Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad

Syriana

J.Lee   

Firstly, maandhow, every culture has negative and positive aspects and while Islam, as a religion can't be faulted, Muslims are not perfect for they don't practice the religion as they ought; this can’t be more evidenced than in the opening scene in the movie where the girl changes into her hijab after partying all night (dichotomy; sin all night, repent all day?), though agreeably despicable, nonetheless it’s an everyday occurrence in Muslim countries as well as qurbada. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Secondly, this movie gives an unbiased portrayal of both sides of the story; it also gives you a set of well-build characters, both American and Arab, which are so strong you can't help but feel a certain emotion whether disdain or even liking towards them and the actors were so believably real in their role at times you forget that you're just watching a movie.

Thirdly, the point of the Movie, in my opinion, was for people (the American public in particular) to be conscious -aware- and understand the reasoning behind the backlash against the U.S. and I say this because this white lady who was sitting a few seats away from us with her husband exclaimed: "No wonder they hate us" after she watched Prince Nasiim come to an unfortunate end. How many movies have you seen a movie that evoked such enlightenment and understanding?

Fourthly, the plot (genius!!!) was so well written I felt like I was watching an intricate dance; one which I did not know the steps to but could surprisingly understand without having to participate in it; I mean it was just that great. Personally, I loved how they showed: what drove the youth to commit suicide; how a promised leader or even a reformer when he doesn't dance to the tune of the Great American War Machine would become a liability and thus eliminated; how officials are corrupt both overseas and in America and how they are able to be bought but mostly I loved how they tied it all together so neatly that even Midwesterners could understand the horrendous scene in the end and actually sympathize for the overwhelming message of the movie was that we’re all human; and we are, despite our differences, all alike.

P.s

You don't have to agree with me, It's just my opinion. Mine Mine Mine!

This movie is the best movie i have seen this year. To those who found it overly complicated and confusing let me tell you that much of the point of the movie revolves around realizing that Prince Nasir would not only stabilize the region, but he would open up the energy to anyone, not just to America. With America cut out, their oil supplies would drop, and China would GET that energy. These, to the CIA, are both extremely dangerous things, and bad for America. They lie to Bob, because they know Bob won't kill him just for oil, so they build him up as a terrorist, as a cover story. When the cover story gets blown by Massowi, they distance themselves from Bob, hanging him out to dry. Bob realizes that the only way to redeem himself is to save Nasir. A lot of this is covered when Nasir talks to Damon privately in the boardroom.

The whole focus of the movie is the way that people/governments/agencies/countries will do anything it takes to get to oil. The CIA is willing to kill for it, the attorney/government are willing to overlook crimes for it , Damon's character allows the death of his son to be paid off for it ...as for the two young Muslims they're the movies way of showing that none of this happens in a vacuum, that there are effects beyond money.

Good job Geroge Cloony. i recomment it to everyone.

Muhammad   

^ Good job clooney or "Gaghan"? :D

who was paying attention to some of the reactions of the audience, specially the 'white' americans.

it was quite fasinating realy, specially at the end.

when the father announced his successor, you could hear all the, 'Ohs, BSs, NOs'.

then after Nasir meets his fate, I actualy heard some cries.

another scene was when the 'oil man' thanks the new 'amir', lol, that is when you could hear the Afro-americans express themselves. :D

ElPunto   

Oh Man! The movie was a let down big time. I love international political thrillers but this one was so disjointed as it jumped through the individual narratives. The premise and the basic plot outline was smart, maybe too smart for a lot of the audience at least where I went to see it, but the execution was horrible.