Sign in to follow this  
AalTo

Among Somali singers ...who is the most popular one..and who do u like?

me   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Cajiib walaahi.

Enjoining the good has now become a problem. None of us are perfect, but if reminded by a fellow Muslim with regards to the good, even if you do not heed it at the very least do not protest or get defensive like you are been judged.

Don’t get your knickers in a knot over a simple reminder that at the end of the day we should be listening to the Quran instead of Music. Even for those of us that do listen to Music, none should ever protest over this point.

Dear Rahima,

No one is objecting against people listening to Quraan. All that I said was that this thread was about Somali Music and Somali songs. If you don't believe me please check the title of the thread. there is no need to accuse us of anything. All that I am asking for is that people like you (mods) should apply the forums rules to yourself. Do not give us nomads bad examples of thread hijackings, it only makes the forum messy and we can't have good discussions with a messy forum.

Listening to the Quraan is a good thing and I am glad that there are so many brothers and sisters listening to it. So keep up the good work.

RedSea   

Assalamu Calaykum Dear Nomads,

I think,it's time for you to think about the people you are refering to be so "greats" were/are nothing but drunk alcoholics as well as Khat addicts whom I can argue that each one of them was probably high when he/she composed their lyrics..yet you hold 'em with high regard,amazing.

As for the understanding brothers and sisters in this thread,let me try to address few of you.

Aaliyah,my lovely sister,I think our dear brother's Khalaf's tips are probably the most helpful.So without saying too much,let me just say,that you may start with small quantity of Quran listening(this will not bored you from the begining),then work your way up, while asking Allah to turn your heart to fall in love with his beautiful words Insha Allah...I hope it works for you my beloved sister.

You may choose the various Quran reciters.The best Quran reciter that I can recommend to you NOW is Sh.Abdulraxman Asudaysi,he is probably got the best voice(in my opinion),which would help you to be more attentive during your listening session.

Rahima,my beloved sister,some of our brothers here seem to argue against everything that they don't seem to hold for any regard,but I didn't think some would come out protesting against their own very faith and Quran.It's trully the best encouragment to give to someone you love such as Nomads here to listen to the Quran.

Khalaf,Sophist,Sakhar,I think,although it's hard to determine who the best Quran reciter of all time is,but we may narrow the field of whom had the best Tajwiid,who had the best voice,I think it's matter of personal choice,for me I thought,The Imam of Makkal Mukaramah Sh.Abdulraxman Assudaysi is probably the best.

p.s.it would be great to get together sometimes or perhaps over the phone to have little Qurran contest,may be we can determine whose Quran is the best. smile.gif

thanks and assalamu calaykum.

Rahima   

Me,

Let’s get real brother, thread hijacking happens all the bloody time in almost every thread. Not much that we can do about it except to sit on the pc all day long editing.

Now my question to you is why protest over this one, especially when it could very well be argued that this time is much more worthy then all the other times you have not objected to.

Jaylaani   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

Jaylaani is a good singer.

I love you too boo!

My list, besides me of course!

Sulfa.

Ahmed Mooge

Digfeer

Cabdi Nuur Allale (Djiboutian legend who is the original singer of the DADKA HAYSKA WAYNAY copied by Max'd Mooge (RIP) and JACAYKA WADAN LAHAA copied by ZULFA

Marian Mursal

Ubax Fahmo (the original composer of the song LADANE)

Deeqo from Ottawa

me   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Me,

Let’s get real brother, thread hijacking happens all the bloody time in almost every thread. Not much that we can do about it except to sit on the pc all day long editing.

Now my question to you is why protest over this one, especially when it could very well be argued that this time is much more worthy then all the other times you have
not objected to.

Because I am a hypocrite and it serves me well to argue about this one. Now will you please apply the rules of this forum to yourself.

Rahima   

^ Don’t get sensitive now brother, don’t forget that it was you who posed the no-go-zone touchy question of others feeling superior when in fact it was only a reminder for us all. If you wished to go there I only challenging it- ha ka xanaaqin it was only a question (one that I was hoping would make you rethink your protest ;) ).

That said which rule am I breaking?

Even If I were on the pc all day long I would not edit every post which diverges from the original intent of the topic unless it was offensive or inflammatory. This particular thread does not fall into that category.

Either way me, be grateful when reminded I know I am.

Don’t get your knickers in a knot over a simple reminder that at the end of the day we should be listening to the Quran instead of Music. Even for those of us that do listen to Music, none should ever protest over this point.

I needed that Rahima. I needed a reminded to take off "Doctor's Advocate" off my playlist and instead put the Quran on.

Me, why you so aggresive son? Rahima has said nothing wrong, and by the way, if this was Khayr or KHalaf, you probably wouldn't be so quick to call out on them.

Rahima is awesome, keep up the positive attitude sista.

NASSIR   

We need to evaluate the talents of the new singers like Kaskey and Jazz who are extremely talented to have their own songs. The old ones won't forever sing for us. It seems we share some cultural patterns with Arabs.

Abdi-Qadir Moalin Juba has added in his last album one of his songs voiced by Abdi Nur Jazz since Jazz's sacharine voice performed much better than his. I am not lying, you can check that album in stores. "Dharaartii la joogaba waa kugu dhadhabayaa"

me   

Rahima thanks for teh reminder.

Lazygirl, rahima is awsome and she knows I appreciate her awsomeness, anyhow lazy girl, she understood my point was and I think I should stop hijacking the thread now.

Somali singers well, Caamir I am stuck with the music of my generation, I dont know what teh youth of today listen to all these names you posted dont say much to me even that KING KHALID DUDE. Waayaha Cusub is awsome though, they are 'innovative' and I hope they keep up the good work and keep flooding youtube. I grew up with somali music but never appreciated it till I got older.

peepz, i've bought a step ladder along with me

..........__

......... /

........ |--|

........ |--|

........ |--|

........ |--|

........ |--|

........ |--|

........ |--|

its now safe to come down from your high stools without breaking your necks

Cara.   

^^ :D

me, like you I didn't listen to Somali music much but now that I'm interested it's hard to figure out who's good and who's merely an imitator. Everyone's going on about heesahii hore, and how those fanaan were really talented and the young'uns are terrible.

I like Benaadari songs, even though I don't understand much of the lyrics. My sisters were teens in Somali and they used to listen to these songs and get all emotional and SENTIMENTAL.

I have a favorite Qur'an reciter too, just phenomenal voice, his first name is C/Raxman, can't remember his last name.

lol @ me, i swear my school art teacher told me never to do art... and it seems clear why

how about now that i've stolen some else's ascii art... :D

........-===-.

.......|..........|

.......|..........|

.......()_____()

.......||_____||

........W.....W

........|------|

........|------|

........|------|

........|------|

........|------|