa idharbaaxey ee xoogaa waa khafiifey." Spared me the rod many times.

So, I'm all for the existence of Jinn but talk of possession and exorcism is a whole different kettle of fish.

Paragon   

Lol. Socod_Badne, maybe we should dismiss all these supersticious things at one stroke. Although I highly doubt the existence of this condition (or possession as they call it), I am not yet ready to kick the idea to the curb. Simply, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt- for me to believe in Jins or Wadaado, I must see some convincing acting that resembles reality.

As far as I know of this condition, mostly people of the Sufi denomination strongly believe in it. As a kid, I remember going to ceremonies for Booraamaha and witnessing a man biting onto the neck of a sheep and lifting it with his teeth. The Jin was making the man strong to do this, people explained to me.

Also, there were times when those so-called possession (most of them women) would assume a new tone of voice, that resembles presumably the voice of another real person. At that particular time, people would ask her some silly questions about their lives. I usually found the whole practice to be somewhat of a bore.

PS: Having said that, I have always searched in vain for some spiritual transcendence- to somewhere beyond the space, time and mass I occupy in this world. And to be quite honest, such a thing happening is beyond wildest dreams. Implausible, if anything. To know if its plausible, I might a string a man and just before the soul leaves him, ask him if it is plausible. This works according to Ibn Khalduun :D . The man would tell you truth about the future. Silly idea though.

Malika   

^^How can you all be in doubt of the existance of Jinns,unless we are doubting Allahs creations of the unseen? How many surahs are in the quran that acknowledges them and their existance.They too are like humans belong to different religions etc..

As for exorcism,ofcourse there are those whom take things a tad bit further then the simple ways of ridding and protecting oneself from the Jinns.

Prayers are a powerful tool to rid and protect oneself of unwanted attention from Jinns.Surati Nas,Falaq,Al-Ham and Ayati Kursi from surati Baqara are powerful ayahs for one to protect themselves from unwanted attention.Being in constant remembrance of Allah,is the key.

It seems more women are effected by this then men,its unfortunate women find themselves vulnerable due to circumstances in their lives which leave them mostly weak and easy targets.Ofcourse with western/modern diagnois we could say they are suffering from mental disorders..

Allahu Akbar,Allah is great!

Blessed   

^I didn’t know that women were more prone to jinn possession. I’ve heard of many hablo, whose were possessed by jins of their admirers. I guess not protecting yourself from jinn through recitation of Quran is direct cause.

Pragaon does have a point, Sufis are obsessed with jins and then you get the rooxaan / saar business in the Somali community. I’ve actually seen several ladies that I knew go into a fit after singing the ‘Sity‘, which I thought was a normal (cool) song until that day. Strangely, Somalis tend to welcome / comfort their ’rooxaan’. Acudulbillah. Must be the Sufi influences in our culture.

I'm reading a book with a story line that’s based on jinns, or rather Moroccan obsession with jinns., I'm already paranoid, that video is going to make my sleep worse. Urgh!